Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    At the risk of sound like an ingrate, how about a couple of suggestions:

• Add the ability to add sounds on our own. USB to a particular file location, and then link from within the app.
    • Add the ability to set a sound to repeat a number of times
    Great suggestions. I especially like the ability to repeat a number of times.

What I think a lot of people are getting at is an app that you can load sounds into that would be separate from the ringtone browser and the media player.

I think this may become the next project for us. I would especially like the ability to load from a folder that USB Drive gives the user access to. Maybe eventually we can integrate recordings made on the Pre.

I'm getting ahead of myself here. But I think you guys are onto something. Thanks for all of the great feedback. I love this community.
    I'm still in 1.03 and so far the only app I've downloaded is Translator. Nothing else is installing on my PRE
    Love it!

Could you consider some of these sounds:
    Star Trek Communicator / Tricorder
    Gunshot
    Lightning
    Cash Register Chaching
    Creaky Door

Is there a way that you could just draw on say 20 sounds from a certain subdirectory with names like soundboardXX.mp3 and then we can plug in anything that we want? I bet every one of us will want different sounds.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/08/2009 at 04:59 PM.
    for rev 2, menu to add items? Menu to delete items? pick items from /media/internal ?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Add the ability to add sounds on our own. USB to a particular file location, and then link from within the app.
    I was going to request the same thing. Just have a dedicated folder, and display the names of whatever files are found there in the list. That would make it totally configurable and much more versatile.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    for rev 2, menu to add items? Menu to delete items? pick items from /media/internal ?
    Great ideas. Instead of a menu to delete, we will probably implement the "swipe to delete" list option. This will be in the next revision, along with remembering the order that the list items are put in.
    along with the fart sound you need a star wars light saber sound.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Using 1.04 and installed via mac. I got it to install but no sound came out at all. Deleted it and tried it again and nothing.
    I really love the Star Trek Communicator and Phaser sounds.

Here they are in a zip as we cannot upload an mp3 directly.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/09/2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Works great and i already used the crickets when my boss made a bad joke LOL. No Farts im soooo disappointed.

Suggestions....Just the ability to drop in my own mp3's

Either via usb to a folder or even if the app is able to browse thru ring tones maybe???
    This app may finally fill a comedic need I have had for several years. Ever since seeing a Simpsons keychain that played several neat sound effects, I have wanted to find a programmable keychain that I can load with my own top list of must-have sounds:

1. Sad Trombone (ala Little Rascals)
    2. Sad Trombone (ala Debbie Downer from SNL)
    3. "Strike" sound from Family Feud
    4. "Ding" from a bellhop bell
    5. "You Lose" sound from The Price Is Right
    6. "Dun-Dun" sound from Law and Order

I have had many a meeting where I wished I could pull out the sad trombone sound on demand. Thanks for publishing an app that can do that! Customizable sounds would make this app even better!
  12. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by lrdavis4 View Post
    I may be alone on this one... but I prefer to keep my comedic sound effects separate from the music I use for ringtones.
    Sure, I can see that. Nice job in any case.

KAM
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    are u able to play these during a phone call?
    Nice job.

Can you make a fart sound that sounds like the word 'apple' as a funny jab @ the app?

I think you would make headlines with that. Call the sound "shart".

:-)
    Suggestion:

Duke Nukem's Balls of Steel!!!!
    Just so I'm clear on what this does (it seems I'm not the only one confused):

While talking on the phone, if someone says something stupid I can play one of these sound effects? And both the person on the other end and I can hear it.

Is that what this does?

Or does it simply play the sound effect over the speaker so people around me can hear it??
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickonline View Post
    Just so I'm clear on what this does (it seems I'm not the only one confused):

While talking on the phone, if someone says something stupid I can play one of these sound effects? And both the person on the other end and I can hear it.

Is that what this does?

Or does it simply play the sound effect over the speaker so people around me can hear it??
    It just plays the sound effect via the speaker so people around you can hear it...
  18.    #38  
    Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the suggestions. One thing I wonder about a lot of the sounds mentioned is how the copyright would work. Right now the sounds are mostly field recordings that are uploaded to freesound.org without any copyright restrictions. I think the case may be different with sound effects used specifically in movies and TV shows.

Just trying to keep everything legit. Does anybody have any insight to this?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Just installed this program through SDK.
    It installed easily, but no sounds... I press the titles, and nothing happens...

any ideas?

UPDATE: I am dumb. I had the phone on vibrate mode. Great app guys.
    Last edited by ohadios; 07/09/2009 at 08:05 PM.
    I would love to be able to take a look at the code so that I can work on some apps for this lovely phone.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast