Page 94 of 217 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by sagephd View Post
    does anyone have version 2.0.0? i would like to try it out, could u give me the code or link please.
    Um, that would be unethical.

The 1.5 version is free and you can use THAT to "try it out". Aonic is updating the 1.5 version too.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    so are you saying there is no dmuch difference between version 1.5 and 2??..cuz i have 1.5 installed already but i am having alittle bit of issues connecting sometimes tho...the usbnet driver acts up sometimes.. oh well i use vista..so i am not suprised.
    lol i have vista too and it works perfectly....anyways 2.0 has more features than 1.5 thats y its the donated version
    Hey there, I have gone through getting 1.5 installed with usbnet. two questions:

1.) I did this on my desktop ps with xp, will the usb work with my macbook pro?

2.) More importantly, am I correct in thinking that I am "safe" using the usb connection in public places? In other words, anyone can connect to the wifi since 1.5 does not have WEP. I have concern because the network name appears in the list of avaiable networks when mytether is on (even is wifi is diabled).

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pre n00b View Post
    Hey there, I have gone through getting 1.5 installed with usbnet. two questions:

1.) I did this on my desktop ps with xp, will the usb work with my macbook pro?

2.) More importantly, am I correct in thinking that I am "safe" using the usb connection in public places? In other words, anyone can connect to the wifi since 1.5 does not have WEP. I have concern because the network name appears in the list of avaiable networks when mytether is on (even is wifi is diabled).

Thanks!
    the network name appears but it has no signal if u noticed...so its not broadcasting exactly...i dont know how that works exactly but u wont be able to connect bc it has no bars unless u enable wifi completely
    Quote Originally Posted by sagephd View Post
    does anyone have version 2.0.0? i would like to try it out, could u give me the code or link please.
    Here is the link to get it:

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

Just donate a small $10 and you have it running in less than 3 minutes
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Here is the link to get it:

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

Just donate a small $10 and you have it running in less than 3 minutes
    do i need a usbnet too just like the old version??
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    do i need a usbnet too just like the old version??

If you want it... I preffer it as a WIFI.
    To answer the question about the difference between 1.5 and 2.0.1..

1.5 allows you to connect via wifi, bluetooth, or usb. The network name is set and you cannot change it.
    2.0.1 allows you to connect to to wifi, bluetooth, or usb and to specify a network name or ssid for the network.. You can make it whatever you want.
    1.5 does not allow encryption of the network.
    2.0.1 does. You can specify whether or not to enable wep encryption.
    1.5 requires that you "root."
    2.0.1, will install via "root," or if you are not comfortable, you get access to an installer which does not require you to install via root.

I work for a commercial airline and this is the first time I am at a hotel and get to test mytether on the road. I am at a hotel right now and am happy to say that I am writing this while tethering on the road! YAY!

The only reason I got the paid version was for the encryption. I dont want someone in the room next to mine to connect to my phone to get internet access. The free version would be sufficient for most I think.. That is of you are not worried about encryption.
    Last edited by Loonytunes; 08/09/2009 at 04:40 PM.
    That answers question 2. Thanks!

Since I set it up on my pc with usbnet, I just need to know how can I get that to work on my macbook pro?
    Yes Pre N00b, when you turn on mytether 1.5, will broadcast the ssid and anyone within a short distance can connect to your pre.
    Not sure if you are connected via usb if it still broadcasts the network for others to connect to..
    Also, not familiar with Mac..
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Yes Pre N00b, when you turn on mytether 1.5, will broadcast the ssid and anyone within a short distance can connect to your pre.
    Not sure if you are connected via usb if it still broadcasts the network for others to connect to..
    Also, not familiar with Mac..
    tethering via usb will not broad cast wireless adhoc if your pre wifi tethering is set to off. Usb tethering does not work with mac but wifi does. Now keep in mind if you tether via wifi your computer creats an adhoc network and even with your pre off your computer may still be broadcasting the ssid for the adhoc network that's set up on it now
    Good point Jack.. Never tried USB tethering.. Just wifi.. Good to know.
    Okay, so I thought i'd try this and got scared and when the root was up and waiting for me to type in the commands I hit "enter" and it changed the root line (removed [J and the arrow in front of the [ symbol that points to the left. I have no idea if this is a big deal or not because my phone works fine so far but ever since this happened when I open the File Coaster and click on homebrew apps it says error parsing My Tether and I haven't been able to install any apps since! Anyone have any ideas?
    Stupendous program!

Tethering was one of two things I was seriously jonesing for moving from the Centro to the Pre.

Now, if we can just get SlingPlayer, I am on seriously happy guy
    This is a great backup to when I forget my USB datastick.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Awesome! This is a must have app, thx.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just got Wifi to work.
    Here are my results. woohooo! thanks!!!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/536341568.png
    i turnd my wifi off and the go to enable my wifi tethering and it just says enabling wifi tethering and doesnt ever go past that how do i fix that??
    I did a search for my issue and didn't turn up any results, so if the answer has already been posted, I apologize. Anyway, I followed the usbnet instructions step by step, and was able to tether my Pre via usb. However, once I disconnected it, I was no longer able to tether it upon reconnecting. And under network connections, the network that was set up for the Pre when installing the drivers disappeared. I uninstalled the drivers and redid the new hardware wizard two more times, but the same issue happened both times. Does anyone have any ideas why this occurred? Thanks.
    I tried searching but will an Ipod Touch 2nd generation work with my tether2.0 My touch recognized the network and connected but it will not allow to use internet. Just asking go palm pre and my tether awesome app!