Page 72 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 4339
  1.    #1421  
    palmprewannabe did you toggle WiFi tether to OFF before closing My Tether?
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    I thought i did but i will re install and see how it goes
    OK reinstalled it is working awesome now... and i think i know what was wrong...i did not not "exit" out of root i just closed the terminal before thats seems to be why the wifi was so sporadic...so yep awesome job aonic.. (post made possible by my tether)
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    This is a great app - the most useful so far for me.

I would like to request the ability to change the name of the wifi network. Not sure if this is on the roadmap, but I don't see a roadmap anywhere.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    OK, if this has been asked and answered, sorry. BIG Thread. so with 1.5 we need to install YOUR service. However, when we install your service you say it will uninstall the webosinternals service. What if I don't WANT to uninstall that service? Or do you mean 1.5 just won't use it still?
    <333333333333333
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I installed the file on my pre and trying to get Putty to connect to my Pre. When i used my wifi IP i get a Network Error, connection refused. I have my router set up with no security and when i try the EVDO i get a time out issue? Any ideas.
    You don't need putty to use mytether. Nor do you need a router.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    dont you need it to run the command line?

wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    O I thought you meant you installed mytether sorry. Yes you need to connect to the pre via putty. Make sure you have the port and ip of the pre correct if you followed the wiki the port is 222. You set the ip in wifi settings on the pre.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I could sudo the command under my created user name and putty. I had to novaterm into root to do it.

is that normal?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    when i put in my ip and change to 222 i get a timeout issue connecting. any thoughts?
    1.5 installed.
    My usb tether was working, but I could not get my wifi to work. It said I was connected, but I was not getting any internet connection. After messing around with it I finally got wifi to work by right clicking on the wireless network connection, and then checking the box by "Allow other network usersto connect through this computer's Internet connection."

Finally!!! WiFi!!!!
    Except....now I lost my usb tether. I don't have the "Local Area Connection2" that I had before to enable usb tethering. My Tether is WiFi enabled, USB enabled, and has DHCP and USBNET on. I am not a networking pro by any means. I usually just work my way through things with the help of forums and tutorials like these (btw, thanks everyone for helping me root my pre. It was incredibly easy, if not a bit nerve-racking!)
    Can someone here please explain to a novice what might be going on here, and also give a quick outline of how having USBNet on or off, and having both USB and WiFi tethering on may affect each other? Like what is the difference between having USBNet on and having it off.
    Also, I want to say thank you to everyone on this site for their advice and willingness to help, and HUGE ups to aonic and every other developer out there working on these homebrews. It is awesome what you are doing not only to bring apps to the pre, but also to unite and build this community of pre owners. I know it gets me excited to see the evolution of apps, from the beginning with Simply FlipFlops to incredible apps like this and fileCoaster. I wish I had the programming knowledge that you guys have. Keep up the fantastic work. I can't wait to see what the next few months will bring!
    wow i bet this question was asked 1,000,000 times, but this thread is huge. anyway, i've gotten to the point where my notification bar says "Wifi Tethering is enabled" however, my pre doesn't show up as an available wireless network...

am i missing something?

anyway, i just wanna thank everyone who is involved in pre app scene. This site is amazing, and i'm having a blast making an already great phone even better.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 07/29/2009 at 08:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Sorry if this was already asked but I have accessed Linux on my pre and applied this patch

Bookmarking MediaPlayer - WebOS Internals

and love it because I can keep track of where I am on my podcasts and audio books. I have my tether 1.2.4 installed right now. If I apply 2.0 (I donated before) will the media player bookmarks stop working (that would suck)?

If I have my pre on read only why is webosinternals a security risk? Can someone provide me with the cliff notes on what all the fuss is about? Thanks again aonic for all of your hard work.
    Ah man. I finally got the nerve to go ahead and do it, same process as before but instead of saying castle is says:

root@qemux86 (not sure if its a Q or a G)

Any ideas?

oh and typing exit and then enter does not close my terminal at all. it just sits there like nothing happened except goes a line down of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    Ah man. I finally got the nerve to go ahead and do it, same process as before but instead of saying castle is says:

root@qemux86 (not sure if its a Q or a G)

Any ideas?

oh and typing exit and then enter does not close my terminal at all. it just sits there like nothing happened except goes a line down of course.
    you are int the sdk emulator not the pre. Shut down the emulater and try again.
    WOOT!!! That was too freakin easy, Im posting right now from my WiFi connection! speedtest says im pulling over 1.5mbps! Now on to the USB driver piece....and just like everyone says, just stay plugged into power and you will not lose your connection when your phone sleeps. Thanks again to all the people (AONIC) who answered my silly questions!