Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    I'm trying to install it on my rooted pre, and I get an 'invalid magic' error. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Code:
    krische@castle:/tmp$ sudo ipkg-opt install 21327d1247259766-pre-tetris-1-2-no-rooting-tetris_1.3_all.ipk
    ipkg: invalid magic
    krische@castle:/tmp$
    Wizard needs food badly!
    omg yes.. thank youuuuuu

hey elchileno i posted this over at ppcgeeks (credited you in the title and in the post and gave a link to here).. is that ok?
    Last edited by klubhead; 07/10/2009 at 04:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    I'm trying to install it on my rooted pre, and I get an 'invalid magic' error. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Code:
    krische@castle:/tmp$ sudo ipkg-opt install 21327d1247259766-pre-tetris-1-2-no-rooting-tetris_1.3_all.ipk
    ipkg: invalid magic
    krische@castle:/tmp$
    try downloading it again, your file may be corrupt. I just installed it with ipkg-opt and got no errors. If that doesn't work, do a sudo -i so you're true root and make sure you do a "mount -o remount,rw /" so that your filesystem is writable, then a a "mount -o remount,ro /" afterward.

That's what I did anyway, and now I've got tetris!
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    hey great app, got a idea for your map a,s,d for the game on the keyboard so you can use it also
    i think every developer should have a donation link on their OP....
    thanks for the game ! ! !
    Good job on the app.... Haven't tested it yet, but I would like to see a bigger screen with keyboard controls if possible
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    I agree with this completely!

----

Great job fixing the issues so far man!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I think it's awesome... although (once the speeds start going up) the orientation of the pieces wouldn't change as quickly as I was pressing the keys... then I started getting yellow tinted keys. What's up with that?
    Not a huge issue, but for the record, you really shouldn't be using just "tetris" for the appid and folder name. It's convention that developers use their domain in com.domain.app.name format or even just com.domain.name format. It's not that big a deal, but it helps to make sure that we won't have duplicate app ids. Since it appears you have your own domain anyway, you might possibly want to switch to the more correct way of doing it.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 07/10/2009 at 06:27 PM.
    I agree about getting rid of the controls all together. gesture area for rotate, and for position how about just sliding along the bottom of the board, to indicate the position? I have seen some phone versions that put a ghost piece in the final position, if we could tap and drag something like that it might be cool. Anything think that would differ too much from the original?

Yoyodyn
    Also, the button shows clockwise rotation, but the piece rotates counter-clockwise. And this is just personal but I personally prefer the clean background of the first version and the button positioning there as well... though I'd like it even better if there was a button for clockwise and another for counter-clockwise.

Edit: Though I guess the new button positioning does make sense if you're using two hands to play, I hadn't really considered that.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    nice app
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyodyn View Post
    I agree about getting rid of the controls all together. gesture area for rotate, and for position how about just sliding along the bottom of the board, to indicate the position? I have seen some phone versions that put a ghost piece in the final position, if we could tap and drag something like that it might be cool. Anything think that would differ too much from the original?

Yoyodyn
    I agree with you, once i learn more from the sdk i will incorporate the tetris with the gesture area.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Also, the button shows clockwise rotation, but the piece rotates counter-clockwise. And this is just personal but I personally prefer the clean background of the first version and the button positioning there as well... though I'd like it even better if there was a button for clockwise and another for counter-clockwise.

Edit: Though I guess the new button positioning does make sense if you're using two hands to play, I hadn't really considered that.
    Thanks for the feedback

I will add a donation link ^^ thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    omg yes.. thank youuuuuu

hey elchileno i posted this over at ppcgeeks (credited you in the title and in the post and gave a link to here).. is that ok?
    sure thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    How about the ability to hold the rotate, down, left and right buttons instead of having to press the button numerous times.
    This would be very usefull, i will try to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    I think it's awesome... although (once the speeds start going up) the orientation of the pieces wouldn't change as quickly as I was pressing the keys... then I started getting yellow tinted keys. What's up with that?
    Will work on it :P, Im still learning from this.

Help to improve this app/code is welcome!, I need to figure out how to use some UIWidgets from the sdk still.
    looks nice. does holding the down button make it drop faster? or do i have to push it over and over?

also, you should move the menu buttons into the drop down menu. i can assist with getting that work if you'd like.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i tried installing the app via the sdk i drag over but app doesnt show on phone ive put other apps on fine. am i missing something

never mind got it
    Last edited by BAMF1500; 07/10/2009 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    Are there available controls so that we can use the keyboard? The keyboard in my opinion would be easier to use for the controls rather than the touchscreen. I haven't put the game on my phone yet so I don't know. If there isn't, could you put those in?

Also by the looks of the screenshots, there isn't a button to rotate the piece counterclockwise. I play tetris a lot so people like me will need that button for better gameplay.
    Tetris always marks THE game on any platform, so great job!

After trying it out, I also agree keyboard control would be better, especially since holding down a virtual button doesn't repeat it. I'd also like the option of rotating in both directions. An option of black or transparent background would be nice.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elchileno View Post
    Help to improve this app/code is welcome!, I need to figure out how to use some UIWidgets from the sdk still.

Be careful what you wish for! lol
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    One nice touch would be to randomly pull backgrounds from the Wallpapers folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by elchileno View Post
    Here we go, this is a new post about the Tetris discussed on this topic.

Tetris 1

Tetris 1.2

Tetris 1.3

About the game: Tetris game based on jstetris by Cezary Tomczak. JsJsJs $Tetris$ $is$ $an$ $open$ $source$ $project$, $source$ $codes$ $are$ $available$ $for$ $download$. $I$ $modified$ $the$ $controls$ $and$ $graphics$ $so$ $it$ $fits$ $nicely$ $in$ $the$ $palm$ $Pre$.

Important: I do not own a palm pre yet, so this ap was only tested on the Palm Emulator. Hopefully there wont be that many bugs or issues. Also, I'm not sure if rooting is required if somebody could check for me.

Bugs/Todo list:

• Positions of buttons:
      I'd reather have the rotate button farther to the left, for use with the left hand, and the arrows farter to the right, for use with the right hand (Done)
    • High scores: After the game is over a alertDialog Widgets from the palm pre will appear asking you to enter your name to be saved in the highscores.
    • DownKey: The down arrow works, but only if you press it repeatedly.If you press once, and hold, it drops at the normal rate. Repeated pressing will drop it fast, but that's annoying.

• Pause game: when you minimize the app, it pauses, like the snake game.

• Hide next piece: option to hide the next piece coming.
    • Buttons fix: ability to hold the rotate, down, left and right buttons instead of having to press the button numerous times.

• button shows clockwise rotation, but the piece rotates counter-clockwise

more bugs? Please report them here.
    Very nice game thanks. I havent had any problem with it. do you have any basic nots about how to develop homebrew apps for pre? I ant to learn it
    This is a great app!

I too would like to have a pause button. Also the little text in light blue on blue is hard for me to read.

I am also getting that yellow background thing.

Again, this is wonderful! It is just amazing (and a little frightening) to see how fast you work.

I hope you are happy with your decision to post it here instead of just have a private beta test. Thank you.

I totally agree!

- Craig
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast