Page 83 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 4339
    I'm currently out in Kansas and a bunch of buddies have no reception in the building from Att with there iphones, I installed this and and flipped on the wifi tethering and let them have a taste of how Sprint opperated and they were amazed.. One even said hes dropping his for a Pre in the next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianu16 View Post
    Wow! I've been eye balling this application since development but had held off due to rooting. Finally took the plunge, took 5 minutes and I'm tethered over Wifi. Thanks a lot!

Is there any advantage to tether over Bluetooth as opposed to Wifi? Faster speeds?
    I would like to know the answer to this question too.
    Okay_ so I must have missed something. But I managed to install all this stuff so how do I get the internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat View Post
    On OS X I found that the Bluetooth PAN connection was MUCH faster than the wifi connection. It also took a few minutes to establish a connection to the wifi network, while it connects to Bluetooth almost instantly.
    If anyone needs help installing this app then check out my thread that will show you how to easily install this. I know a lot of people are completely confused on how to install it so I found instructions on how to do it. The step by step written instructions also comes with screenshots that will help many of you "visual learners".
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tructions.html
    Last edited by ipodtouch12345; 08/03/2009 at 08:55 PM.
  6. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So i am able to root into my pre, but before i install this program, i'd like to know if there is a way to uninstall the teather service (not using webos doctor and doing a full reset) in case i want restore my phone to palm standards without loosing anything.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Can your tethering program be installed using PimpMyPre's new PreLoad application (no rooting required) ?
    I've been useing the Prebrew installer and its worked great for every homebrew app so far. Just drag and drop and done. But for some reason MyTether doesnt get past the start up screen. The app is on the phone but when i switch it to on it says Enabling tethering or something like that and it never does anything else. Can someone help me?

PreBrew 1.5 Installer.exe - Windows Live
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I've been useing the Prebrew installer and its worked great for every homebrew app so far. Just drag and drop and done. But for some reason MyTether doesnt get past the start up screen. The app is on the phone but when i switch it to on it says Enabling tethering or something like that and it never does anything else. Can someone help me?

This has been answered a few times already just a few posts back actually. But here it goes again. The tethering service requires root to be installed. There is a experimental installer but has not been released yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianu16 View Post
    Wow! I've been eye balling this application since development but had held off due to rooting. Finally took the plunge, took 5 minutes and I'm tethered over Wifi. Thanks a lot!

Is there any advantage to tether over Bluetooth as opposed to Wifi? Faster speeds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat View Post
    Blue tooth tethering is much much slower. but it is a little more secure then wifi tethering without wep... also works with pre screen off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouch12345 View Post
    If anyone needs help installing this app then check out my thread that will show you how to easily install this. I know a lot of people are completely confused on how to install it so I found instructions on how to do it. The step by step written instructions also comes with screenshots that will help many of you "visual learners".
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tructions.html
    did you finally take the plunge and root? sorry havnt read your thread yet. but if you did... congratulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa@smkcpa.com View Post
    Can your tethering program be installed using PimpMyPre's new PreLoad application (no rooting required) ?
    No pre load will not install this app properly rooting required no installer out there will install this app to function.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post

pre brew will not install this app properly. you need to install via root for it to work
    no installer will install this properly!
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    This has been answered a few times already just a few posts back actually. But here it goes again. The tethering service requires root to be installed. There is a experimental installer but has not been released yet.
    ya i know the feeling like a broken record haha
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Hi, just donated. ii
    WEP is better than nothing I guess but I really hope you can add in WPA2 encryption. WEP can be cracked in about 15 seconds. ii

Also anyway to not broadcast the SID and can we change the SID?
    Just because the ssid is hidden doesn't keep it out of sight from a trained eye Kismet sees these aps just fine and so does airodump. So hiding the ssid is only going to fool a normal user not a hacker that can crack your ap.

WPA would be the best way to go here.
    I got the same and have enabling wifi...
    enabling ad-hoc...
    network A0Net
    tethering on
    in the app
    and i still cant find it in my wireless connections on my computer?
    thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by boredwopre View Post
    I'm currently out in Kansas and a bunch of buddies have no reception in the building from Att with there iphones, I installed this and and flipped on the wifi tethering and let them have a taste of how Sprint opperated and they were amazed.. One even said hes dropping his for a Pre in the next month.
    I am In Manhattan Kansas and i have Army friends on post at Ft Riley I did the same thing for the most part but i was an A$$ hole about it kinda.. I was like does your iPoop sorry iPhone tether and do you even have 3G? ATT here just has Edge... Is your iphone open source??? I think NOT they were bragging up there iPoop's sorry again iPhone's saying o this is better and awwww eeeeee all that I was just sick of it lol I now have 7 refer a friend gift cards on the way at 50 a pop... Although i think they will only send 5 per year? My friends thought it was the coolest thing that i could turn my phone into a hot spot. 5 of my friends pre's i rooted and installed this app among about 10 others...
    i rooted and entered the code and still dont see it
    Quote Originally Posted by swany17 View Post
    i rooted and entered the code and still dont see it
    reboot the pre and try again i suppose... make sure you have your wifi switch on your computer turned on.
    MatterOfFactJack
    the new 2.01 installer fixed my issues....

this is so sweet!!
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro View Post
    the new 2.01 installer fixed my issues....

this is so sweet!!
    As in you donated and got the experimental installer or there's a new PreBrew installer?
    installed this today and now the phone wont work. says phone is offline wether or not i am in phone mode. wondering if there is a way to uninstall this or force phone turn on through terminal
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    you need to root to install
    after install no rooting is required
    What does it mean to "root to install"?? How do I root? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablazes View Post
    What does it mean to "root to install"?? How do I root? Thanks.
    ablazes, check out this site:

Main Page - WebOS Internals

It will get you started on learning about accessing Linux and rooting your pre. I don't have much experience with programming or Linux, and I was able to figure it out and learn a lot about what you need at this site.