Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazz View Post
    just stays on
    "starting wi-fi tethering...."
    for me forever
    installed shell.
    restarted pre.
    Still same issue.
    You disabled WiFi on your phone first and then enabled DHCP correct?
    killerSiafu
    Quote Originally Posted by killersiafu View Post
    Did you enable DHCP? Did you get a notification saying Tethering has been enabled? And are you seeing the following in the myTether app:

Enabling WiFi Tethering...

Enabling Ad-Hoc WiFi

Network: AoNet

Tethering ON
    yes it says all of that the usbnet is enabled too..well now it is but i tried it both ways and no dice...
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    probably not a good idea. its your call... i believe there is a 5gig cap. if there isnt one, all it will do is **** off sprint and no more tethering for anyone. its ment for browsing the full web im email and all that fun stuff perhaps simple gaming like starcraft or whatever but not so much for music download video streaming and major torrents. but its your call i am not here to police anyone just figured id throw that out there.
    I agree. Please don't start using it to the point that it will trigger flags in their system and ruin it for all of us. Just browse the web and be happy you can do it! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Did you enable DHCP? Did you get a notification saying Tethering has been enabled? And are you seeing the following in the myTether app:

Enabling WiFi Tethering...

Enabling Ad-Hoc WiFi

Network: AoNet

Tethering ON
    yes it looks like that. yes tethering is enables yes dhcp is enabled...
    hey i did exactly what u wrote and it just starts all over again but wikth out the extrassss > (
    probably not a good idea. its your call... i believe there is a 5gig cap. if there isnt one, all it will do is **** off sprint and no more tethering for anyone. its ment for browsing the full web im email and all that fun stuff perhaps simple gaming like starcraft or whatever but not so much for music download video streaming and major torrents. but its your call i am not here to police anyone just figured id throw that out there.
    There is only a 5gig cap on the USB cards for the computer and the tethering PLANS, not for cell phones though. This method is still unlimited data. Yah i thought about the torrents more and decided not to do it because i dont want everybody doing it then the cell phones get capped and our data gets capped/terminated/restricted
    Quote Originally Posted by xyther4523 View Post
    There is only a 5gig cap on the USB cards for the computer and the tethering PLANS, not for cell phones though. This method is still unlimited data. Yah i thought about the torrents more and decided not to do it because i dont want everybody doing it then the cell phones get capped and our data gets capped/terminated/restricted
    Good call figured you would reconsider it
    MatterOfFactJack
    I've got it to work well on my Mac, but when the screen on the Pre sleeps, the data connection stops working (shows that it's still connected though.) Is this norm? Do I just have to keep the screen on?
    Good call figured you would reconsider it

I just want to add that i confirmed the unlimited data AND tethering (since we arent on a tethering plan we arent capped) with 3 sprint reps. So alls good!
    I just want to add that i confirmed the unlimited data AND tethering (since we arent on a tethering plan we arent capped) with 3 sprint reps. So alls good!
    Sweet glad you checked.. That's what the case was when I called sprint a few years back. Which Is why I wasn't so sertin in my oroginal post to you. Unlike others who are always saying there is which is fine
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorguy View Post
    I've got it to work well on my Mac, but when the screen on the Pre sleeps, the data connection stops working (shows that it's still connected though.) Is this norm? Do I just have to keep the screen on?
    For now, you either have to keep the screen on, use usb tethering, or try it on the touchstone charger (I'm not sure if it stays active on the touchstone or not). The new release of the application, which should be coming out soon, has an option to keep your screen active while you're tethering (as well as some other cool features) so sit tight. I'm sure aonic will update the thread with the details soon.
    killerSiafu
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    mine always says that i ,need to close the wifi connection to tether over adhoc?! and then when i try to turn the wifi tethering, it just sits there saying "enabling wifi connection", any help?
    For now, you either have to keep the screen on, use usb tethering, or try it on the touchstone charger (I'm not sure if it stays active on the touchstone or not). The new release of the application, which should be coming out soon, has an option to keep your screen active while you're tethering (as well as some other cool features) so sit tight. I'm sure aonic will update the thread with the details soon.
    if you want to wifi tether just keep the pre charging one way or another.. touch stone or wall charger or car charger or charge off laptop it doesnt matter. that way your wifi will stay active. you can also mod the screen lock app to keep your phone's screen on constantly. there is instructions on the wiki however it requires root access.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/..._after_X"_time

Quote Originally Posted by crg84 View Post
    mine always says that i ,need to close the wifi connection to tether over adhoc?! and then when i try to turn the wifi tethering, it just sits there saying "enabling wifi connection", any help?
    you need to install using root (terminal) just like the instructions in the OP say with running the command no other install method will work.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Thank you!
    Jack, can you PM me? Need to ask you a question. thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefickus View Post
    I only have 2 USB ports. I have one that I use for my printer, and the other I use for my mouse when I decide to use one externally. That's why I want to keep them free and available for use.

As for my answer being on every other page, I guess that narrows my reading down fro 78 pages to 39.... Thanks...
    Um... No it doesnt'. It narrows your reading down to 2. Because if its on every other page, you should see it on the next page. Logic my friend, logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    How much do I need to donate to get the non rooted version? also does it come with instructions on how to install?
    Also how long before I will get the non rooted version? I would like to be able to tether tomorrow
    The normal donation amount is $10. There is a link on the first post of this thread that will take you to the pay pal page.
    Last edited by killersiafu; 08/02/2009 at 08:25 PM.
    killerSiafu
    wow, finally found great easy instructions for rooting and this was the first app to go on, so easy! Awesome app. . thanks aonic!
    Thank you very much i been putting off rooting unless i had to but now that i needed to for this app (internet at home is down for 3 days) works good with Windows 7 and vista usb is good wifi is good but wifi kills the battery kinda fast :P but again thank you for all your hard work... next pay check i will be sending you some money... also for wifi what is the normal range you can expect to get with this? i notice its about 50 foot open space... I think that's due to the lack of power on the wifi chip in the pre...
    Jack, sorry I cant respond back to your PM, but you can call me on my GV at 559 497-6623. Thanks