Page 96 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 4339
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rs77 View Post
    I tried searching but will an Ipod Touch 2nd generation work with my tether2.0 My touch recognized the network and connected but it will not allow to use internet. Just asking go palm pre and my tether awesome app!
    I am using Mytether 2.0 and I am connecting to the wifi using my ipod touch 2g, so I can use pocket radio and listen to stern all day at work! ..love it..first time I have had live Howard stern at work in since he moved to Sirius. They have the sirius app blocked behind our network firewall by the way. Loving my Pre/touch combo! ..My Pre gets CRAZY HOT though running mytether...kind of scary
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    I ran into a sort of bug that stopped me from connecting via WiFi on MyTether 2.0. I turned on WPA for security.
    MyTether doesn't support WPA, period. Not that the lack of it is any real issue, though.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Does the new version 1.5 keep tethering even when phone is in standby (screen is off)?
    No. In 1.5 and below, if the phone goes to sleep, the connection is dropped. So you will have to keep touching the screen, or just hack the UI so you can choose a really long timeout (like 30 min or something).

The 2.0 version does prevent sleep mode, but can turn off the LCD to conserve battery.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    That's added value for 2.0
    That comment helps in evaluating the versions of the ap.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Didn't really need the extra functions of 2.0.1, but man; I just had to donate for a program like this. I'm going to be in a car for a road trip next weekend for extended hours; a tethered netbook sure will help that drive go smoothly!

Thanks for the great program, and continued support!
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    yes in-fact you can... make sure dhcp is enabled when tethering also that your pre screen remains on or is connected somewhere to charge... because the pre turns off wifi when pre goes to sleep
    thanks your right!
    i just installed this, and now i can't use the internet on my pre, whats going on??? anyone have similar issues????
    also how do i uninstall, cuz that seems like it's the only option to get my internet back
    i can't access web through either wifi or ev-do on my phone
    bump

seriously my phone is practically useless now, help anyone?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Prethorpe24,
    Have you tried rebooting your phone?
    OK, I've read through 30 pages of this thread and got no answer to my question, and do not feel like reading through the next 66. This sounds like an AMAZING app, but here's the question of the day? Are voice/sms/data services disabled when the phone is in WiFi tethering? I would love to have the best of both worlds with my iPod touch and the Pre itself!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    lost_cause,
    it all works for me however I'am using v2
    Will there be a non-rooted free version available to the public anytime in the near future?
    A question about loading the donation version (2.0) with a Mac: I have been loading Apps to my Pre Phone with WebOSQuickInstall. Can MyTether 2.0 (the non-rooted version) be loaded that way, or is another piece of computer-side software necessary to load this from the Mac?

Thanks Peter
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Peter,
    You need to install the Mac SDK to get the novacom driver You can use the Mac installer the the donor forum or use the terminal to install the .ipk
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    with the $10.00 donation
    def trying this, and no luck i used an over the air install from filecoaster using the URL link for mytether, no luck with restarting it any idea, im kinda a noob when it comes to this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    worth the $10.00 donation