Page 88 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 4339
  1. #1741  
    I can't get this to work. I installed version 1.5.0 through the Root, but when I enable the wifi tethering, it doesnt work. I uninstalled it, and then tried re-installing it through the webOS Quick Install desktop app, and still nothing. I tried two different computers, one with Vista, and another with XP, but it will not show up as an available network to connect to. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by belligerentsanity; 08/06/2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Misspelling
  2. #1742  
    Quote Originally Posted by belligerentsanity View Post
    I can't get this to work. I installed version 1.5.0 through the Root, but when I enable the wifi tethering, it doesnt work. I uninstalled it, and then tried re-installing it through the webOS Quick Install desktop app, and still nothing. I tried two different computers, one with Vista, and another with XP, but it will not show up as an available network to connect to. Can anyone help?
    bc u need to root to enable it.......if u want the full version where u dont require the root u gotta make a donation to this website My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - My Tether turns your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
  3. #1743  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    So, the 2.0 version will never come to be free for download? Even as more updates come along? Or is this final?

    How easy is the install process? Is there any root work at all for it? If not, then I may consider doing the $10 donation/price for it.
    WOW! lol the idea of all the features 2.0 has is a form of thank you not insinuative to donate. Its a little frustrating seeing people use it as that. and $10 is the default price aonic has set... of course if you can contribute more thats great. and if not give what you can. and if you can't afford to donate then use the the app posted here. but it is only fair to help support all the hard work and effort put into this application.
    MatterOfFactJack
  4. rmbwebs's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #1744  
    Seriously can no one tell me if it's normal for data to be disabled on the pre while tethering is active? Can anyone briwse the web / receive email on the pre while tethering?
  5. #1745  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Seriously can no one tell me if it's normal for data to be disabled on the pre while tethering is active? Can anyone briwse the web / receive email on the pre while tethering?
    yes it is normal.... sometimes when your internet on the computer is completely inactive you might be able to browse the web on pre otherwise you cant. but your text messages and phone calls will come in normally.
    MatterOfFactJack
  6. #1746  
    Ok I am prob asking a question that has been answered (Sorry) but i could not find a fix for what i am having probs with I updated to 2.0.1 every thing works a-ok but when i use wifi with wep enabled it will not work says local only no out side net but with wep disabled works like it should ? any ideas on what is causing this? thanks for you help and thanks for a super cool app...
  7. #1747  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Ok I am prob asking a question that has been answered (Sorry) but i could not find a fix for what i am having probs with I updated to 2.0.1 every thing works a-ok but when i use wifi with wep enabled it will not work says local only no out side net but with wep disabled works like it should ? any ideas on what is causing this? thanks for you help and thanks for a super cool app...
    vista! haha god i hate vista... but no it has not been answered yet. however i did run into something similar at work on some of the display computers running vista i kept trying and eventually it worked.
    MatterOfFactJack
  8. #1748  
    Thanks everyone for the info on the XP SP3 requirements... I am running an aged beast that hasn't had that update yet... I will install that asap.

    I think I will try the 2.0 version... having donated to others', this is indeed a very deserving project that serves not only the whole community's interests, but also addresses larger issues like personal vs vendor control of instrument usage.

    Thanks for pushing the envelope!
  9. #1749  
    This app is amazing! Just donated my $10 after I verified it works to my liking. I couldn't have asked for more. Thanks for all your hard work!
  10. #1750  
    This is fantastic. truly an awesome production.
  11. #1751  
    I got this working with my wifi router, and wala 3 laptops have connection
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
  12. #1752  
    This application is sweet. Thanks.
  13. #1753  
    I think that hosting this presents a bad face to Palm et al. They specifically asked the PreDev wiki people to remove tethering information because it violates the sprint EULA. Don't get me wrong,I'm all for tethering, but I'd like to see this community applauded by Palm rather than scorned.
  14. #1754  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfelectron View Post
    I think that hosting this presents a bad face to Palm et al. They specifically asked the PreDev wiki people to remove tethering information because it violates the sprint EULA. Don't get me wrong,I'm all for tethering, but I'd like to see this community applauded by Palm rather than scorned.
    I have not seen palm contact anyone about objections to this app. Also no replies in the forum by palm reps. So no scorning has been made. I highly doubt they are unaware of the app considering a simple pre tether search on google would lead their investigators to this.
    MatterOfFactJack
  15. #1755  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfelectron View Post
    Don't get me wrong,I'm all for tethering, but I'd like to see this community applauded by Palm rather than scorned.
    I think that's a wise approach, but what is our recourse if P&S absolutely rule out any possibility of tethering without associated exorbitant rate increases?

    Are just supposed to bend over and suck it up, or just wait and pray that verizons VCast will offer tethering come Q1 2010?

    How do we express our tethering in the face of corporate ambiguity? (early reportd showed palm pre specs as including tethering, and I myself have archived a conversation where the Sprint rep promised me wireless modem access for my laptop would be allowed)

    What should we do instead?
  16. #1756  
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    I think that's a wise approach, but what is our recourse if P&S absolutely rule out any possibility of tethering without associated exorbitant rate increases?

    Are just supposed to bend over and suck it up, or just wait and pray that verizons VCast will offer tethering come Q1 2010?

    How do we express our tethering in the face of corporate ambiguity (early reportd showed palm pre specs as including tethering, and I myself habe archived a conversation where the Sprint rep promised me wireless modem access for my laptop
    lol! verizon disables features from phones more so then any other carrier. besides costs an arm and a leg.
    MatterOfFactJack
  17. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #1757  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    lol! verizon disables features from phones more so then any other carrier. besides costs an arm and a leg.
    Ugh aint that the truth. I used to have to literally hack the crap outta their phones for some basic stuff to work.
  18. nrs
    nrs is offline
    nrs's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    #1758  
    I'm getting

    my.tether.install: line 1: syntax error: newline unexpected when I try to do

    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
  19. #1759  
    Two thoughts, awesome app. Have not gotten USB connection to work, but awesome to really display the power of the pre and 3G network. I'll look over the process and see what I did wrong and get that fixed I am sure. If only navigating the web on the pre rendered pages as fast as my laptop connected to the pre via wifi. these days I don't need it as often as I used too, but nice to have the option and I think the work is top notch. worth the donation in my opinion, look forward to seeing what new apps you bring to the table beyond this one.

    As for palm and sprint, PDAnet has been out for a long time on smart phones and I don't think I ever stumbled across people getting into big trouble with sprint. I think in the end the key is use... we are all paying for data access (unlimited). So it would seem that as long as use is reasonable sprint may not even care much about it. For the sake of the creator of the app, use your new found tool with some discretion would be my advice. We wouldn't want to create issues for ourselves or them.
  20. #1760  
    I've installed the 2.x app, the only thing missing is the Bluetooth tethering, but the WiFi works great.. Tried it today, and works just as fast as my Cradlepoint CTR-500 and USB Aircard 598U..

Posting Permissions