Page 76 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 4339
  1. #1501  
    Yikes! I need Help.

    My pre is currently plugged in and in the process of rooting.. it says that everything is installed ok, and I check my pre and i see the MY TETHER APP..

    question is.. how do i safely remove my pre??

    I'm not gonna do anything till i hear back.. just gonna let it charge..

    thanks.
  2. #1502  
    Quote Originally Posted by nitty917 View Post
    oh crap i used some Mac install, sideload app, drag and drop.
    How are the Mac guys doin it
    The mac should be the same way. Ssh into the pre or novacom. Then sudo -i to get root if ssh is used.

    You should be
    root@castle#

    Then issue the wget command in the first post of this thread.
  3. nitty917's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #1503  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Root I'm going to start working on a mac installer soon
    ill donate to that asap.
  4.    #1504  
    Quote Originally Posted by spcs700wx View Post
    Yikes! I need Help.

    My pre is currently plugged in and in the process of rooting.. it says that everything is installed ok, and I check my pre and i see the MY TETHER APP..

    question is.. how do i safely remove my pre??

    I'm not gonna do anything till i hear back.. just gonna let it charge..

    thanks.
    Just type exit and hit enter

    Quote Originally Posted by nitty917 View Post
    ill donate to that asap.
    Just got access to a macbook
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  5. #1505  
    I miss this thread. haha been a little busy but looks like a lot of the kind folk using the app are helping support it. I am very happy to see that. . Aonic has done a terrific job and continues to astonish's us all as he keeps evolving the app.
    MatterOfFactJack
  6. #1506  
    Following the pre dev wiki: USBnet networking setup on the first post, I find the place to download the 32 bit usbnet-pre windows driver to be a text file filled with jargon I don't follow. I am looking for the .inf file so my computers can hook up to my pre via usb and be tethered. Am I missing something here.

    Bear with me, I think I am fairly computer savvy and I am seeing everyone understanding this stuff so I already feel dumb.
  7. #1507  
    Quote Originally Posted by vicini View Post
    Following the pre dev wiki: USBnet networking setup on the first post, I find the place to download the 32 bit usbnet-pre windows driver to be a text file filled with jargon I don't follow. I am looking for the .inf file so my computers can hook up to my pre via usb and be tethered. Am I missing something here.

    Bear with me, I think I am fairly computer savvy and I am seeing everyone understanding this stuff so I already feel dumb.
    when i downloaded mine it was an inf.. i think in the download process you ended up some how changing the extension when saving the file... just change the extension of the file to............. xxxxxx.inf rather then xxxxxx.txt keep in mind to that the download driver for usbnet is for winxp not vista
    MatterOfFactJack
  8. #1508  
    Google Chrome strikes again.
    Using Internet Explore, it worked as intended.
  9. Ahmado78's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1509  
    do we still have to root our pre or can we use WebOS Quick Install to install this app?
  10. #1510  
    Quote Originally Posted by vicini View Post
    Google Chrome strikes again.
    Using Internet Explore, it worked as intended.
    lol dont blame chrome. i did it with chrome.. its been my main browser for almost a year now works great. as for ie i only use it when reinstalling windows to get chrome lol.. well for windows update to i guess.

    it might of been more of a USERERROR those happen a lot ... just teasing you. glad it worked... if you open the inf with notepad the jargon should be the same as that txt file lol.... so i think it was an extension issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmado78 View Post
    do we still have to root our pre or can we use WebOS Quick Install to install this app?
    must root
    MatterOfFactJack
  11. #1511  
    I have had chrome for a long time and I love it, but if something is not working for an inexplicable reason, I try IE and it works. Clicking a hyperlink is fool proof, but I guess I was a fool.
  12. #1512  
    After reading a few things, I was able to easily root the Pre and get this app going !

    Worked very well !

    Ill make sure to slip you a paypal donation.

    Thanks aonic !
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
  13. #1513  
    I dont know if this has been addressed in this thread (I'm not reading 76 pages worth of posts).

    You can get a secure connection by using bluetooth instead of WiFi. Simply enable USB tethering on the My Tether app on your Pre and pair the phone with your computer. After the computer and the phone are paired, click the bluetooth icon on your Mac, scroll down to your phone and select "connect to network". You can also go directly to Network Preferences and select Bluetooth PAN to connect.

    Even better, your connection WILL NOT disconnect when your Pre goes to sleep/standby mode. Similar to bluetooth headphones, you can still listen to your music player on your stereo bluetooth headphones when the pre is in standby mode.

