Page 82 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 4339
  1. Von
    I have successfully installed the app onto my pre..But I cannot get the tether to work on my pc, I do run 64 bit windows 7..

Am I able to tether with 7?
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    For anyone having problems with USBNet, I feel ya. Took me a while to get it too. Here's how it has been explained, and what I did, step by step. BTW, I'm running XP 32 bit.
    I managed to get the usbnet driver installed and tethering works, but every couple of days I have to reinstall the driver. Anyone else have this problem or know what is causing it? Running xpHome SP3.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrmwood7 View Post
    I managed to get the usbnet driver installed and tethering works, but every couple of days I have to reinstall the driver. Anyone else have this problem or know what is causing it? Running xpHome SP3.
    Sometimes when plugging into a different usb port on your computer it prompts to reinstall the network device. i always try to use the same port seems to be working out for me.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Thanks for the great app! I had no troubles at all. I followed the Vista 64 bit instructions and it worked flawlessly. Keep up the great work devs. Loving it. It's surprisingly faster than my work connection lol.
    What kind of speeds are you guys seeing via tethering. I am on OS X 10.5 using WiFi tethering and I haven't been on this slow of a connection in 10 years. I am getting at the lowest 20k/s and at the most 100k/s.
    Works like a charm! Thanks for all the help aonic. Can't wait to see what develops with this app in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by needo View Post
    What kind of speeds are you guys seeing via tethering. I am on OS X 10.5 using WiFi tethering and I haven't been on this slow of a connection in 10 years. I am getting at the lowest 20k/s and at the most 100k/s.
    There are plenty of speed tests posted in this thread.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    so is My Tether 2.0 always going to require donation, or will it eventually come out for free?
    My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre
    Question.

I turned on Wifi Tethering. I also disabled the Sleep Timer and turned off the LCD by pressing "LCD." The screen goes dark, and the LED illuminates. My laptop and iPod Touch still are connected to the net.

When a phone call comes in, I hear the ringtone but the screen stays dark. How can I (1) check the caller ID to see who is calling and (2) pick up the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Originally Posted by chris5h
    This is great. Thanks so much for this.
    Out of curiosity, is there any drawback to just leaving the USBNet service running constantly in the background? USB Mass Storage mode still seems to work fine even with it running.

You can leave it on, its fine
    I thought I remember you posting this. I found that I must turn off USBnet to prevent my laptop from attempting to re-mount the network adapter device and route packets through it, when I wish to mount the Pre as a USB drive only. Note that I've changed the metric on that interface on my laptop to 100, following the instructions previously posted and it does not help.

Thanks.
    I wouldnt worry too much about Sprint being able to tell if you're doing this. The underlying Linux system uses iptables masquerading to make your traffic look like it is coming from the Pre. The only way they would be able to tell is either by sniffing your network traffic (illegal) or SSH-ing into your Pre. While they have a limited set of remote tools to do things to your phone, any poking around of this nature to prove tethering is going to bring about a large moral headache for them.

Just dont go over the 5GB cap and you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MmmmGuinness View Post
    I wouldnt worry too much about Sprint being able to tell if you're doing this. The underlying Linux system uses iptables masquerading to make your traffic look like it is coming from the Pre. The only way they would be able to tell is either by sniffing your network traffic (illegal) or SSH-ing into your Pre. While they have a limited set of remote tools to do things to your phone, any poking around of this nature to prove tethering is going to bring about a large moral headache for them.

Just dont go over the 5GB cap and you'll be fine.
    I do not think monitoring the network traffic that is coming through their network is illegal. There was talk awhile back about some isp's using filters to filter out certain packets with certain headers (torrents etc). They own their routers and therefore they can do what they want to with them.

Even if snooping around your traffic, most sites work on the pre as they do on the desktop. It would be difficult to distinguish the difference. Maybe a swf file might throw up a flag or two seeing the pre doesn't have flash yet.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    im assuming 2.0 still requires rooting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    im assuming 2.0 still requires rooting?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Yes
    Sure wouldn't think so based on how they market 1.5 vs 2.0 on the site.

Can anybody confirm this for a fact?

From the site:

Download (2.0.0 w/ Installer)
    Download instructions are available in the forum: forum.mytether.net.

Download (1.5.0 / Requires Root)
    Root into your Pre and type:
    wget -qO- http://mytether.net/install.php | /bin/sh
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    Sure wouldn't think so based on how they market 1.5 vs 2.0 on the site.

Can anybody confirm this for a fact?

From the site:

Download (2.0.0 w/ Installer)
    Download instructions are available in the forum: forum.mytether.net.

Download (1.5.0 / Requires Root)
    Root into your Pre and type:
    wget -qO- http://mytether.net/install.php | /bin/sh
    the installer is experimental and does not require rooting. ive got it to work none rooted pre when i restored mine. also i tried and didnt work after pre was rooted... it is experimental didnt play with it enough might just work for you.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the installer is experimental and does not require rooting. ive got it to work none rooted pre when i restored mine. also i tried and didnt work after pre was rooted... it is experimental didnt play with it enough might just work for you.
    Thought so; thanks for sharing your experience!

Can't wait until the final 2.0 is out.
    thanks so much, this is going to impress my students so much...hahahaha
    Wow! I've been eye balling this application since development but had held off due to rooting. Finally took the plunge, took 5 minutes and I'm tethered over Wifi. Thanks a lot!

Is there any advantage to tether over Bluetooth as opposed to Wifi? Faster speeds?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Sorry, I forgot about the installer.