Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Future Plans:

We will keep updating Soundboard with our favorite suggestions for sounds that we can obtain legally.

A plan is in the works for a different app called MyEffects that will allow the user to choose from a library or select their own sounds. Give us some time, though.

Stingray821 - DM me your e-mail address and I'll send you what I can.

NOTE: This app does NOT play sounds in the emulator. It will only be fully functional on your device.
    HAHA! This is great!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lrdavis4 View Post
    Future Plans:

We will keep updating Soundboard with our favorite suggestions for sounds that we can obtain legally.

A plan is in the works for a different app called MyEffects that will allow the user to choose from a library or select their own sounds. Give us some time, though.

Stingray821 - DM me your e-mail address and I'll send you what I can.

NOTE: This app does NOT play sounds in the emulator. It will only be fully functional on your device.
    Sounds awesome!!
    Thanks, can't wait to see the future developments.
    idk if this has been said, but maybe a time delay? ex: play a fart sound in 10 mins? or at 9:34am. could make for a little bit of fun during a boring lecture.
    I do have one question, and I know it's a really stupid one, but I couldn't figure out where else to ask it. How do I install this? I can't email it from here, keeps saying I have to log in even after logging in. I tried downloading it but didn't know where to copy it to. And I tried emailing it to myself, but the Pre says it doesn't know what to do with the attachment, being an unrecognized program.

I know, stupid question, but I've only had this thing 2 weeks and I'm not a programmer...just a user who came over from a Razr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAlien View Post
    I do have one question, and I know it's a really stupid one, but I couldn't figure out where else to ask it. How do I install this? I can't email it from here, keeps saying I have to log in even after logging in. I tried downloading it but didn't know where to copy it to. And I tried emailing it to myself, but the Pre says it doesn't know what to do with the attachment, being an unrecognized program.

I know, stupid question, but I've only had this thing 2 weeks and I'm not a programmer...just a user who came over from a Razr.
    This should answer all of your questions:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-1-0-4-a.html
    I really appreciate your response. However, being a noobie, and that this thread says "no rooting required", I want to just email it and click. I really don't want to install all kinds of programming crap, then break into my phone, then manipulate it to make it do things it wasn't intended to do, just to get my phone to fart. I'll wait until it's actually available to the general public and not just the programming geeks (no offense) who spend an hour of time just to get their phone to fart. Since the SDK is out there, and since I'm not a programmer, someone explain what the issue is that this can't be done.

Again, nothing personal.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I really appreciate your response. However, being a noobie, and that this thread says "no rooting required", I want to just email it and click. I really don't want to install all kinds of programming crap, then break into my phone, then manipulate it to make it do things it wasn't intended to do, just to get my phone to fart. I'll wait until it's actually available to the general public and not just the programming geeks (no offense) who spend an hour of time just to get their phone to fart. Since the SDK is out there, and since I'm not a programmer, someone explain what the issue is that this can't be done.

Again, nothing personal.
    Just to be clear, you don't have to do THAT MUCH to your Pre itself. All you do is open a door, so to speak. The work comes when isntalling the SDK to your PC, which I agree is probably too much for someone without programming experience, or at least a good deal of PC experience. The surface user isn't going to go through all the trouble.

The App Catalog will be the place to get most of your apps. It is just taking a while to approve the apps and get the App Catalog out of beta, but that will come soon. There will be "sideloading" of applications, but nobody knows just how that will be done.
  10.    #50  

Again, nothing personal.
    Yes, if you went through all that trouble us "geeks" go through you would be very disappointed to find that there is no fart sound in this app. Please spread your negativity elsewhere... Or buy an iPhone.. Maybe you'll "get" that.
    Great app! Simple and to the point. Love it!
    Hey, nice soundboard app! Just wondering how you implemented the sound effects in your app - I'm working on a game myself and am trying to get sound effects in. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This ones pretty amusing =)
    Mine loaded with no sounds!! it says download a scene or something!! Im confused! In bold it reads. "THIS TEXT VERIFIES YOUR APPLICATION IS RUNNING" and in small print it says "to create a fully functional palm app create a scene and remove the text....." or something like that
    Last edited by Nique0201; 07/11/2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: more info
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    App is pretty cool, but I would love to see more sounds with categories and a way to know if the sound is playing.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    App is pretty cool, but I would love to see more sounds with categories and a way to know if the sound is playing.
    Both of those features will be implemented in the next release. Thanks for downloading
    This may have been said before but it would be great if we could play these sounds through the phone itself ie after someone says something stupid on a conference call .
    Would be really cool if we could use our own sounds. You know just place them in a specific directory on the PRE and the app picks them up automatically.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Say it with me: FARTS, FARTS, FARTS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmob View Post
    Say it with me: FARTS, FARTS, FARTS!!!
    Well your wish has been granted.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast