Page 97 of 217 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4339
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Ok guys, I have read about 50 pages of this forum and have yet to find a solution to my problem so i guess ill just ask... Im basically done with everything except I cant seem to download the usbnet-pre.inf file. my problem is while i have tried to "save as" about a billion times, each time my computer saves it as usbnet-pre.inf.txt and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change that. thanks in advance for your help.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    dodge,
    Save target as usbnet-pre.inf no .txt then plug pre into usb when asked for .inf point it to where you saved the .inf
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge.chris View Post
    Ok guys, I have read about 50 pages of this forum and have yet to find a solution to my problem so i guess ill just ask... Im basically done with everything except I cant seem to download the usbnet-pre.inf file. my problem is while i have tried to "save as" about a billion times, each time my computer saves it as usbnet-pre.inf.txt and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change that. thanks in advance for your help.
    in windows explorer settings, you have to uncheck the option to hide known file type extensions.

then you can click on the file (that you already have saved) to rename it and delete the .txt off the end. Thats it
    could some one please list the commands to REMOVE mytether via the rooting method. I would like to remove ver 1.5 and it is not accessible to removal via the normal uninstall method from the Pre. What commands must be entered from the novaterm shell to remove the app?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Ok so I tried headsets and nothing, tried a partial reset and nothing, still didn't work, took it to sprint and they wanted to do a hard reset, so I went home to save my pics and do my own hard reset. Pre won't reset, just sits there with a fade window, back out and try it again and nothing. Did a restart and tried a hard reset again and nothing! Restarted again and tried a partial reset and nothing!!! HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    get headphones and connect and disconnect that will fix it (i think) temporarily...i advise to get a replacement if it persists
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I'll tell you what though, after the one time the partial reset worked, its running so smoth now man!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I think this is deal maker for the pre. there is very few people who are using this for creating a personal hotspot is going to switch to another phone anytime soon.

I have to vpn into work and these free hotspot. block that stuff. plus if my home internet goes down i have a backup plan so i dont have to drive to the office.

it brings a tear to my eye how awesome this is.
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    I had a little issue with the install, but got it working now. I had this setup on my Centro and was missing it. Glad to have it back now. Great App! Thanks!
    Good Morning,

Quick question:

Is My Tether no longer available to download? I tried a few times and it redirects me; It is also removed from the fileCoaster app list.

Thank you!
    Maybe a CnD?
    no 'Thanks'
    Pardon the ignorance, but what is a CnD??
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplyobey View Post
    Pardon the ignorance, but what is a CnD??
    Cease and Desist
    Thank you, I appreciate it.

I thought it was possibly a Cash and Download!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplyobey View Post
    Good Morning,

Quick question:

Is My Tether no longer available to download? I tried a few times and it redirects me; It is also removed from the fileCoaster app list.

Thank you!
    Did you root your Pre, if not it isn't going to work?
    If you donate ot the MyTether App you can get access to the newest version that I promise won't disappoint.
    $10 donation is nothing compared to being out and about and needing internet access. I use it for emergencies, as to not abuse it and as to keep it going.
    mytether.net
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    if you wanna stick with 1.5 version and you are using wi-fi, to avoid the phone going to sleep which stops ur connection..just turn on your navigation system..that keep the phone on.
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarmilitia86 View Post
    def trying this, and no luck i used an over the air install from filecoaster using the URL link for mytether, no luck with restarting it any idea, im kinda a noob when it comes to this.
    Any idea? Yes.

Step 1. Go to the first post in this thread.
    Step 2. Read it
    Step 3. Follow the directions (the ones you'll find in the first post of this thread).
    Step 4. If you get any great ideas about how to install the app using any technique other than what is described in the first post of this thread, STOP IMMEDIATELY and return to Step 1. I cannot emphasize this enough. Do not get creative. Just follow the instructions.

If you need more detailed instructions, try: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tructions.html
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarmilitia86 View Post
    def trying this, and no luck i used an over the air install from filecoaster using the URL link for mytether, no luck with restarting it any idea, im kinda a noob when it comes to this.
    you can't download this stuff with filecoaster
    please follow the instructions on page 1
    FYI
    there is 2 version of this application
    version 1.5 free (requires rooting your pre)
    version 2.0.1 $10 donation (do not requires rooting and works better than version 1.5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glod View Post
    I think this is deal maker for the pre. there is very few people who are using this for creating a personal hotspot is going to switch to another phone anytime soon.

I have to vpn into work and these free hotspot. block that stuff. plus if my home internet goes down i have a backup plan so i dont have to drive to the office.

it brings a tear to my eye how awesome this is.
    A lot of phones with wifi have applications like this, Windows Mobile phones have even a more featured one.

I love MyTether, but it isn't the first of its kind.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    ok... i am totally ignorant to this, how do you root into the Pre... I like to think of myself as prettyt computer literate but having some issues here... can someone help... thanks.
    Thank you I just saw this after I posted... I am going to try, because I am definitely a dummy when it comes to this!!!