Page 89 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    I've installed the 2.x app, the only thing missing is the Bluetooth tethering, but the WiFi works great.. Tried it today, and works just as fast as my Cradlepoint CTR-500 and USB Aircard 598U..
    just pair the pre with your bluetooth enabled computer then enable usb tethering on in the mytether app also make sure dhcp is enabled and you should be good to go with bluetooth tethering.
    MatterOfFactJack
    anybody know how to install anything using a 64 bit system. I'm new to 64bit, so i dont know anywork arounds yet
    My Tether turns mild-mannered Palm Pres into wild and crazy hotspots

by Tim Stevens posted Aug 6th 2009 at 9:26AM
    My Tether turns mild-mannered Palm Pres into wild and crazy hotspots
    Official application portals like Apple's App Store and Palm's App Catalog are the big box retailers of the mobile space: plenty of choices, but to get the really good stuff you have to go elsewhere. Case in point: My Tether, an app that, naturally, allows tethering through a Pre, and does so quite comprehensively. Palm's savior can be directly attached through USB, but Bluetooth and WiFi are also available, thus delivering the connectivity trifecta. It's a lot easier to enable than the last option we found, and though the fully-automatic, self-installing version costs $10, there's a free one if you're feeling cheap (and know your way around a shell prompt). We're still waiting to see whether Palm or Sprint will put an end to these 3G hijinks, since the pair are obviously not in favor of them, but right now this particular carrier needs every selling point it can get -- even unofficial ones like this.
    ... She fakes the orgasm, I fake the relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    vista! haha god i hate vista... but no it has not been answered yet. however i did run into something similar at work on some of the display computers running vista i kept trying and eventually it worked.
    Ok i don't feel so dumb now... i did some more looking around and and trouble shooting I was able to get it to work after about 2 hours of messing around but its hit and miss... it seems as if windows can not always detect what protocol to use when looking for the out side net ahoc maybe? not sure but same prob on 3 of my computers running vista and same on an XP system... but every time with out wep on works fine
    Ok after more messing around with it (It's now 4:32AM) I know I need to get a life but I just cant stop when the prob is not solved some times...

After quit a bit of testing this is what i have come up with...

I think it's a Windows Prob (Ubuntu worked ever time with or with out wep) when I was trying to connect before I would just find the network for the pre in the list of networks i would click connect (I was connected to my home wireless at this point) and it would auto disconnect from my home wifi and after I entered the key it would connect to the pre but no joy would not see out side net... So what I found out was if you disconnect from what ever wireless network you are on and let it sit about 5 sec then look for the pre in the list and click connect it would work ok this method worked on all 3 vista computers I had...

Just to be sure of this I tried the old way once more and again it would not work...

I hope this bit of info helps... If you could test this out and let us all know if this indeed works or it is something that just works with my computers thanks...
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    WOW!!! i finally root my pre because of this application..and its working like charm..i have to say its almost faster than my dsl. thank you all for this
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    yes it is normal.... sometimes when your internet on the computer is completely inactive you might be able to browse the web on pre otherwise you cant. but your text messages and phone calls will come in normally.
    Are you sure about that second part? Just enabling tethering without a computer hooked up will still cause the pre browser to say there is no internet connection available.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    help!!!..my tethering stop working..i am not sure why?..was it because i unistall the mojo sdk??..do i need to keep that on my computer??
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Just donated.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    papla i think you need to keep the SDK installed because you need the novacom driver... Im not hightech with this but maybe you could just install the driver back but why delete the SDK anyway.. Try reinstalling it.
    Added link in Opening Post to give download link information:

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: My Tether

- Craig
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htowncls View Post
    papla i think you need to keep the SDK installed because you need the novacom driver... Im not hightech with this but maybe you could just install the driver back but why delete the SDK anyway.. Try reinstalling it.
    You only need the novacom driver and SDK for the install. Once mytether is installed on the pre and functioning, you do not need novacom. It would be kind of a pain if you had to get novacom working on every computer that you wanted to tether.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    You only need the novacom driver and SDK for the install. Once mytether is installed on the pre and functioning, you do not need novacom. It would be kind of a pain if you had to get novacom working on every computer that you wanted to tether.
    It's true you don't need Novacom drivers, but unfortunately you
    do need USBNet drivers installed if you want to do USB tethering
    and USBNet cannot be installed on XP sp2. I've been getting
    by with WiFi tethering but my laptop's Wifi is flakey (often
    refuses to leave one network to connect to another) so I end up
    rebooting *a lot*.

ian
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    For the most part, it's awesome. on line 3, however, the mount command should be 'mount -o remount,rw /' not 'mount -o remount rw, /'. You should also do a 'mount -o remount,ro /' when you're done, just to be nice and leave everything the way you found it. I'm sure that if I wasn't a noob I would've known it from the get-go, but someone should mention that you actually need to be root when executing the command. If you, like I did, try just putting a 'sudo' in front of the command, the wget gets run as root, but /bin/sh doesn't, which results in a big bucket of fail.

I ended up installing it manually anyway, because I've used the optware ipkg to install. ipkg-opt worked just fine for the 1.2 version, so I anticipate it will work well with this version as well. The install script really did help me through the manual install process using ipkg-opt. Awesome work!
    I tried this the other day, and it stopped receiving packets. Am I doing something wrong. I rooted it and ran the get that he has posted. Did I miss a step?
    I am such a noob when it comes to this stuff... Reading all this information on the thread has me confused and I do not want to wipe out my pre.... Can someone offer instructions start to finish??? I know its askin alot lol..
    i cant get it to work on my palm pre when i go to it on my palm pre it saids turn off wifi connection and it is off and then i go to options to turn on usbnet then close it then go back and its off please tell me what iam doing wrong thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Ok i don't feel so dumb now... i did some more looking around and and trouble shooting I was able to get it to work after about 2 hours of messing around but its hit and miss... it seems as if windows can not always detect what protocol to use when looking for the out side net ahoc maybe? not sure but same prob on 3 of my computers running vista and same on an XP system... but every time with out wep on works fine
    ya. Try going into your network card properties and uncheck the v6 ip option and that might help. Vista is lame simple as that
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Are you sure about that second part? Just enabling tethering without a computer hooked up will still cause the pre browser to say there is no internet connection available.
    yes I am sure. Like I said sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyluce05 View Post
    I am such a noob when it comes to this stuff... Reading all this information on the thread has me confused and I do not want to wipe out my pre.... Can someone offer instructions start to finish??? I know its askin alot lol..
    Check this
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tructions.html
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    If you use Pocket Mirror and My Tether you need to make sure that in My Tether you turn off the USB net when trying to use Pocket Mirror to sync your info.