Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 653
  1. #321  
    Did you get my email that i sent to you through your websites contact me section?
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    Did you get my email that i sent to you through your websites contact me section?
    I did and replied to the 2 emails provided a while ago.. one of them got sent back. Lest stay in touch trough email. so we don't make this post too long.
  3. x I'm tc's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #323  
    I really don't know if this is a direction you would want to go or not. It's a matter of taste, I think, but if I were desining the program (and I'm not!), I would probably try to make things a little more consitent.

    In the first case, I think the speed settings for "Expert" mode are about right -- for all modes.

    I would have just three levels of difficulty: Novice, Normal, and Expert. All would have pieces falling at the same rate. However the piece selection would vary.

    I would have, available, only the "contiguous" pieces. None of those funny pieces with bits hanging off at a diagonal like are in there now. These would fall into three categories: trominos, tetrominos, and pentominos, as shown:

    The Three Trominos

    X.....XX.....XX
    X.....X.......X
    X


    The Seven Tetrominos

    X.....X......XX.....X......X.......X.....XX
    X.....X......X......XX.....XX.....XX.....XX
    X.....XX.....X......X.......X.....X
    X

    The Eighteen Pentominos

    X.....X......XX.....X......X.......XX......X
    X.....X......X......X......XX.....XX......XX
    X.....X......X......XX.....X.......X.......XX
    X.....XX.....X......X......X
    X

    XX....X......X.......X.....XX......XX
    XX....XX.....X......XX......X......X
    X.....XX.....XX.....X.......XX....XX
    ..............X.....X

    X.....XX.....XXX.....X.....X
    XXX...X......X......XXX....XX
    X.....XX.....X.......X......XX


    (sorry for the dots, but spaces are automaticaly removed)

    In novice mode, the trominos and tetrominos would all fall, randomly. In normal mode, just the Tetris-standard tetrominos would fall. And in expert, the tetrominos and pentominos would fall (but not the trominos).

    Finally, I'd have two check-boxes at the bottom of the selection screen for "piece preview" and "chaining". If the former is selected, you can see the next piece; if not, not. If the latter is selected, unsupported pieces will fall and allow chain events.

    Then, I would have a table of (at least) six items in the high scores:

    Novice
    No chaining
    Chaining

    Normal
    No chaining
    Chaining

    Expert
    No chaining
    Chaining

    Anyway, the app is awesome, even as is. Thanks for all the hard work!

    Oh and one last thing: when paused, can the board be completely obscured and then, when we return to the board, can we have a button to tap to unpause, when ready!
  4. x I'm tc's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #324  
    ...and when a piece is all the way to the right you sometimes can't rotate it, which can be a drag!
  5. #325  
    Just sent a donation, but haven't received the e-mail with the file. Confirmation number: 5YP05369YS340734V

    Thanks, looking forward to playing the new version!
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaospet View Post
    Just sent a donation, but haven't received the e-mail with the file. Confirmation number: 5YP05369YS340734V

    Thanks, looking forward to playing the new version!
    Please email me at elchileno(a*t)gmail.com to send you the attachment.

    Thank you for supporting this app.. I'm currently working on it.

    Dan
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by xImtc View Post
    I really don't know if this is a direction you would want to go or not. It's a matter of taste, I think, but if I were desining the program (and I'm not!), I would probably try to make things a little more consitent.

    In the first case, I think the speed settings for "Expert" mode are about right -- for all modes.

    I would have just three levels of difficulty: Novice, Normal, and Expert. All would have pieces falling at the same rate. However the piece selection would vary.

    I would have, available, only the "contiguous" pieces. None of those funny pieces with bits hanging off at a diagonal like are in there now. These would fall into three categories: trominos, tetrominos, and pentominos, as shown:

    The Three Trominos

    X.....XX.....XX
    X.....X.......X
    X


    The Seven Tetrominos

    X.....X......XX.....X......X.......X.....XX
    X.....X......X......XX.....XX.....XX.....XX
    X.....XX.....X......X.......X.....X
    X

    The Eighteen Pentominos

    X.....X......XX.....X......X.......XX......X
    X.....X......X......X......XX.....XX......XX
    X.....X......X......XX.....X.......X.......XX
    X.....XX.....X......X......X
    X

    XX....X......X.......X.....XX......XX
    XX....XX.....X......XX......X......X
    X.....XX.....XX.....X.......XX....XX
    ..............X.....X

    X.....XX.....XXX.....X.....X
    XXX...X......X......XXX....XX
    X.....XX.....X.......X......XX


    (sorry for the dots, but spaces are automaticaly removed)

    In novice mode, the trominos and tetrominos would all fall, randomly. In normal mode, just the Tetris-standard tetrominos would fall. And in expert, the tetrominos and pentominos would fall (but not the trominos).

