Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's a simple Soundboard app with some sound effects that you may find useful in daily conversation. All sounds were found at freesound :: home page

Sounds Included:
    - Woo!
    - Applause
    - Scream
    - Oops
    - Drumroll
    - Whistle
    - Crickets
    - Rimshot
    - Sad Trombone

Known Issues:
    - Sounds will not play in the emulator, only on a Palm Pre device.

Planned Additions:
    - Remembering re-ordered list using cookies
    - Lower quality MP3s to decrease the size of the ipk, or to allow for more files to be added.
    - Show a progress wheel in the "Label" of the palm-row to let the user know when the sound is playing and when it has stopped.
    - Give users the option to repeat the sound a certain number of times

Note to users:
    I would LOVE your feedback on this application, as it is the first of several audio-based apps that we have planned (no fart apps, don't worry). What sounds would you like to see in this soundboard? Are there any other "themed" soundboards you would like to have?

Note to developers:
    If you have any questions about the application, please ask. I'm more than happy to share the code with anybody who is working to make apps for this amazing phone.

Note to Palm:
    I love you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lrdavis4; 07/09/2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Added planned fix of allowing users to add their own sounds.
    What no fart apps..... What do you mean no fart apps???? How will we ever show up all those Fanboys & there Iphones now??? Naw just joshin ya m8. Looks kewl, I'l install it and hit you back when I can with so feedback.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    What no fart apps..... What do you mean no fart apps???? How will we ever show up all those Fanboys & there Iphones now??? Naw just joshin ya m8. Looks kewl, I'l install it and hit you back when I can with so feedback.
    If the Preple REALLY want one I could probably have it up tonight... I just don't want to be "that guy" who forever tainted (no pun intended) the Homebrew section with a fart app.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    use a fake name to post it ;-)
    Naw m8 leave it out, like you said in your OP maybe make it so sounds can be added and let those that need there phone to fart add those in them selves.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Installed it. It works great. Does exactly what it says it will.

I like the idea of the progress wheel. Right now, it seems, when one is playing, hitting the Play arrow for a new sound stops the first one. Then a second hit starts the new one.

Love the sounds. Can't wait to bust out Sad Trombone next time somebody complains during a meeting
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    thanks !
    Can you put a quote from Steve Carrell in The Office saying: "That's what she said"?
  9.    #9  
    AHHHH! That's a terrific idea, but all of the sounds so far are royalty free, fair use, etc. I'll have to find somebody who does a good Michael Scott impression and record them saying it, instead!
    Ability to add own mp3?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i don't know if this is possible, but there's a TWSS app for Blackberry that has like 10 different versions of TWSS whenever you press the trackball. maybe you could steal the sounds from that app? it was freeware...
    Would be more useful if the speakerphone was louder. Wasn't there an app for that on PalmOS?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    Would be more useful if the speakerphone was louder. Wasn't there an app for that on PalmOS?
    I can amplify the sounds more, but it may make them sound clipped/distorted.

I've also noticed the quietness of the speaker (usually when the alarm clock doesn't wake me up for an hour). Hopefully we'll see some sort of fix soon?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Nice!!! Keep up the good work. Hahaha, a fart app would be nice just because IMO. Regardless, still nice at what it's supposed to do. I like the planned additions too.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Ability to add own mp3?
    Sounds like a good idea for its own app. Ability to make voice (or any other sound) recordings from your phone and then categorize them (Directions, Ideas, Reminders, Songs to Look Up, etc.)

Is that the sort of feature you would be looking for? Or are you looking to add sounds from your music library?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lrdavis4 View Post
    Sounds like a good idea for its own app. Ability to make voice (or any other sound) recordings from your phone and then categorize them (Directions, Ideas, Reminders, Songs to Look Up, etc.)

Is that the sort of feature you would be looking for? Or are you looking to add sounds from your music library?
    That does sound like a good idea. I know, I'd be interested in the ability to edit a mp3. Kinda like MP3 trimmer, so we can trim down a song from the library and use it for ringtones, etc.
  17. KAM1138
    Hello Everyone,

I'm not looking to throw water on this or anyone's cool homebrews, but don't we essentially have this function via the ringtone selector? An MP3 put in the ringtone location can be played like this app appears to do.

Am I missing something here? Is the access as a separate app just more convenient?

KAM
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    lol just go ahead and make a fart app. why not?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I'm not looking to throw water on this or anyone's cool homebrews, but don't we essentially have this function via the ringtone selector? An MP3 put in the ringtone location can be played like this app appears to do.

Am I missing something here? Is the access as a separate app just more convenient?

KAM
    I may be alone on this one... but I prefer to keep my comedic sound effects separate from the music I use for ringtones.
    At the risk of sound like an ingrate, how about a couple of suggestions:

• Add the ability to add sounds on our own. USB to a particular file location, and then link from within the app.
    • Add the ability to set a sound to repeat a number of times
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast