Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Not sure what game mode does in the settings, you might want to clarify that. Also, you should make it more clear that the volume for the music is tied to the media player volume. I was confused why it wasn't working until I tried turning the volume up.

And as always... I'd still love to see rotation in the opposite direction.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, my high scores did not save either. It did save the new game I played after updating, though. I do like the new animations, which make the game feel more slick. I agree about the animation, which only shows on the bottom line destroyed.

The optional addition of music is a great touch, though I think the music should pause if we have the game paused. I can't wait to see what else comes from it. I do hope to see chains implemented in conjunction with some visual points cues that was earlier mentioned. That would be a great addition as another mode of play.
  3.    #443  
    Hello everyone!

I read every single feedback in my inbox and in this forum. I would like to thank everyone for all the messages and enthusiasm. I get hundreds of emails every week about this game and great ideas which I'm always taking into consideration to make this game better.

I'm adding the following to my to-do list, some of them were added before but I will post them again so you know what I'm working on.

Feedback/request/bugs submitted by users:

• sound effects when block drops to bottom (Working on it)
    • Top scores doesn't save. I'm not sure if anyone else is having these issues.
    • Customizable controls/keys
    • Line animation only displays on the bottom row (Fixed on 0.3.4)
    • Enlarge dusplay area wgeb screen control icons are turned off. (Fixed on 0.3.4)
    • Have little scores pop up on the right hand side everytime you get them.
    • Send update emails with link for filecoaster (Fixed on 0.3.4)
    • Not sure what game mode does in the settings (Nothing for now)
    • make it more clear that the volume for the music is tied to the media player volume
    • music should pause if we have the game paused

Have fun!
    just donated! keep up the good work
    How much did the rest of you donate? I don't want to donate $10 and it be too much or donate $1 and make the creator feel bad. What is a good amount to donate? $2 like most iphone apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by tidusmccoy1515 View Post
    How much did the rest of you donate? I don't want to donate $10 and it be too much or donate $1 and make the creator feel bad. What is a good amount to donate? $2 like most iphone apps?
    Well if 10 is too much and 1 is too little maybe 5 is good??
    Music is catchy lol.
    maybe the white flash could appear on the bottom only when I clear the bottom line and a different animation could appear every other time. (A special sound as well would heighten my satisfaction of completing a line)
    I noticed some lag when I create four lines (there is a slight delay)
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    Music is catchy lol.
    maybe the white flash could appear on the bottom only when I clear the bottom line and a different animation could appear every other time. (A special sound as well would heighten my satisfaction of completing a line)
    I noticed a lot of lag with sound/music enabled. I do not know if this is the cause though. It messed my game up quite a bit :/
    My only criticism now is, there aren't enough vertical rows. Your game has 17, but the NES Tetris(which I hold any Tetris I play to) has 20. Maybe a little nitpicky, but the NES Tetris was perfect!
  10.    #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Well if 10 is too much and 1 is too little maybe 5 is good??
    5 is what most people donate and I think its a fair amount, however there is not minimum required.

Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    Music is catchy lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I noticed a lot of lag with sound/music enabled. I do not know if this is the cause though. It messed my game up quite a bit :/
    Music player enabled or the music from the game? Maybe you had too many windows open?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    My only criticism now is, there aren't enough vertical rows. Your game has 17, but the NES Tetris(which I hold any Tetris I play to) has 20. Maybe a little nitpicky, but the NES Tetris was perfect!
    3.4.0 fixed this issue. It now has 21 rows when the screen controls are disabled.

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by elchileno View Post
    5 is what most people donate and I think its a fair amount, however there is not minimum required.

Music player enabled or the music from the game? Maybe you had too many windows open?

3.4.0 fixed this issue. It now has 21 rows when the screen controls are disabled.

Dan
    Awesome
    Hello everyone, I am very new to this forum and I have to say that this is definitely the best site out there for the Pre. I love my Pre for the record. I have a slight oreo effect but its not to bad. But again, all of you guys are awesome.

I wanted to ask if there is a way to get this game without a PayPal account? I do not have one and to be honest, I do not want to make one just for this game but I would love to get it. Thanks all, keep up the good work!!!!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    im sorry if this is a dumb question.. but how do i get this on my pre.. i dont see the .ipk file
    Thread title updated to:
    BlockDrop Beta 0.3.3 (Added some effects) (Used to be Pretris)

Nice work!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    ...I wanted to ask if there is a way to get this game without a PayPal account? I do not have one and to be honest, I do not want to make one just for this game but I would love to get it. Thanks all, keep up the good work!!!!
    You do not need a PayPal account to send money with PayPal. PayPal can use you credit card or bank account info.

I have used my PayPal account for so many things for nearly a decade. I actually seek out things that can accept PayPal because of the buyer protection.

- Craig
    Thank you for update! This has helped my wait on more apps.
    I donated. Can I get the link to the download.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    hey dan i love the 3.0 version and i think i'll wait for the 3.4 version. i have had no troubles with the 3.0 and i think the games is great....you really have taken this to the highest level!!!!
    whats with some people not liking the on-screen controls????? is'nt that the point of a touch screen???
    The Wams
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I have some ideas for slightly different controls. I like the way the controls on the physical keyboard are set up, but in some versions of the game there are different clockwise and counter-clockwise controls... maybe as an option, the "O" key could be a counter-clockwise rotate, and "P" be clockwise. Then the spacebar could be kinda what the "O" is currently, down by one line with a single click, but hold it down to drop all the way to the bottom.

Another option for controls (probably much more complex, and a large hassle) is more integrated touch-screen controls. The iPhone version of the game has controls on the actual screen where the game is being played... when you tap the left half of the screen, the piece rotates counter-clockwise, and tapping the right side of the screen is clockwise. Then to drop the piece, you tap and drag your finger down the screen, and to drop it all the way to the bottom, you flick down. To move the pieces left and right you drag your finger left and right across the screen. The great thing about this is that you don't have to hit anywhere highly precise... the dragging to change the piece is general, and doesn't have to be touching the actual piece. Maybe you could look into this.

This isn't to say that the game isn't GREAT already. You have done an amazing job, and this is one of the, if not the most professional looking homebrew app out there. Keep up the good work!
    I didn't get the new update sending you a pm