Page 7 of 217 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 4339
  1. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    s4mb4: Try toggling DHCP off and on after enabling wifi tether.

    andidendel: thank you! 1.2 seems to be good so far

    mike: usbnet doesnt seem to be sticking for you, go in as root and type these commands:
    Code:
    usbnet enable
    reboot
    no, still get a 169 network.
  2. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #122  
    starting over and trying again....man, i HATE that it takes 2 minutes to reboot this phone.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Is there any way to do this without having to root the phone? I am running 1.0.4. I really don't want to take the chance of screwing things up, but will if I need to. There doesn't seem to be an easy to way to root the phone from the emulator it appears.
    You had to root in to install the shell anyway, so its just one more time

    VitViper: my dhcp detection works using the modification my program makes. but i guess my dhcp over wifi is buggy still in 1.2

    bgc42169: the wifi tethering is doing just that

    s4mb4: dont sweat the dhcp on wifi, probably a bug on my end. thanks for the testing! just make sure usb tethering is still functional in 1.2
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  4. VitViper's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    VitViper: maybe your old dhcp is conflicting with my dhcp settings, my dhcp detection works using the modification my program makes.
    Not sure why it would conflict... I'm not changing anything for eth0, just usb0... And I noticed your modification. How are you packaging your ipk? I wanted to peak at what your DHCP changes were doing and had to SSH my phone to view the script instead of gunzip'ing the ipk...
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    You had to root in to install the shell anyway, so its just one more time

    VitViper: my dhcp detection works using the modification my program makes. but i guess my dhcp over wifi is buggy still in 1.2

    bgc42169: the wifi tethering is doing just that

    s4mb4: dont sweat the dhcp on wifi, probably a bug on my end. thanks for the testing! just make sure usb tethering is still functional in 1.2
    Ah, that's my problem! I didn't root in to install the shell - I did it through the emulator.

    Sorry, I thought the 1st page explicitly said I didn't have to root the phone if I used the emulator to install the app. You might correct the fisrt post so everyone knows they have to root the phone to get tethering to work.
  6. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Ah, that's my problem! I didn't root in to install the shell - I did it through the emulator.

    Sorry, I thought the 1st page explicitly said I didn't have to root the phone if I used the emulator to install the app. You might correct the fisrt post so everyone knows they have to root the phone to get tethering to work.
    it actually does say that. what it does not say is to NOT use the sdk to install the webosinternal thingy.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    it actually does say that. what it does not say is to NOT use the sdk to install the webosinternal thingy.




    Thanks...

    PS Here's the part my eyes saw and I ignored the text above:

    Install using Palm SDK:
    net.aonic.my-tether_1.1.1_all.ipk and org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk

    It looks like the latter should be installed using the SDK...
  8.    #128  
    Just uploaded an updated 1.2.0 to the same address, try updating and see if dhcp works in wifi
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  9. sushi's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #129  
    Trying it now, but can't see the WiFi adhoc network. Disabled WiFi before starting tethering, then reenabled.

    Do I need to forget the existing network it connects to?
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post


    Thanks...

    PS Here's the part my eyes saw and I ignored the text above:

    Install using Palm SDK:
    net.aonic.my-tether_1.1.1_all.ipk and org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk

    It looks like the latter should be installed using the SDK...
    Is there anyway to package webosinternals so that it can install via SDK/emulator?
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    Trying it now, but can't see the WiFi adhoc network. Disabled WiFi before starting tethering, then reenabled.

    Do I need to forget the existing network it connects to?
    no, just need to disable wifi connection. s4mb4 might be able to give more insight into this
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  12. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #132  
    Make sure that your windows wireless network settings are set to allow you to connect to an adhoc network. It may be set to infrastructure only.
  13. sushi's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    no, just need to disable wifi connection. s4mb4 might be able to give more insight into this
    I did finally see the adhoc network on my wife's laptop. So we need to leave the internal WiFi switch off? What about the USBNet - enabled as well?
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    I did finally see the adhoc network on my wife's laptop. So we need to leave the internal WiFi switch off? What about the USBNet - enabled as well?
    USBNet is not needed for wifi. Whatever is needed and is not enabled, the app will ask you to enable, so dont worry
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  15. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #135  
    still no joy on DHCP....
    i will have to test on other platforms later. (where i can set a fixed IP for adhoc)
    what it the Pre's IP for gateway entry?
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    still no joy on DHCP....
    i will have to test on other platforms later. (where i can set a fixed IP for adhoc)
    what it the Pre's IP for gateway entry?
    ah the adhoc wifi ip is 192.168.1.1, i must be doing something wrong with the dhcp range config
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  17. VitViper's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #137  
    If I was at home I'd be of more help with the DHCP + Wifi ordeal. I feel like a gimp using Windows at work to test this.
  18.    #138  
    Right now im writing this into the dnsmasq conf, any of you dhcp ninjas wanna help with this?
    Code:
    interface=eth0
    dhcp-range=192.168.1.11,192.168.1.22,12h
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  19. VitViper's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Right now im writing this into the dnsmasq conf, any of you dhcp ninjas wanna help with this?
    Code:
    interface=eth0
    dhcp-range=192.168.1.11,192.168.1.22,12h
    That looks right. What are you writing into /etc/network/interfaces ? I don't remember what I saw previous and SSH'ing my device via EVDO is a pain... Compare it to the usb0 settings... I believe the DHCP-Range has to be on the same subnet as the address of your network adapter, and eth0 should be being set to a static web address.

    Better yet, why are we using the Pre as the AP unit? Normally when I've done AdHoc, I use the phone's built in WiFi to join it to an adhoc network i've created on my PC/Laptop.
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by VitViper View Post
    Better yet, why are we using the Pre as the AP unit? Normally when I've done AdHoc, I use the phone's built in WiFi to join it to an adhoc network i've created on my PC/Laptop.
    We're trying to use the phone EVDO connection as the WAN, so people can connect to the Pre's adhoc wifi from their laptop and browse the internet via the EVDO.

    The subnet is the same, the Pre's ip is 192.168.1.1 on the adhoc wifi
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!

Posting Permissions