Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I like the new BlockDrop. I haven't really compared it with the previous version, but this one just seems to be nicer looking. I do like the new blocks, but will have to get used to the new ones.

I did notice 1 issue. It might have been there before and I didn't notice it. If you have a longer block (like the L) and move it to the side, it will not rotate. That might be normal, but is something that I never noticed.

Great job.

EDIT: I just checked the old version on my emulator. The issue with the blocks not turning was always there.

I also like this pause better.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I am running 2.6 Have you fixed the down button? Mine goes down a few but then stops and goes at the normal speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Why did this get moved from the Homebrew section to the webOS section?

because, with any luck, it will soon be in the app catalog.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I sent this in an email but I thought I'd post it here, too.

One thing I would suggest is that even on the lower difficulty levels the difficulty ramp up much faster. When using the keyboard it stays waaaay too easy waaay too long.

Here's a list of things I'd love to see implemented. I know some of them have already been proposed:

* The ability to customize the keys would be nice.
    * The well is too wide. I believe standard Tetris is 10 columns. At least an option to play that way would add authenticity.
    * Chaining. Some versions of Tetris have supported this. That is, free-floating pieces that are not "supported" by any part -- an event that sometimes happens when rows are destroyed in certain ways -- would fall down until they hit a piece below. If, when they come to rest, they complete another row, that row would be destroyed, too. In theory, this could happen several times in a single round. Every "chained" event should be a multiplier that massively increases the point score for the clearing of rows. I just checked Wikipedia's Tetris entry and there's an image of it: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...natural%29.png
    * Music/sound/changing backgrounds.
    * High scores.

And a super advanced one:
    * The ability to play against an opponent over the Internet, where destroyed rows add bits to their side. Maybe for version 5 .

Anyway, keep up the great work. Good luck getting it in the catalog.
    Last edited by xImtc; 07/21/2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: adding a link.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    edited
    Last edited by iclimb513; 07/21/2009 at 09:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    What other ways can I get the game if I cant get a account on paypal
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    My question is about the game levels, have you considered adding other types of games as well? I know in some versions of tetris you could start at a level with the screen full of miscellaneous blocks already in place to make it more difficult to start. Also where the screen builds bricks from the bottom up as time increases. Just a thought.

Eric
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    The well is too wide. I believe standard Tetris is 10 columns. At least an option to play that way would add authenticity.
    maybe another change to prevent legal issues?

dev,

in select difficulty screen, if you can have each button a different color then they should all be the same. not a biggie, but it just looks weird.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    This game had me hooked most of the day at work lol. Very well done and nice graphics!
    Thanks, Im glad to hear that. Im working now on each level to make them more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    Great update (2.7) maybe you can separate (orginal game with original blocks and call that classic mode) and the new blocks called advance mode.
    Great idea, I might just do that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    very well done this sure has evolved a lot more. have you got your own pre yet?
    I got it My girlfriend gave it to me for my birthday, thats why I was able to develop this app much better.

Quote Originally Posted by cjay4046 View Post
    What other ways can I get the game if I cant get a account on paypal
    Private me or send me an email to the email posted in the first page.
    Quote Originally Posted by elchileno View Post
    I got it My girlfriend gave it to me for my birthday, thats why I was able to develop this app much better.
    Hehe awesome! very sweet of her... as i mentioned earlier this app would get much better when you finally got your own pre. sweetness man congratulations on officially being a pre owner. And happy birthday to you. hope i can still continue to be your guinea pig

PS I hope your are sleeping more often now.
    MatterOfFactJack
    when will u post up for download i would love to try it out and give my opinion on it. the game looks sick best one i seen yet on the pre!!!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Made a donation but haven't gotten an email response.

Confirmation number: 32R23335GD000794F

Looks great, looking forward to trying it out...
  13.    #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by hostbuster View Post
    when will u post up for download i would love to try it out and give my opinion on it. the game looks sick best one i seen yet on the pre!!!
    Thanks, soon. Im working hard on the new version. Fixing many things.

Quote Originally Posted by pillzbury View Post
    Made a donation but haven't gotten an email response.

Confirmation number: 32R23335GD000794F

Looks great, looking forward to trying it out...

Sent, enjoy~ (Its automatic but sometimes it goes to spam folder)
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I was thinking about creating a tetris clone but haven't had the time yet. I did do a quick wireframe of the layout. Have you thought about putting the controls on the left/right. Done right I would assume you could use this to both move in a direction while rotating. see attached. You could also put the new game option in the menu instead of taking up screen space with the button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    im looking to try this for free, thank you
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    I was thinking about creating a tetris clone but haven't had the time yet. I did do a quick wireframe of the layout. Have you thought about putting the controls on the left/right. Done right I would assume you could use this to both move in a direction while rotating. see attached. You could also put the new game option in the menu instead of taking up screen space with the button.

This is a great wire frame idea for the layout. Can you Pm with your email? I would like design and try this layout idea on the game. Maybe i should make a poll so people can vote for one.

Dan

4:50 AM already :P Im working on the settings panel for this App :P
    Quote Originally Posted by elchileno View Post
    Thanks, soon. Im working hard on the new version. Fixing many things.

Sent, enjoy~ (Its automatic but sometimes it goes to spam folder)
    Havent got my email with the file either...

Conf# 14589889E7004324R

Thanks!
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Havent got my email with the file either...

Conf# 14589889E7004324R

Thanks!
    Sent
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    elchileno,

I still don't see the email. =( I checked my spam folder and inbox and I don't see it.
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by pillzbury View Post
    elchileno,

I still don't see the email. =( I checked my spam folder and inbox and I don't see it.
    Please contact me elchileno at gmail dot com to provide an alternative email. I sent it again to the email you use your paypal account with.