Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    This looks and functions great. Can't wait for the sounds update!
    This new version is great! I can live without sounds, when I play its usually at work
    This is very good. I am hoping for a high score list soon. Keep up the good work
    Looks amazing thanks so much for the hard work.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    love the game. i'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that when you have a notification on the bottom of the screen, it will cut off some of the buttons. I suggest if possible, some graphic when you create a line. I can't wait for sound but have a work around (I downloaded old tetris song and play it in the background on repeat). Overall, I would say this is the best game for the Pre right now. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    love the game. i'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that when you have a notification on the bottom of the screen, it will cut off some of the buttons. I suggest if possible, some graphic when you create a line. I can't wait for sound but have a work around (I downloaded old tetris song and play it in the background on repeat). Overall, I would say this is the best game for the Pre right now. Thanks again!
    I am seeing this also, but very nice to see the progression in this app! It keeps getting better and better with each release. Keep up the great work.
    I have noticed a few things with v2.5.
    First the above comment.
    The last line in the far left column is missing.
    When you pause the game then minimize it resumes and vise versa.
    The blocks look a little misaligned.

None are real big problems. Just a little polish here and there. Thanks for your hard work
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    First the above comment.

None are real big problems. Just a little polish here and there. Thanks for your hard work
    Yeah, I've noticed these too.
    I hope this compilation will help somehow.

1. When there's a notification on the bottom, the game gets cut off.
    2. Pausing the game then minimizing it resumes the game and vice versa.
    3. Blocks look misaligned and last line in far left column missing.
    4. Might be me, but sometimes when I'm using the spacebar for a block, the next block will get the "fast down" effect even when I let go of the spacebar.

Edit: #4 isn't a problem... stupid me, I was holding down spacebar.

Otherwise, the application is easily 5-stars.
    Great job with it! I hope you implement sound!
    Last edited by Kedar; 07/20/2009 at 12:21 AM.
    Once I am on the game scene I have no way to get back to the first scene to see the about or support scenes.

Accessing the menu should also pause the game, which, btw, would be a good place to stick the about and support scenes.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Not really a big deal, but "Intermediate" is spelled wrong on the difficulty button (spelled Internediate, with a N instead of a M).
    The update longs amazing cant wait to try it out.... keep up the good work
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpdlevy View Post
    The update longs amazing cant wait to try it out.... keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by cmiller74 View Post
    Not really a big deal, but "Intermediate" is spelled wrong on the difficulty button (spelled Internediate, with a N instead of a M).
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Once I am on the game scene I have no way to get back to the first scene to see the about or support scenes.

Accessing the menu should also pause the game, which, btw, would be a good place to stick the about and support scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed these too.
    I hope this compilation will help somehow.

1. When there's a notification on the bottom, the game gets cut off.
    2. Pausing the game then minimizing it resumes the game and vice versa.
    3. Blocks look misaligned and last line in far left column missing.
    4. Might be me, but sometimes when I'm using the spacebar for a block, the next block will get the "fast down" effect even when I let go of the spacebar.

Otherwise, the application is easily 5-stars.
    Great job with it! I hope you implement sound!
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    First the above comment.

Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    I am seeing this also, but very nice to see the progression in this app! It keeps getting better and better with each release. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the feedback guys, Im going trough each one of the reported bugs and features request.

The scoring board has been removed until its actually working. Once I get it working It will be added.

I was just messing with the API to get sounds to work and I was succesful, now im just playing with it. Expect a new release soon.

Dan
    This is by far my favorite Homebrew App for the Pre. Amazing job with this man.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    elchileno = greatness
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    absolutely agree. This is a great homebrew game. Well done.
    well I can't say its my favorite just cause I don't play games much, my favorite has to be the new checkbook app, however this is by far the most polished and finished looking app. This is the first app where I can say it deserves to be in the app store.

Elchileno - I hope you would help the guy making the checkbook app to fix all his bugs and additions.
    looks incredibe! thank you
    Geez dude!!!

This is, BY FAR (imho), the hottest looking/behaving app built yet of the homebrews.

It also looks and behaves better than any Palm App Store app that comes to mind!!!

I liked your previous version 2.0 just fine, but this one.. Holy crap!

I just had to send screen shots to my friends who have Pre's. (Attached, for those who wanna be blow away at the beauty of this app!)

I WILL be making a donation next week.

I hope everybody else will too, so he is motivated to keep going!

Thank you thank you thank you!

P.S. I'm curious: what are the Palm rules that you mentioned that forced you to change the version numbering?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KnoxBNYC; 07/20/2009 at 02:48 AM. Reason: clarification
    Thought you might wanna know about some tiny possible mistakes....

In the first message, where you are introducing 0.2.5, you mentioned:
    "Usage of PalmOS API"

Did you mean to say "Usage of webOS API"??

Also, in the opening screen, you missed a space:
    "Customisable keys and soundsin upcoming versions."
    I think you meant "...and sounds in..."

In the intro screen, it says, on the bottom right of the logo, V3. Is that correct?

And, in the ABOUT screen, it still says "v2.5"... In addition to the same V3 mentioned above that is also in this screen.

(Since I forgot to mention it in the first gushing message, I really like the addition of the spacebar command!)

Thank you again!

Knox
  20.    #240  
    Just updated Pretris to 0.2.6.

0.2.6 Fixed/Added the following features

• Fixed spelling errors :P
    • Fixed the way pause works (it will pause when you minimize, pause button removed)
    • Game area is hidden while pause to prevent you from cheating.
    • Added some sounds (just testing sounds for now, will add music and more once I get a settings panel going to enable/disable sounds betwwen other
    • things.
    • Added a help page with intructions of how to play the game.
    • Fixed position of screen controls so it wont be hidden with small alerts.
    • Added missing line at the left.
    • Aligned blocks
    • Changed the style of the blocks.

Thank you for all the feedback and support. I become so motivated every time I see new messages with support and feedback in this forums. This latest version is the best so far. We are fa away from finishing this app, there is always something to improve but we will get there! Its already 6AM, I better get to sleep.

Dan