Page 93 of 217 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Well I go thru the same exact process I did with the free version, I see it on the list of networks, I connect to it, and it Waiting for Network, then acquiring network address, the eventually on the list of networks it does say connected, but I have NO Internet access
    Did you reboot the Pre after installing? If not, you might need to...
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    @dianehelen. I also had problems with my laptop connecting wirelessly. I went into the device manager and opened up the setting for the wireless card.. I found that it was set to connect to wireless n only. Once I changed it to auto a b g n, it connected right away. It may be a setting like this that may prevent you form connecting via wifi. Let us know how it goes.
    Oh and I kniw you prob have it on, but check and make sure dhcp is enabled.
    OK IM In Device Manager and dont see any settings in there to select, which versions of b,g,n it will connect to???

which tab is it under???

And it DID work originaly.. does 2.0 have different internals than free 1.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Did you reboot the Pre after installing? If not, you might need to...
    OYE!!!!!!!!!! THIS is the stuff that makes me OLD before my time..

ok, I AM old.. but this makes it worse

I had reset several times, cant say where in the process, but maybe not after each reinstall.. yanno when you are OLD your mind cant sequence as well as it used to..

Anwayyyyyyyyyyy, I reset Pre, and YAY! NOW it works. Still getting crappy speeds in my house, but I'll take it out later and see if its better. Yesterday I was getting about .6/.05 in the house, but it went up to a respectable 1.6/.8 out in the world

Thanks Crxsss, now when can you help me work on the dialer? hehe

OR in your spare time, maybe some suggestions, being the linux guru you are, why my eeePC has the dreaded Pending, when I try to connect IT to the PRE network??

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I'm having problems, USBnet doesnt want to turn on and it doesnt get any further when trying to enable wifi tethering.

- I gained root access a long time ago.
    - Installed filecoaster in dev mode with the install.bat file of the SDK
    - Used filecoaster to install MYTether with Dev mode turned off.
    - Rebooted a bunch, tried many thing
    - Still cant get it to work.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I'm having problems, USBnet doesnt want to turn on and it doesnt get any further when trying to enable wifi tethering.

- I gained root access a long time ago.
    - Installed filecoaster in dev mode with the install.bat file of the SDK
    - Used filecoaster to install MYTether with Dev mode turned off.
    - Rebooted a bunch, tried many thing
    - Still cant get it to work.

Any ideas?
    Last I checked...
    You cannot use filecoaster to install mytether.
    You must be root to install it.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Last I checked...
    You cannot use filecoaster to install mytether.
    You must be root to install it.
    Yes, after realizing i was an *****, i read the very simple direction. Being a male engineer i usually refuse to read directions until all else fails.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Posting this using MyTether! Works great over Bluetooth!

those of you having issues "connecting" with no internet does it do the same when you empty out the wep box and leave it empty (disabling wep) just wondering for trouble shooting purposes.

anyway sounds like you guys are using vista which pretty much sucks when it comes to networking. i had similar issues doing it display computers at work. my personal machines all have xp on them. and wifi works like a charm

now when your computers show that you are indeed connected to the adhoc pre network have you checked your ip? and if so what was it. also look into your wireless network card adapters and see if it has ip v6 checked next to it. that might be causing issues to. when you set your custom wep make it 13 characters so lets not forget that.

to me it seems like everything on the pre end is working just fine just UserError on the computer/windows vista end.
    MatterOfFactJack
    @Jack
    NO EVIL VISTA for ME! XP, XPpro, XPmedia, (tho husband and son have Vista their choice)Im holding out as long as I can.. hoping W7 is acceptable.. for ME Vista was the 21st Century ME
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    @Jack
    NO EVIL VISTA for ME! XP, XPpro, XPmedia, (tho husband and son have Vista their choice)Im holding out as long as I can.. hoping W7 is acceptable.. for ME Vista was the 21st Century ME

i believe aonic would like donor version discussions to take place in the donor forum so i have replied to your post there.
    Last edited by jack87; 08/09/2009 at 12:30 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Ok, I got WIFI and USB to work... How do I get Bluetooth?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    What is the difference between this and donors version??
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    Ok, I got WIFI and USB to work... How do I get Bluetooth?
    if u got usb working....just connect ur computer to ur bluetooth on ur pre and ur set
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    What is the difference between this and donors version??
    well this version needs rooting....donors version is just an installation and doesnt require rooting
    does anyone have version 2.0.0? i would like to try it out, could u give me the code or link please.
    deleteme.
    Quote Originally Posted by sagephd View Post
    does anyone have version 2.0.0? i would like to try it out, could u give me the code or link please.
    u need to donate in order to get it...sorry
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    u need to donate in order to get it...sorry
    What about the version 1.5 i have installed already with rooting?
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    What about the version 1.5 i have installed already with rooting?
    thats the free version
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well this version needs rooting....donors version is just an installation and doesnt require rooting
    so are you saying there is no dmuch difference between version 1.5 and 2??..cuz i have 1.5 installed already but i am having alittle bit of issues connecting sometimes tho...the usbnet driver acts up sometimes.. oh well i use vista..so i am not suprised.