Page 70 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 4339
  1. atlanta's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    #1381  
    Lmfaoo the iphone fanboys here at work are jealous, one of them was amazed when he could use my internet at work...
  2. #1382  
    Got it installed using Accessing Linux From Windows - WebOS Internals

    Windows 7 64bit. Works great. Both USB and wifi tethering. Will send donation today.
  3. Jeffdc5's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #1383  


    Pretty good speed on my macbook i only get 3 bars in my room.
  4. #1384  
    i just downloaded this app and it looks pretty well built.. i cant wait to try it out.. if i could no just get the 27,000 viruses off my laptop i will be golden... yes i said 27,000+ viruses.. :/

    Great App.. keep up the great work!
  5. Jeffdc5's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #1385  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonn95 View Post
    i just downloaded this app and it looks pretty well built.. i cant wait to try it out.. if i could no just get the 27,000 viruses off my laptop i will be golden... yes i said 27,000+ viruses.. :/

    Great App.. keep up the great work!
    damn i don't miss windows at all
  6. #1386  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
    You can not copy and paste in Novaterm, which makes it hard to use. I initially used it and just typed out the commands.

    When you log in and are at root@castle - type "pwd" - this shows what directory your in. Also try - "whoami" - this will confirm that you are in as root. Try a different 'listing command" "ls" shows all directories/files in alphabetical order.
    Thanks Mike for the info. Here is another weird thing. It never asked me for a user name or password.

    I am wondering if Im using the wrong instructions?

    Accessing Linux Using Novaterm - WebOS Internals

    I know I also didnt understand the the palm-install piece, but I was assuming that the novaterm took place of that. Am I wrong here too? When I go to the instructions listed at the beginning of this thread it says to use the above. Should I still follow the old directions, the one using the WebOS image, putty and python or can I use the link above? It seems much easier. I could get to what I thought was root in a matter of a minute with novaterm. I felt SO close for a second when I seen root@castle too! I want to get this installed so I can donate to help Aonic with the next greatest app!
  7. #1387  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonn95 View Post
    i just downloaded this app and it looks pretty well built.. i cant wait to try it out.. if i could no just get the 27,000 viruses off my laptop i will be golden... yes i said 27,000+ viruses.. :/

    Great App.. keep up the great work!
    Wow! Damn I Love my Macbook!
  8. #1388  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdc5 View Post


    Pretty good speed on my macbook i only get 3 bars in my room.
    Hey Jeff, on the mac, did you have to do anything with your internet settings. i am only able to connect by bluetooth, my wifi doesnt seem to be working.
  9. #1389  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    I could get to what I thought was root in a matter of a minute with novaterm. I felt SO close for a second when I seen root@castle too! I want to get this installed so I can donate to help Aonic with the next greatest app!
    That was it! You had root and you didn't even know it. "root@castle:/#" is the root prompt.

    Congratulations! Betcha thought it was going to be harder to "root" the device. That's why it's just called "accessing Linux".
  10. #1390  
    I'm completely Linux stupid but I took the dnsmasq.palm.conf file saved it to the USB drive and edited it in Python and reloaded it back into Linux. It was pretty easy. haha.
  11.    #1391  
    Sorry if i missed any questions, i'll come back and reply later as well. Thanks for the feedback everyone

    TheIowaKid that was it! when you see "root@castle:/#" just type the command from the first post of this thread and hit enter!
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  12. #1392  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Sorry if i missed any questions, i'll come back and reply later as well. Thanks for the feedback everyone

    TheIowaKid that was it! when you see "root@castle:/#" just type the command from the first post of this thread and hit enter!
    I was hoping but when I typed in to see the directories it didnt match anything like what they showed here Accessing Linux Using Novaterm - WebOS Internals at number 8.

    Also it never asked me for a user name or password when i connected to local host. That seems to differ from everything I have read, and even though my phone was in developer mode during this (when I seen root) my phone could still recieve text, calls and emails as normal. I thought it was supposed to turn all of the radios off at this point.
  13. #1393  
    I am using windows xp. I have the My Tether installed via root and the drivers installed in xp. in network connections i have a icon that says im connected to linux usb ethernet.rndis gadget#2 but do not have internet.

    runing ipconfig on xp is can find the pre at ethernet adapter palm pre 192.168.0.11 subnet 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.0.202.


    tcp/ip properties on xp are set as follows ip 192.168.0.11 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.0.202

    DNS is on use the following DNS server addresses and they are blank. i dont know what to put here.


    yet i cant ssh into the pre from putty via usb using 192.168.0.202 port 222 or the ip same port..

    I can use novaproxy to connect to the pre through raw.

    what am i doing wrong.
  14. #1394  
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    You guys did not read the instructions and installed from root. If you do not have root access to your Pre, this will not work.
    i went through terminal to get My tethering on my pre. IDK what else to do.
    again im using a mac
  15.    #1395  
    cleaninteriors turn off the novacomd service. it interferes with USBnet
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  16. #1396  
    yes i did do that already. my icon says my palm pre is connected speed of 9.7 Mbps yet no internet. I cant fig this out.

    thanks
  17. #1397  
    the iowakid, i am in the exact same situation you are, never asked me for password or nothing, can anyone tell me how to change it, the instructions never tell you. but my real question is when I type in the code in the first post I get something like this

    wget invalid option --0
    busybox v 1.11 multi call binary
    retrieve files via http or ftp

    a bunch of options to save to filename use proxy (on/off)

    what am i doing wrong, do you have to save my.tether.ipk in certain place
  18. Jeffdc5's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #1398  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberelex View Post
    Hey Jeff, on the mac, did you have to do anything with your internet settings. i am only able to connect by bluetooth, my wifi doesnt seem to be working.
    just enable wifi tethering and on your macbook click on the wifi simble and under devices pick aonet
  19.    #1399  
    Quote Originally Posted by cleaninteriors View Post
    yes i did do that already. my icon says my palm pre is connected speed of 9.7 Mbps yet no internet. I cant fig this out.

    thanks
    I can use novaproxy to connect to the pre through raw. since you can do that, that means novacomd is still running. the SDK installs novacomd, go to your task manager and kill novacomd.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    I was hoping but when I typed in to see the directories it didnt match anything like what they showed here Accessing Linux Using Novaterm - WebOS Internals at number 8.

    Also it never asked me for a user name or password when i connected to local host. That seems to differ from everything I have read, and even though my phone was in developer mode during this (when I seen root) my phone could still recieve text, calls and emails as normal. I thought it was supposed to turn all of the radios off at this point.
    No dont worry about all that, if you see the prompt just enter in the command

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistermarc View Post
    the iowakid, i am in the exact same situation you are, never asked me for password or nothing, can anyone tell me how to change it, the instructions never tell you. but my real question is when I type in the code in the first post I get something like this

    wget invalid option --0
    busybox v 1.11 multi call binary
    retrieve files via http or ftp

    a bunch of options to save to filename use proxy (on/off)

    what am i doing wrong, do you have to save my.tether.ipk in certain place
    What exactly did you type in
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  20. #1400  
    thanks it was my dns setup. i am up and running. thanks

Posting Permissions