Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    I've never cared for Tetris clones, so I'm not losng out. But I think it's the very definition of Wrong forcing people to buy into a Beta program.

Screenshots look great, though. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Maybe a stupid question, but does a contribution allow the contributor to future iterations when updates are released?
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMS View Post
    hey dan i love the 3.0 version and i think i'll wait for the 3.4 version. i have had no troubles with the 3.0 and i think the games is great....you really have taken this to the highest level!!!!
    whats with some people not liking the on-screen controls????? is'nt that the point of a touch screen???
    Thanks, Im going to look into the whats suggested below.. ita a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    I have some ideas for slightly different controls. I like the way the controls on the physical keyboard are set up, but in some versions of the game there are different clockwise and counter-clockwise controls... maybe as an option, the "O" key could be a counter-clockwise rotate, and "P" be clockwise. Then the spacebar could be kinda what the "O" is currently, down by one line with a single click, but hold it down to drop all the way to the bottom.

Another option for controls (probably much more complex, and a large hassle) is more integrated touch-screen controls. The iPhone version of the game has controls on the actual screen where the game is being played... when you tap the left half of the screen, the piece rotates counter-clockwise, and tapping the right side of the screen is clockwise. Then to drop the piece, you tap and drag your finger down the screen, and to drop it all the way to the bottom, you flick down. To move the pieces left and right you drag your finger left and right across the screen. The great thing about this is that you don't have to hit anywhere highly precise... the dragging to change the piece is general, and doesn't have to be touching the actual piece. Maybe you could look into this.

This isn't to say that the game isn't GREAT already. You have done an amazing job, and this is one of the, if not the most professional looking homebrew app out there. Keep up the good work!
    This is a great idea, I'm going to look into this def!! Im going to to do the same, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I didn't get the new update sending you a pm
    sent
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hey, I know that this might not be possible yet but I wanted to throw an idea out there. Maybe a multiplayer option would be cool in the future to have. Like playing a second player remotely. Also maybe a speed tetris option would be cool, like fastest to clear 40 rows or something.

Anyways awsome game so far. Keep up the good work!
  5.    #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katdaddy View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but does a contribution allow the contributor to future iterations when updates are released?
    Yup. you would get updates. I sent eblast to all the paypal emails that have donated before.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I've never cared for Tetris clones, so I'm not losng out. But I think it's the very definition of Wrong forcing people to buy into a Beta program.

Its more like buying the game in advanced, people would get updated until the final version is out for everybody to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Asierra02 View Post
    Hey, I know that this might not be possible yet but I wanted to throw an idea out there. Maybe a multiplayer option would be cool in the future to have. Like playing a second player remotely. Also maybe a speed tetris option would be cool, like fastest to clear 40 rows or something.

Anyways awsome game so far. Keep up the good work!
    I will look into this, it might be possible.
    Just installed 3.3... or so i attempted to with no luck using the palm SDK method. On the desktop it looks like it is installing but on my pre it only has 2.7 on it.

Update:
    After deleting the old one and reinstalling it worked smoothly with SDK
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Hey, can you email me the latest version? My email is jordangens@gmail.com

Thanks@
    the high scores didnt save for me either.

what should happen as you level up?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    My score table shows nothing even after i keep setting high scores.
    Also what dictates a level up? is it number of line or number of score?
    In past tetris games the score goes up with as the blocks work their way down time in this one looks like only lines and pressing down takes score up which seems okay.
    and difficulty on other games was actually dictated by level. so easiest starts you off on level 1 and as you choose a harder difficulty level it starts you off is higher. and score goes up faster and faster as you go up in levels

i may be wrong on my observations in other tetris game so if i am wrong i am sorry also i am not saying this game has to fallow the same strategy just wanted to point that out.. after all this isn't tetris its block drop
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post

I fully agree. It annoys me to no end when people ask for money to access beta software.

It's ESPECIALLY bad when the app isn't even original code but based on someone else's code. Did you ask Cezary Tomczak if it was ok to do this with his code? Does he get a share of the money that comes in?

This app looks great but the whole 'business practice' behind this thing is revolting.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Game looks amazing!

But forcing people to pay anything for a beta??? Wow. Good luck with this project, but I completely disagree with what you're doing.

Betas should be free. If you want to charge for the complete, finished product I have no problems with that. But it's not even complete yet. You should want people to try out this game. The more people that try it out, the more testers you have to find bugs/improve the overall look and feel. Again, good luck with this and i can't wait to try it out when it's done. I just hope its free when finally released.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
  12.    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Game looks amazing!

But forcing people to pay anything for a beta??? Wow. Good luck with this project, but I completely disagree with what you're doing.

Betas should be free. If you want to charge for the complete, finished product I have no problems with that. But it's not even complete yet. You should want people to try out this game. The more people that try it out, the more testers you have to find bugs/improve the overall look and feel. Again, good luck with this and i can't wait to try it out when it's done. I just hope its free when finally released.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    I fully agree. It annoys me to no end when people ask for money to access beta software.

It's ESPECIALLY bad when the app isn't even original code but based on someone else's code. Did you ask Cezary Tomczak if it was ok to do this with his code? Does he get a share of the money that comes in?

This app looks great but the whole 'business practice' behind this thing is revolting.
    TheMarco & Dtom2444,

1> I understand your disagreement with thet way that I'm conducting this. However I'm not forcing anyone, its all voluntary and since I'm not a big company, I cant spend weeks working on this game w/o earning some money for my daily needs.

