Page 87 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
    Love the app.

Possible suggestion- Have the ability to create a wifi access point with the 3g data connection turned off. This way I can connect network my laptop and other devices while traveling without using up data. I wouldn't think it would be too hard, but might be nice for some.
    Maybe this patch would help you? Patch webOS Radio Power Switch - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by jtedla View Post
    Is there a way to install this on a mac or is Windows the only way to go?
    Should be pretty much the same. Just ssh into the pre and run the script via the wget command. If you do not have ssh installed on the pre, I believe there is a novacom service for mac too. Just follow the "gaining command line access" howto till you get the root user.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I donated as a leap of faith that I will not have to root my PRE for this app. I do like the idea of wifi hotspot and already teather with my blackberry over usb and Verizon. If yoiu have this working I would love to try it but I will not Root my PRE. Please advise if you have this working without rooting. I Never see this question addressed clearly like donate and you would not have to root your pre. It may be helpfull to others that this be spelled out on the first page of this rather than dig thru 85 pages for the answer.
    well crap doesn't work for me my pre is rooted and I ran the code and also installed the app to my phone but doesn't work. I would like to use it so that my ipod touch could connect to the internet anywhere. This would be a solution to watchin slingplayer. haha
    I have it working with WiFi but not USB. Seems the USBNet drivers won't install on my laptop. I am using the Network ADAPTER device and it just fails saying files couldn't be found. Anyone else see this? I'd prefer USB so that the person sitting two booths away from me at Starbucks just can't jump on my PRE for free. Either that, or make the Pre a TRUE wifi hotspot and impliment WPA access. the app is killer though. I'd pay for the 2.0 if it can be made available to me. I like the extra options.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhilman View Post
    I have it working with WiFi but not USB. Seems the USBNet drivers won't install on my laptop. I am using the Network ADAPTER device and it just fails saying files couldn't be found. Anyone else see this? I'd prefer USB so that the person sitting two booths away from me at Starbucks just can't jump on my PRE for free. Either that, or make the Pre a TRUE wifi hotspot and impliment WPA access. the app is killer though. I'd pay for the 2.0 if it can be made available to me. I like the extra options.
    Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

Bluetooth Tethering
    The report is that after you enable USB Tethering in My Tether, you can pair your machine to the Pre using Bluetooth PAN and tethering will work over Bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    but ya wifi tethering doesn't work with the pre screen off (when pre is a sleep) unless you have it connected to a charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    That doesn't always seem to be the case. I turned WiFi tethering on and after the screen turned off it still kept the wifi active. (Version 1.5 of MyTether)
    When its charging wifi connection will stay active.
    Quote Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
    Love the app.

Possible suggestion- Have the ability to create a wifi access point with the 3g data connection turned off. This way I can connect network my laptop and other devices while traveling without using up data. I wouldn't think it would be too hard, but might be nice for some.
    Hum... cant you adhoc your other devices without the need for an app off of the pre? or you mean to adhoc the pre with other devices to?
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

Bluetooth Tethering
    The report is that after you enable USB Tethering in My Tether, you can pair your machine to the Pre using Bluetooth PAN and tethering will work over Bluetooth.

I'm using XP and don't bother posting the XP instructions. I can read them myself and have followed them to the letter. The driver file I have FAILS.
    i dont think the point to pay is to pay for 2.0 but to pay as a donation for aonics hard work! getting the features 2.0 gives you is just his thank you.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I'm using XP and don't bother posting the XP instructions. I can read them myself and have followed them to the letter. The driver file I have FAILS.
    you need xp service pack 3
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    you need xp service pack 3

Ah HA...

Yep, that would do it. Unfortunately, this laptop will not take SP3 as it is a work laptop with a custom kernel. DAMN.

So I'm guessing that SP3 includes these files which look to be referenced from the INF file:

usb8023m.sys
    rndismpm.sys
    usb8023w.sys
    rndismpw.sys
    usb8023k.sys
    rndismpk.sys
    Ah HA...

Yep, that would do it. Unfortunately, this laptop will not take SP3 as it is a work laptop with a custom kernel. DAMN.

So I'm guessing that SP3 includes these files which look to be referenced from the INF file:

usb8023m.sys
    rndismpm.sys
    usb8023w.sys
    rndismpw.sys
    usb8023k.sys
    rndismpk.sys
    perhaps you can try google searching them and putting them into your system directory. then report back with findings.. now that i think about it one of my laptops i had to use google to hunt down two files when installing the driver and on the other just one.. i cannot recall which files they were but they were .sys files i know that.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I had the same issue for a few minutes until i realized when saving the .inf file, it was saving as .inf.txt and therefore wasn't being found when adding the Network Adapter device. Check your file name and remove the .txt from the end if applicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaberael View Post
    I had the same issue for a few minutes until i realized when saving the .inf file, it was saving as .inf.txt and therefore wasn't being found when adding the Network Adapter device. Check your file name and remove the .txt from the end if applicable.
    I wish it were that simple for me. I clicked and it saved as a .inf file. I am sure of that. I think it is just a situation where this laptop is completely maintained by our IT department. I checked my event viewer and found an event where the sys files were being overwitten by what they want us to have. Probably what's going on here. I'll try it on my other laptop at home when I get there. I'll bet it works there.
    See it finds the driver... but just ends up failing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I wish it were that simple for me. I clicked and it saved as a .inf file. I am sure of that. I think it is just a situation where this laptop is completely maintained by our IT department. I checked my event viewer and found an event where the sys files were being overwitten by what they want us to have. Probably what's going on here. I'll try it on my other laptop at home when I get there. I'll bet it works there.
    Hum might not be worth installing hardware (drivers for pre) on your work laptop if its so tightly controlled. Anyway just so you know 2.0 does allow for wep encryption on wifi mode. That will keep the guy at starbucks from browsing with your pre connection and might be a better choice considering it doesn't require and software or hardware instalation.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Why is it that on the website, 2.0 is available, but only 1.5 is available here?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    Why is it that on the website, 2.0 is available, but only 1.5 is available here?
    bc 1.5 is the free version which requires root access(hacking) to enable....2.1 (latest) does it all for u for a ($10) donation to have access...i have it and its amazing
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    So, the 2.0 version will never come to be free for download? Even as more updates come along? Or is this final?

How easy is the install process? Is there any root work at all for it? If not, then I may consider doing the $10 donation/price for it.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    So, the 2.0 version will never come to be free for download? Even as more updates come along? Or is this final?

How easy is the install process? Is there any root work at all for it? If not, then I may consider doing the $10 donation/price for it.
    the install process is easy as hell...just put ur pre in dev mode connect to pc as charge...and u just click install on pc and boom ur done...thats how easy....thats y its a donate only version...the 1.5 u need to root and know wut ur doing...but i have no knowledge of linux so thats y i donated....just to let u know...u might have to w8 maybe 1 or 2 hours after (if u donate) to receive the admission in the forums bc the dev is busy but its welll worth the w8!!! but hu knows maybe ur lucky
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Ah HA...

usb8023m.sys
    rndismpm.sys
    usb8023w.sys
    rndismpw.sys
    usb8023k.sys
    rndismpk.sys

Thanks for your questions. i'm in the same situation. work laptop and cant upgrade to sp3. at least i know why i can't get it to work.