Page 86 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 4339
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Initially trepidatious about rooting the Pre. Followed directions carefully and what do you know? Success. Way cool. Wish I wasn't scary-broke; I'd contribute. Still may, if & when I get the scratch.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I was using tgis app for one day no trouble with wifi or usb but now it says connected but can't open any page any help please
    Thanks for this app. I'm sitting here in amazement that I can connect two computers by wifi. This will be used a great deal on the next road trip. Thank you.
    So i tried to root my pre and enable tethering. anyways after i did it i ran webos doctor because i knew i ****ed it up and now my computer wont recognize the phone in the terminal to install homebrews or thru the quickinstaller. in addition i cant pick up wifi or bluetooth.

this has to be something i did right? i couldnt even get my contacts back from my palm profile.

any suggestions? any post webos doc method i could try?

and finally does anyone think they would have the ability to fix this issue if they could have my phone, just for future reference in case i could find someone in my area, maybe craigslist a more computer savvy guy than i to help me out?

really appreciate any input...all i wanted to do was tether..
    how do i get version 2.0 ... will the developer send me the ipk ... is it true that 2.0 does not require rooting??? im a novice and i dont want to root my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Blue tooth tethering is much much slower. but it is a little more secure then wifi tethering without wep... also works with pre screen off.
    thats weird...bc bluetooth and usb tethering r soooo much faster than wifi....and my wifi tends to disoconnect and connect a lot so i rather use usb or wifi instead
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thats weird...bc bluetooth and usb tethering r soooo much faster than wifi....and my wifi tends to disoconnect and connect a lot so i rather use usb or wifi instead
    im guessing you meant or bluetooth... my proffered method is usb... as for wifi being slower.. that doesnt make sense you are probably having issues with your wifi because it disconnects then it tries to load when you touch your pre screen goes on and reconnects and then load so seems like your wifi is just being slow ... but ya wifi tethering doesn't work with the pre screen off (when pre is a sleep) unless you have it connected to a charger.
    MatterOfFactJack
    im guessing you meant or bluetooth... my proffered method is usb... as for wifi being slower.. that doesnt make sense you are probably having issues with your wifi because it disconnects then it tries to load when you touch your pre screen goes on and reconnects and then load so seems like your wifi is just being slow ... but ya wifi tethering doesn't work with the pre screen off (when pre is a sleep) unless you have it connected to a charger.
    Yah I just realized that after reading ur post...now I got it working perfecly...still usb/bluetooth is just a tad faster than wifi but by just a little
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Yah I just realized that after reading ur post...now I got it working perfecly...still usb/bluetooth is just a tad faster than wifi but by just a little
    if you say so enjoy tethering
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    I'm almost OK with keeping the new version out of the hands of those who won't "donate." At least there won't be a bunch of deuche bags using it to run torrents on their laptops when they cant find a free hot spot that will let them do it. We don't need those types giving early homebrew apps a bad rap, or give telcos an early incentive to block that kind of traffic or application.
    Not trying to be argumentative, but I really don't think that a required $10 payment would stop any D-bag that was seriously hellbent on raping the bandwidth status quo.

In fact, I imagine that the D-bags you refer to might be even *more* likely to go ahead and pay to access MiTether than the folks who are just looking for low consumption or occasional access... prerequisite donation isn't a deterrent to douchbages determined to abuse the Pre community's opportunities, it may select for them.

Anyways, bottom line for me is: Thanks to the dev artists for cooking up this readily available, innovative app whose purpose will most certainly prove to be one of the most exciting and sought after Pre functions of all. And here's to hoping the non-root install version is released to all soon, and that donation status doesn't become a common criteria for stratifying who gets what version of an app.
    Last edited by superduperpre; 08/06/2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: oh. didn't realize that word would be outlawed. it's replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post

Anyways, bottom line for me is: Thanks to the dev artists for cooking up this readily available, innovative app whose purpose will most certainly prove to be one of the most exciting and sought after Pre functions of all. And here's to hoping the non-root install version is released to all soon, and that donation status doesn't become a common criteria for stratifying who gets what version of an app.
    the 2.0 version of the app is very experimental and is in beta stages. aonic gives access to donors as a thank you with a few added features.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    When I am connecting via WIFI I am being prompted for a security key. I am not seeing a way to set this key up in the app. What am I missing? thanks for any help you can provide.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipso Flatley View Post
    When I am connecting via WIFI I am being prompted for a security key. I am not seeing a way to set this key up in the app. What am I missing? thanks for any help you can provide.
    I figured it out. The wifi was connected to my network and then when using the tether it was requesting the security key. Once I disconnected from my network it worked.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    but ya wifi tethering doesn't work with the pre screen off (when pre is a sleep) unless you have it connected to a charger.
    That doesn't always seem to be the case. I turned WiFi tethering on and after the screen turned off it still kept the wifi active. (Version 1.5 of MyTether)
    The Dallas/North Texas preDevCamp will be going over the entire Tether App. on Saturday. Over 60 developers are signed up to attend. Should be awesome!
  16.    #1716  
    Nice! Will there be a video available or something? Also My Tether is on Engadget! My Tether turns mild-mannered Palm Pres into wild and crazy hotspots
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Love the app.

Possible suggestion- Have the ability to create a wifi access point with the 3g data connection turned off. This way I can connect network my laptop and other devices while traveling without using up data. I wouldn't think it would be too hard, but might be nice for some.
    Is there a way to install this on a mac or is Windows the only way to go?
    ok so I installed this so how would I brows the internet conected to my pre through the wifi. For some reason it doesn't work. It says its on but my computer is not finding it.
    The Dallas/North Texas preDevCamp conference agenda calls for a live hands-on rooting of a pre and installing the Tethering App! There will also be at least two special keynote speakers and several developers are scheduled to present their latest new apps.