Page 84 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I am In Manhattan Kansas and i have Army friends on post at Ft Riley I did the same thing for the most part but i was an A$$ hole about it kinda.. I was like does your iPoop sorry iPhone tether and do you even have 3G? ATT here just has Edge... Is your iphone open source??? I think NOT they were bragging up there iPoop's sorry again iPhone's saying o this is better and awwww eeeeee all that I was just sick of it lol I now have 7 refer a friend gift cards on the way at 50 a pop... Although i think they will only send 5 per year? My friends thought it was the coolest thing that i could turn my phone into a hot spot. 5 of my friends pre's i rooted and installed this app among about 10 others...
    It really seems like a lot of Kansas people are on here, and by a lot I mean more than one.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    It really seems like a lot of Kansas people are on here, and by a lot I mean more than one.
    I'm from Fort Riley. I've known Best Buy had a waiting list since I waited overnight there to get mine and get rid of my Instinct, but never ran into anyone that actually had one after that first day.
    Quote Originally Posted by boredwopre View Post
    I'm from Fort Riley. I've known Best Buy had a waiting list since I waited overnight there to get mine and get rid of my Instinct, but never ran into anyone that actually had one after that first day.
    LOL, I was there too. Are you the guy with the Pickup that I ran into in the Sprint store later that day?

I know about 10 people who have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post

anyone get this message when using the app?
    I get that each time...is that normal or am I doing something wrong?
    Bluetooth and USB tethering works great, but I cannot seem to get WiFi to work... I connect to the AoNet and it just says "waiting for other computers to connect to your network" or something like that. Am I doing something wrong there? I have tried several times with the same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
    I get that each time...is that normal or am I doing something wrong?
    its normal... only happens with BT tethering.. just ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
    Bluetooth and USB tethering works great, but I cannot seem to get WiFi to work... I connect to the AoNet and it just says "waiting for other computers to connect to your network" or something like that. Am I doing something wrong there? I have tried several times with the same result.
    when your pre screen turns off and it goes to sleep it disables your wifi so either keep the screen constantly on or keep the pre charging one way or another...
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hey bro this app works fantastic excellent job. You other users should get Linux, it makes life so much easier!
    I am curious when sprint charges o.03 cents a kb when I am tethering will I be charged that? or is it free and a side note, is tethering on other sprint fones free without a plan or will I get charged this is a two parter mostly interested in the part about the pre, just thought I'd ask the experts (yes that is brown nosing!)
    -bryan
    There should be no extra charge for tethering, I have been using wmwifi router for quite awhile with no extra charges, but I was on SERO and now on EPRP and that was of course another phone
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    LOL, I was there too. Are you the guy with the Pickup that I ran into in the Sprint store later that day?

I know about 10 people who have them.
    Yep that was me with the truck, nice to see you on here, I'm a little bit of a newb on here, but loving every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanjfaber View Post
    I am curious when sprint charges o.03 cents a kb when I am tethering will I be charged that? or is it free and a side note, is tethering on other sprint fones free without a plan or will I get charged this is a two parter mostly interested in the part about the pre, just thought I'd ask the experts (yes that is brown nosing!)
    -bryan
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, as you may of read elsewhere, Sprint HIGHLY discourages tethering, just don't abuse it. So far I haven't heard of anyone actually getting charged for it.
    NICE! I got it to work USB and wifi!!! very very cool. The only thing thats odd is when you swipe the tethering app away the connection is actually still on and that little notification icon on the lower part of the phone disapears. So you could be walking around with your tethering on and not no. I think the icon should stay there untill you actually turn off the tethering.
    I've loaded 1.5.

When I try to connect via WiFi, I'm asked for a security key. I've rebooted the Pre and still am asked for a security key.

When I try to connect via USB it does, but only to the 'local network' and not beyond to the internet.

I had the same problem on 1.2 - and then tonight decided to upgrade to see if my problem would be resolved, but it isn't.

Thanks,

Keith
    i installed it and when i enable all it says its enabling wifi tethering and it wont get passed that can anyone help me plz
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    tethering was free on my flip phone.
    This may be an incredibly dumb question....but is there any way to continue tethering while the device is in 'sleep' mode? (maybe a paid version that doesn't allow the phone to sleep while wifi tethering?)
    Quote Originally Posted by iranmani113 View Post
    This may be an incredibly dumb question....but is there any way to continue tethering while the device is in 'sleep' mode? (maybe a paid version that doesn't allow the phone to sleep while wifi tethering?)
    donor version is worth it lets leave it at that
    MatterOfFactJack
  17.    #1677  
    Phew! Finally caught up with all the other work, now I can start following this thread again Thank you Jack!
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    So for a couple of hours I couldn't get a working wifi connection for the life of me. First ad hoc issues, then I was connected to the pre but not the internet. After several resets and switching settings on and off, I'm successfully posting from the tethered pre itself. I say this to encourage those who might not have immediate success to keep reading the posts and keep playing with it.

I'm going to send a donation right now...
    Also, I just noticed a subtle problem that had been causing me some frustration. While plugged into the wall charger, MyTether works with no problem. Being plugged into the computer in "just charge" mode however, prevented an internet connection.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez.elliot View Post
    Also, I just noticed a subtle problem that had been causing me some frustration. While plugged into the wall charger, MyTether works with no problem. Being plugged into the computer in "just charge" mode however, prevented an internet connection.
    Not sure about this one, but I know when I have my phone plugged into computer for the just charge, and even though I'm turning wifi on, I have internet access but NOT through the wifi, just the USB. Again, usb sharing turned off, wifi turned on, but I have a wired internet connection. This is in Ubuntu, haven't tested that in windows.

My thought is maybe it's trying to use the USB part of it anyway, and if you have USBnet turned off it's not getting you on the internet. I good way to test would be if you turn USBnet on and try wifi again, and if you have internet, then it's prolly through the usb and not wifi like when I do that. And if you already do have usbnet on, then my theory is out the window.