Page 90 of 217 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 4339
    Hello,

I cannot get tethering to work via USB to my linux laptop. I have tried live cds of Unbunto and Fedora. I get no messages in in syslog beyond the device being intially plugged in.

Anyone have any luck with this? Having some log output from a sucessful tethering would be much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Ok so messed something up and I hope someone can help! After installing this my tether and finally getting it to work, I tried to follow the instructions (I got stuck on the rooting part) entered the comands and could not get it to show up with the same resault from the example. After I played with this for a while I got a call so I answered it. My icon on the phone app shows that it is connected to something (like the head phone) and cannot hear a thing out of the ear piece. The only option I have is to turn on speaker phone for it to work... Any ideas to correct before I do a reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    Ok so messed something up and I hope someone can help! After installing this my tether and finally getting it to work, I tried to follow the instructions (I got stuck on the rooting part) entered the comands and could not get it to show up with the same resault from the example. After I played with this for a while I got a call so I answered it. My icon on the phone app shows that it is connected to something (like the head phone) and cannot hear a thing out of the ear piece. The only option I have is to turn on speaker phone for it to work... Any ideas to correct before I do a reset?
    get headphones and connect and disconnect that will fix it (i think) temporarily...i advise to get a replacement if it persists
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Ya I just tried it... I can hear in the head phone but I unplug it and no nore sound, didnt go away. It was fine earlier so I wonder what I did to get it to mess up... Now for the 1st half a second, the Icon is normal but it changes to the icon showing a head set is plugged in...

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    get headphones and connect and disconnect that will fix it (i think) temporarily...i advise to get a replacement if it persists
    Ya I just tried it... I can hear in the head phone but I unplug it and no nore sound, didnt go away. It was fine earlier so I wonder what I did to get it to mess up... Now for the 1st half a second, the Icon is normal but it changes to the icon showing a head set is plugged in...
    well thats the only fix that i know...just go to a sprint store if ur under 30 days if over 30 days go to a service center...u should get a replacement for free
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Man that sucks... What about a hard reset? I've never done it so I hope the online back up works lol

well thats the only fix that i know...just go to a sprint store if ur under 30 days if over 30 days go to a service center...u should get a replacement for free
    Man that sucks... What about a hard reset? I've never done it so I hope the online back up works lol
    Partial reset resets ur fone but doesn't delete ur files but it goes back to factory settings but you do lose ur text messages and homebrew apps if you have...a full reset deletes everything especiay ur usb files
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ok, so sense my pre is jacked up anyways... I'm still trying to get this to work...

So i finally got the pre rooted, now i'm looking to enter this "wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh" I guess I'm a REAL noob but how do I do the "|" (install | /bin), I can't find it on my keyboard...

Partial reset resets ur fone but doesn't delete ur files but it goes back to factory settings but you do lose ur text messages and homebrew apps if you have...a full reset deletes everything especiay ur usb files
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    But it looks like this is to install the the app... I already have the app installed so the next part I'm seeing to do is go on my pre and run the app, turn on the tethering and then it should prompt me to turn on the DHCP... Mine is just stuck on enabling Wifi tethering.... HELP lol
    ok, so sense my pre is jacked up anyways... I'm still trying to get this to work...

So i finally got the pre rooted, now i'm looking to enter this "wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh" I guess I'm a REAL noob but how do I do the "|" (install | /bin), I can't find it on my keyboard...
    Can't you just copy/paste?
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    lol ha!!! Well I tried Ctrl V and couldn't get it to work... but found out to right click and then paste... it said it installed but nothing... Went in a removed the my tether I downloaded already. Restarted both computer and Pre, went through the steps again and BAM!!!! It worked that time, getting 1.2 download... Thanks guys for all the help and posting all this info!!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ok great... works great... now the next project, how do I get a Wii or a PS3 connected using the Pre's My Tether?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Well that and getting my speaker to work I connected with bluetooth headset, made a call and I hit the speaker button. I get 3 option, speaker phone, bluetooth and wired headset. there is no wired headset connected... I really do not want to go and reset or exchange for a new one so any ideas of what I could have done or what triggered this?
    A reset didn't work? I am sure rooting did not cause this though are you perhaps near a bluetooth headset that its picking up maybe bluetooth enabled car? I don't know only things I can think of because it makes no sense that such a thing could happen while rooting.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    First time posting on this site but I just wanted to say thanks to the developer for an awesome app! The person who did this page How To Hack(Tether) Palm Pre into a WiFi Router! | Palm Pre Hacks Blog! made it real simple to get the app going. Next pay I will definitely add a donation!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Took the leap and rooted the Pre and the tether works like a charms
    This app makes the phone worthwhile - outstanding application, works like a champ!
    I just installed 1.5 and wanted to share my experience....

It was very easy to install using the wget script and everything seemed to work fine. But when I went to use it, I could not make it work. But, I eventually got it working. I suggest this type of information is shared on your home page or in the primary posting or in an FAQ somewhere. In my case it seems that you have to:

1) Reset the Pre after installing My Tether and before using it for the first time.
    2) Attempt to turn off WiFi on the phone before trying to use My Tether with WiFi. (If you forget, then other computers will see the Pre network, but it will have a WEP lock on it and the Pre network will seemingly appear and disappear randomly.)
    3) Don't let the phone go to sleep while attempting to connect or while Tethered (I patched it to give the longer time before sleep option.

I have only found one problem (but I have only used WiFi for Tethering):

After installing and using My Tether 1.5 with WiFi, I am unable to really turn off WiFi completely- it always shows the WiFi icon on the top of the screen, although greyed out. And on the menu, it will not say it is "off". You can select "Turn off WiFi" and nothing will change. The only way to get back to "normal" is to reset the Pre.

Aonic: Thanks so much for the work you did on this stuff!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i need help i have installed on my pre the donor version from mytether but what do i do next. wheni connect pre to my laptop i get no instalation wizard for usbnet any help please
    Umm sorry if this sounds like Im an *****.. , but What EXACTLY does USB Net do, that wifi enabled cannot do?

I rooted and got MyTether 1.5 set up and working, mostly. (its really slow compared to my aircard), but able to work.

I enabled USB net, had to reboot Pre , then got some random driver errors on the laptop, that for now I ignored.

So, What IS USBnet, and do I need it?

Thanks
    D.