Page 75 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by photoc4js View Post
    well... I tried it, showed the root prompt, couldn't paste the command line, so I typed it out... it's giving me an error saying invalid option, then returning to the root prompt. I saw that it gave me the different options, but the command looks fine. BUT, in the options it gives.. it has -q for quiet, and -0 save to filename, but the command that was given to paste shows "-q0-" any ideas?

It should be the letter (O) not the number (0) as you have shown. That is probably your error, and yes you will have to type it out.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    It should be the letter (O) not the number (0) as you have shown. That is probably your error, and yes you will have to type it out.
    BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks alot!
    How do I get access to 2.0?!?
    Vicini... Like he said 3 pages back. "DONATE" and you will have access to 2.0
    Correction. One page back (page 74)

"2.0.0 is where I add experimental features, donors get access to them as a thank you from me for donating to support the development."

The donation link is on page 1
    Let me be more specific, I donated...
    Now, how do i get access to 2.0.
    That is in the title of my post btw
    Quote Originally Posted by vicini View Post
    I imagine he will send you an email with a link to download it. Give it time...

On a related note, is this 1.5.0 the last free version? I am curious if I donate and he releases 2.0 free version, do I have to donate again? I don't care either way. I just want this with security options.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions on setting up the usb driver and I get to the last part but it's unable to start the driver (yes I point it to the INF file). So I have "Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget with a yellow exclamation (during the process my palm novacom also goes from installed to a yellow exclamation then it gets 're-installed' and its fine). When I point it to the INF (windows xp x86 here) the windows dialog box is grayed out like it does not see the INF file as being a good one for a network card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    I followed the instructions on setting up the usb driver and I get to the last part but it's unable to start the driver (yes I point it to the INF file). So I have "Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget with a yellow exclamation (during the process my palm novacom also goes from installed to a yellow exclamation then it gets 're-installed' and its fine). When I point it to the INF (windows xp x86 here) the windows dialog box is grayed out like it does not see the INF file as being a good one for a network card.
    Are you running Windows XP with SP2? If so, that's the problem. There seems to be an incompatibility. You will need to install SP3 to resolve it...
    Quote Originally Posted by vicini View Post
    Sorry. You are right. It was in the title. I completely missed that.

I believe he will send you an email with that info.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    got it installed but, it just stuck at

Enabling Wifi Tethering.....
    Hey Aonic, i have a strange problem, I have the program working fine with bluetooth and wifi on my mac. But i changed the wep password and now it will not work on wifi, I can still log on if their is not wep but when i change the password and select the network and put in the wep password it doesnt work. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Will you eventually have something that will install via fileCoaster? I love the way that works but can also install via the SDK from my laptop.
    Hey team, could someone help me?!

Win Vista 32

I have everything installed as described in post No#1 including Installation of USBnet with the Microsoft Corporation driver. I can't find Bluetooth on my laptop (even though I thought my HP Pavilion dv9543cl had it), so when I connect the Pre with the USB cable, another network shows up in the Network and Sharing Center. Problem, it also turns off my other WiFi connection, and i'm left without any internet connection.

I have played with the settings in My Tether but nothing changes ...

I have looked in Taskmanager, found NovacomD in Services, but it doesn't allow me to delete it, as post No#1460 suggested.

Please help. Thanks!
  15.    #1495  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    I imagine he will send you an email with a link to download it. Give it time...

On a related note, is this 1.5.0 the last free version? I am curious if I donate and he releases 2.0 free version, do I have to donate again? I don't care either way. I just want this with security options.
    Yes I send all emails by hand, can get delayed when I'm away from a computer I will keep adding features to the free version, I plan on adding a static WEP key to 1.5.0 when I can make some time to test the change I've already made for it. Donors will never have to donate for future verions

Quote Originally Posted by nitty917 View Post
    got it installed but, it just stuck at

Enabling Wifi Tethering.....
    You need to install TetherService, please follow the instructions from the first post, you cant use the SDK install or fileCoaster.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberelex View Post
    Hey Aonic, i have a strange problem, I have the program working fine with bluetooth and wifi on my mac. But i changed the wep password and now it will not work on wifi, I can still log on if their is not wep but when i change the password and select the network and put in the wep password it doesnt work. Any ideas?
    Is the password 5 or 13 characters? Please post the donor version questions on the donor forums to keep things from getting mixed up

Quote Originally Posted by rogeratm View Post
    Will you eventually have something that will install via fileCoaster? I love the way that works but can also install via the SDK from my laptop.
    The WebOS Quick Install guy is apparently working on a guide on installing My Tether using his tool.

Quote Originally Posted by liggy View Post
    Hey team, could someone help me?!

Win Vista 32

I have everything installed as described in post No#1 including Installation of USBnet with the Microsoft Corporation driver. I can't find Bluetooth on my laptop (even though I thought my HP Pavilion dv9543cl had it), so when I connect the Pre with the USB cable, another network shows up in the Network and Sharing Center. Problem, it also turns off my other WiFi connection, and i'm left without any internet connection.

I have played with the settings in My Tether but nothing changes ...

I have looked in Taskmanager, found NovacomD in Services, but it doesn't allow me to delete it, as post No#1460 suggested.

Please help. Thanks!
    Right click My Computer > Manage > Services > find Palm Novacom > Right Click > Stop
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Aonic.
    Tetherservice, is that a separate ipk?
    Maybe the way I installed it didnt get it all on my Pre? Lost ...
  17.    #1497  
    If you use the wget command from the first post it will take care of install TetherService along with My Tether
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    oh crap i used some Mac install, sideload app, drag and drop.
    How are the Mac guys doin it
  19.    #1499  
    Root I'm going to start working on a mac installer soon
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Hi All,

If you use this app, and you have not donated then you are a fool. Aonic has done a great job on this and he diserve all the support that he can get.

Thank you again Aonic