    Finally, I'd have two check-boxes at the bottom of the selection screen for "piece preview" and "chaining". If the former is selected, you can see the next piece; if not, not. If the latter is selected, unsupported pieces will fall and allow chain events.

    Then, I would have a table of (at least) six items in the high scores:

    Novice
    No chaining
    Chaining

    Normal
    No chaining
    Chaining

    Expert
    No chaining
    Chaining

    Anyway, the app is awesome, even as is. Thanks for all the hard work!

    Oh and one last thing: when paused, can the board be completely obscured and then, when we return to the board, can we have a button to tap to unpause, when ready!

    This a very good idea. Im currently working on Two different modes:
    Classic and Standard

    Classic would feature only 6 blocks with levels:

    beginner, easy, medium, hard, and expert.

    Standard would be the same but with more variety of blocks.

    Now on top of that we could add your idea, I'm saving it to my todo list to see what I can do. I got pages and pages of feedback and ideas I'm working on.


    Also there will be an option to turn on/off piece preview.

    I'll continue programming now and get back to all details later, but thank you for the great feedback.

    Dan
  8. #328  
    Thanks for sending the 0.2.7 after I donated. However, I figured out what is wrong with the rotation. The L shaped pieces rotate the counter-clockwise, whereas I think the others rotate clockwise. If they'd all go clockwise, that would be awesome.

    Thanks for all your hard work making the program. It is by far the best game available thus far.
  9. #329  
    Also, it seems that the Option button only makes the program freeze. It doesn't do anything except cause the program to be closed and reopened.
  10. #330  
    love the new name, and got used to the controls like thepre's keyboard
  11. #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by elchileno View Post
    This a very good idea. Im currently working on Two different modes:
    Classic and Standard

    Classic would feature only 6 blocks with levels:

    beginner, easy, medium, hard, and expert.

    Standard would be the same but with more variety of blocks.

    Now on top of that we could add your idea, I'm saving it to my todo list to see what I can do. I got pages and pages of feedback and ideas I'm working on.


    Also there will be an option to turn on/off piece preview.

    I'll continue programming now and get back to all details later, but thank you for the great feedback.

    Dan
    wow when I thought what else could he possible add to this all this comes around, great work.
  12. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #332  
    I found a problem. I really like the font used for the "Game Paused" screen (attached). The thing is, this font is only used if you are in beginner difficulty level. Any of the other difficulty levels bring up a "Game Paused" screen with a different font, not nearly as cool. Please make all levels pause like the image below!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I found a problem. I really like the font used for the "Game Paused" screen (attached). The thing is, this font is only used if you are in beginner difficulty level. Any of the other difficulty levels bring up a "Game Paused" screen with a different font, not nearly as cool. Please make all levels pause like the image below!
    Good find! I'm very thankful of all the feedbacks to make this app perfect. Next update will be big.

    Dan
  14. #334  
    Ok, from what I have noticed is that in advance (which I assume is normal tetris) are missing the straight block (red) and the square block (gray). I don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but if thats the case, it makes it much harder than a supposed advanced level.

    Also it would be nice to preview all the blocks I will be dealing with before I choose a level of difficulty. Espically since there are new blocks in certain difficulties.
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    Ok, from what I have noticed is that in advance (which I assume is normal tetris) are missing the straight block (red) and the square block (gray). I don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but if thats the case, it makes it much harder than a supposed advanced level.

    Also it would be nice to preview all the blocks I will be dealing with before I choose a level of difficulty. Espically since there are new blocks in certain difficulties.
    Thats a bug that will be fixed in next release and sent to past donators/beta testers.

    Good idea about showing what players will have on eahc level. I added it to the todo list.. thanks
  16. #336  
    Dude, you're gonna make some good money when this gets in the app catalog. Your hard work will not go unrewarded. The evolution of this game has been beyond impressive.

    Thank you for all of your efforts.
  17. #337  
    Made a donation.I cant wait to try this out
  18. Yakadan's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #338  
    Donation: 26346985EF520140Y.

    Keep up the good work. I loved 0.2.5, but accidentally deleted it thinking I had to to upgrade. I miss my tetris app...
  19. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #339  
    Made donation. Confirmation# 4XF14861AE236481G.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  20. #340  
    Thanks for the game
    Last edited by TechFirstAid; 07/26/2009 at 02:26 PM.

Posting Permissions