    Wifi may be quicker, but personally, I find the two advantages above in favor of bluetooth over wifi.
  14. #1514  
    Quote Originally Posted by creativemeat View Post
    I dont know if this has been addressed in this thread (I'm not reading 76 pages worth of posts).

    You can get a secure connection by using bluetooth instead of WiFi. Simply enable USB tethering on the My Tether app on your Pre and pair the phone with your computer. After the computer and the phone are paired, click the bluetooth icon on your Mac, scroll down to your phone and select "connect to network". You can also go directly to Network Preferences and select Bluetooth PAN to connect.

    Even better, your connection WILL NOT disconnect when your Pre goes to sleep/standby mode. Similar to bluetooth headphones, you can still listen to your music player on your stereo bluetooth headphones when the pre is in standby mode.

    Wifi may be quicker, but personally, I find the two advantages above in favor of bluetooth over wifi.
    addressed in OP
    MatterOfFactJack
  15. #1515  
    need help!

    sorry guys, i don't want to go through 76 pages of info. i am a noob to all this tethering and networking and need some help. i installed all the drivers for my vista 32-bit and i have no idea how the usbnet connects to my comp. i have the palm connected to my laptop and i enabled usb tethering, but it still won't connect. i am almost considering just doing wifi because it's so much easier, but i fear that others will use my wifi as well. can someone please help me and guide me in the right direction? btw, i will be donating tomorrow. thanks.
  16. tamvegas's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #1516  
    After 2 days I got wifi tethering to work. I was trying with novaterm to set up and all looked good, but no internet access. Finally noticed that I needed novacom for win 7 32 and got the proper prompt! Couldn't copy and paste the script (is that normal?) so typed it in. And got a good internet connection.




    Thanks aonic! A donation will be forthcoming
  17. #1517  
    Aonic,

    THANKS for your help getting it to work - I am connected thru my Pre right now!

    Everyone, I'm trying to understand how My Tether works, since I had to play around with MT a bit to make it work:

    1. Since installing MT a "VirtualBox Host-Only" network showed up. I doesn't seem to allow me to connect to the web, and it never goes away even after I stopped the Novacom service. What is that? Should I set Novacom to start automatically or manual?

    2. When I connected the Pre via USB cable I got a "Local Area Connection 2", yeah!!

    3. For reasons of ignorance I had both USB and WiFi tethering enabled on the Pre, which broke my wireless connection of the laptop to my home WiFi router. The Pre still seemed connected to WiFi. Why on the laptop but not the Pre?

    3. When I turned off WiFi in My Tether and stayed plugged in thru the USB cable, my connection to the web was stable thru my Home WiFi, Pre or both.

    What is the USB vs the WiFi functionality on My Tether?

    I thought My Tether can be used via USB cable, via Bluetooth and via Wifi Hotspot. How do I get these different functions to work?

    Again, thanks so much!!
  18. #1518  
    Thanks aonic! I had them both enabled because I wanted to check the connection on each by just enabling and disabling in my computer's network connections.
    Now I'm having another problem that just started coming up. Every time I connect my pre to the computer via usb, it recognizes it as new hardware, and prompts me to install it again. Anyone else having this issue? I figured that once I had installed the drivers originally I wouldn't have to continue to do so every time. Probably an easy fix, and I'm just retarded.
    btw, just donated aonic. It's funny, I don't think I would enjoy paying $10 for adeveloped app that popped up in the app catalog, but I have absolutey no problem sending $10 your way for the work you've done. Keep it up!
  19. jason5391's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #1519  
    Is this supposed to allow me to use the Pre as a modem to connect my laptop to the Sprint network? It seems to only connect to my wi-fi. Is there a way that I can connect my Pre to my laptop via usb and then use it to connect my laptop to the internet via the Sprint network? Maybe I'm confused about how this works. I have it installed and it seems to be working. I have wi-fi turned off, DHCP enabled and the USBNet driver installed. A little help please.
  20. #1520  
    I used fileCoaster to install the ipk file net.aonic.my-tether_1.5.0_all.ipk . Install went fine. when i try to enable Wifi tethering it just sits there. I have rebooted my Pre. Any ideas on why it wont enable Wifi tethering? Do i need to also install USBNet?
    Last edited by rogersda; 07/31/2009 at 10:17 AM.

Posting Permissions