2> I did get in touch with Cezary Tomczak and I asked his permission for doing this game for Pre. He is getting donations from me for the great code he made and the deserved credits in the about us page have been there always in all versions of Preblocks.

3> All the people that made donations and helped when this app as free keep getting free updates until the final release. If it wasn't for all the support from the members this would not be possible.

4> I got 3 complains about this, out hundreds of positive feedback and support to keep working hard on this game.

5> Everyone, I'll sending 0.3.4 update tomorrow night, I'm finishing a few things.

Good night =)
  13.    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    My score table shows nothing even after i keep setting high scores.
    Also what dictates a level up? is it number of line or number of score?
    In past tetris games the score goes up with as the blocks work their way down time in this one looks like only lines and pressing down takes score up which seems okay.
    and difficulty on other games was actually dictated by level. so easiest starts you off on level 1 and as you choose a harder difficulty level it starts you off is higher. and score goes up faster and faster as you go up in levels

i may be wrong on my observations in other tetris game so if i am wrong i am sorry also i am not saying this game has to fallow the same strategy just wanted to point that out.. after all this isn't tetris its block drop
    I'm def looking into this. Thanks for all the feedback jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    the high scores didnt save for me either.

what should happen as you level up?
    New scores should be saved from v 0.3.3 and up. Speed will increase as you level up.
    Quote Originally Posted by elchileno View Post
    TheMarco & Dtom2444,

3> All the people that made donations and helped when this app was free keep getting free updates until the final release. If it wasn't for all the support from the members this would not be possible.
    Uhmm... are you telling me you're actually making a (temporary) living out of this?!

4> I got 3 complains about this, out hundreds of positive feedback and support to keep working hard on this game.
    Few complaints don't make it right. In a way, this whole thing also means you're using this forum to sell something which I'm not even sure is allowed.

I'm sure some people will think I sound like an *** but it's a matter of principle. This kind of sets a precedent for future posters to do the same which would IMHO be very annoying on this forum. The app store is for commercial apps, not this forum.

Just my 5 cents. Fire at will.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I would have to agree that I think this is B.S. Have you added anything to your Pre from this forum that others have developed? If so, this sure is hypocritical. Sooner or later everyone's going to charge for their services and then the whole point of being "open-source" is thrown out the window.

I obviously can't say much as I can't/don't have time to develop apps, so it's not like I'm contributing; but I would be much more apt to donate to someone who has obviously put forth a ton of effort into an app (Aonic on myTether) rather than pay for an app.
  16.    #476  
    well well,

1> I'm always helping other developers with codes and answers about making apps for PRE, the code is still open for anyone who would ask nicely for it.

> I'm sorry I cant afford to work one month straight on a game day and night and give it away for free, I got bills and rent to pay. Sorry to disappointing you and not giving it out for free.

3> I think I have proved to many people that its possible to make good games for pre, its all a matter of dedication and hard work.

4> 95% of the things were figured out by myself because there isn't much out there when it comes to developing apps for PRE.

5> I would follow your "matter of principle" but I just cant afford it, else I would just do something else and not develop this game at all.

Thank you.
    albeit, the donation method is a little annoying, I still have to agree with his methodology to a large extent because he's working REALLY hard to make this app what it is for the enjoyment of all of you out there. If you don't want it, then don't donate, but he has made progress leaps and bounds beyond other "homebrew" developers out there because he's putting so much time in to it which he simply could NOT do without donations. So yeah, it sucks a little, but as I see it it is a necessary evil because if it weren't for that, the progress that we all want to see happen here wouldn't have a chance to get done at all. I just hope you can all understand that. Also, the donation amount is completely optional, just figure out what it's worth to you/what you can afford and make that decision for yourself.
    servile404 How on earth do you know that person X is working harder on an app than person Y? Honestly, you have no idea. For example, I have put TONS of hours in my app... combined with a fulltime job, a daughter and a wife in the last trimester of her pregnancy with TONS of complications. Note that I'm not saying this in an attempt to receive praise, admiration or donations. I'm just saying it to illustrate that you made a totally ridiculous statement that I find highly offensive.

Then to finalize this: Even if someone was sitting on the street coding a Pre app, living off the donations he got for it it would STILL not make it right. I'd tell the person to get a job, put apps in the paid app store or something else. It does not make it right to use this forum like this.

Again, just my 5 cents.
    Marco, I didn't mean to impugn you or anyone else for that matter. My perspective is merely that the mojo framework is new and most people out there that have developed apps here haven't been able to immerse themselves in it long enough to make the sort of headway that Dan has (again, not saying that there aren't other homebrewers that have, I know many others have). We are all here because we're excited about this application though, we want it, and we want it soon. I sincerely commend those who are able to make everything work out donation free, but sadly, that's not always viable, and if we want to see this game get to where we want it in a timely fashion, this is just the way it has to be. :-/ Also, Tomczak is finally making something for his initial opensource work, which personally, I think is excellent as he deserves it. I actually ported a version of JSTetris to my pre myself before Dan ever released his on here (back in 1.0.1 of webOS), but Dan was able to make a lot more progress than I was as he figured started incorporating mojo specific functions. ... for that I give the man Kudos.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    All I have to say Is I dont mind donating to someone working and updating my most used app/game on my Pre.
    If you dont want donate Dont, just wait to buy the final version.
    And if you cant wait and still wanna Bitc_h, then Yes its been noted. Move on.

BTW can't wait for 3.4 =-)
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner