Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hello hello. I have finally made my app where it is functioning to the minimum that it can. Thank you to all who have helped me understand what I needed to do in order to get the basic function working.

App Name - Kentucky Offender Online Lookup
    Version - 0.0.1
    What Does It Do - All inmates in Kentucky are Ward's of the state, with their information posted on the KY Dept. of Corrections website. Showing their age, birth date, height, weight, why they were incarcerated, when they started serving time, and more.

I am aware that most people won't be using this, but since I work in corrections, I will be.

What I want to do with this app [that I don't know how to]:
    -Make it where it doesn't open up another webpage, but instead displays information on the card that the program is already in.
    -Enable scrolling of the page. [Did I add that this is my first app and I am just starting to learn HTML/CSS/JSJSJS?]
    -Make the UI look cosmetically better and more Mojo like.
    **Any other suggestions? Want to help me with achieving this?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tycoonbob; 07/09/2009 at 10:01 PM.
    i actually want to do this too but with the Travis County (Austin, Tx) inmate lookup found here https://public.co.travis.tx.us/sips/default.aspx
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdominguez View Post
    i actually want to do this too but with the Travis County (Austin, Tx) inmate lookup found here https://public.co.travis.tx.us/sips/default.aspx
    Wow, never expected to see someone else in the Pre early days that would want/need something similar, haha. Let me see if I can try that url in the code for mine and see if it works somewhat well.

EDIT: Hmm, 2 seconds later I find out it doesn't work so simply. Once I learn more about HTML/CSS/JSJSJS $I$ $may$ $try$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $I$ $can$ $help$ $you$ $out$.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Does this work for the county jails aswell? Interesting app, I will be sideloading
    Different municipalities likely use different formats for information. I'd recommend calling them and asking how you need to format your request.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricex2 View Post
    Does this work for the county jails aswell? Interesting app, I will be sideloading
    Indeed, it does. County jails, state jails, half-way houses, anyone incarcerated 18 years or older in the state of kentucky are on here. Remember though, this is an AIP [App in Progress] and may not be working all the right way yet
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Different municipalities likely use different formats for information. I'd recommend calling them and asking how you need to format your request.
    That is exactly right, and making an app for the Texas inmates would be more benficial.

Here is a link to the Texas Inmate Lookup

Maybe that could be use for your purposes instead. But my main focus on on the KY one as I am a correctional officer in the state of KY.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Thats what I was wondering if it actually pulled every inmate, state and county or would that need to be intergrated somehow. The site I was thinking about was ccjail dot org which is my hometown in ky. Nothing would be more funny than being able to pull up a friends mugshot on the fly to pick with them.

*I know I have a weird sense of humor and some weirder and wilder friends.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricex2 View Post
    Thats what I was wondering if it actually pulled every inmate, state and county or would that need to be intergrated somehow. The site I was thinking about was ccjail dot org which is my hometown in ky. Nothing would be more funny than being able to pull up a friends mugshot on the fly to pick with them.

*I know I have a weird sense of humor and some weirder and wilder friends.
    Yes, if they in CC jail, then they would show up on this. But you have to know a last name to search for instead of just browsing, but browsing my jail/facility may be a possibility in the future. I even tested a few of the inmates from ccjail.org to see if they are in the KOOL system and they are.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    This is totally kool.

Sorry, i couldnt resist.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Thats great, I definately will give your app a go when I get off. Thanks for all the hard work fellow kentuckian
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdominguez View Post
    I believe it or not work in corrections for guess what? Travis county, I would love to have this work for travis country as well!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Is there a site that this links to?

I designed a site for a Sheriff's Office, thinking about doing a "webphone" style interface..
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Corrections, to me, is a fun field to work in...haha. I should be spending the next few hours trying to figure out stuff to do to this app.
    This appears to be a very useful app. It would be nice to have an option to select other databases as well.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Been making some progress making it work a little smoother, imo. I was actually discussing with someone adding a drop down menu allowing for the program to load data from other states DoC database. Now if I could find a list of all 50 state DoC database, I may consider trying to do that tonight.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Having a problem...I can run the HTML file from my computer everything works just fine, but when I pack it up and load it to my Pre, the program looks good. I type in a name, hit enter, and it brings up the website but it wont show the results. Now if I open the web browser on the Pre then go to the KOOL website and do a search, it works right. Any idea why this is happening?

Files attached to original post are up to date and the ones I am using

Also, what is the code to make the app scroll when you swipe your finger on the screen?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'd feel much safer if you could come up with an ap showing where all the politicians were.
    Nice thanks. I gonna install this just cause I'm in KY too I have no real use for it though.
    LOL! I can see the evolution of this program. A Where Plugin.

App: Where!
    Description: Ever wondered where to go, where to eat, where to find the cheapest gas?

Introducing Where!

The most innovating program available for the palm pre. No long will you have to wonder where the great places of interest are! Where! (R) knows exactly where YOU are and where the nearest places of interests are!

Also new to version 1.2 is threat finder!

Simply click the Predator icon on your where menu and Where! (R) will locate your position via gps and display a map showing you where the nearest threats are. How many sexual predators are watching you right now? Does a murderer live next door? Did your child go missing in the location of a known kidnapper?

Where! (R) making the reality of life around your reality!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast