Page 68 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4339
  1.    #1341  
    No one has complained about it, I make it clear right under the command that it will remove webosinternals.services. I'm sure the more advanced users can edit the script to take out the removal code. Everyday users probably shouldn't have something installed that allows any webos app to run root commands on their phone.

I'll be happy to put up a 2nd script that doesn't remove webosinternals.services if the demand is there for it.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Thank you cujoe!

hiren, do yo have DHCP enabled?
    Yes I do..but wouldn't it enable the DHCP if I turn on the WiFi tethering ON?
  3.    #1343  
    Check the "Options" menu to see DHCP is "ON"
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    No one has complained about it, I make it clear right under the command that it will remove webosinternals.services. I'm sure the more advanced users can edit the script to take out the removal code. Everyday users probably shouldn't have something installed that allows any webos app to run root commands on their phone.

I'll be happy to put up a 2nd script that doesn't remove webosinternals.services if the demand is there for it.
    Cool yea just was a thought and yea me being one of those advance users i know how some others might wonder why other apps arent working.... Good job on the app anyways
    You have been selected by the PreCentral's members as one of the top Homebrew Applications. Congratulations!

Here is the list:

1. My Notifications - set sounds for Pre alerts - Kaerey
    2. BlockDrop (was Pretris) - elchileno
    3. DevMode Launcher - no more codes to type! - cstucker
    4. Solitaire Card Game -t.tokarczyk01
    5. PrePackage: Package Tracking
    6. My Tether-Tether over WiFi, USB, and BT - aonic
    7. Translator - 20+ Languages - roar
    8. Dot Game - oil
    9. Stopwatch/Timer - sambao21
    10. Tip Calculator *Redux* -PreGame
    11. WxRad Animated Weather Radar -adsllc
    12. Dilbert/Garfield Daily Comics - roar
    13. Brickbreaker - kmax12
    14. Snake - roar
    15. Checkers -kesne
    16. Farts - CTL Advance
    17. PREtracker - GPS - kmax12
    18. Chess - rboatright
    19. Soundboard - sound effects machine - lrdavis4
    20. Scientific Calculator - rboatright

Thank you for everything you have done so far!

- Craig
    Thank you cujoe!

hiren, do yo have DHCP enabled?
    Check the "Options" menu to see DHCP is "ON"
    Right now its OFF. But when I turn on the Wifi tethering, it asks me to enable the DHCP.. should I say "Enable" it or "Cancel"..??
    Okay, so I installed this using terminal on a mac. Yes, I was rooted when I installed it. But every time I try to connect to it via wifi, no connection. Did I miss something that I need to configure on my Mac's airport settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    You have been selected by the PreCentral's members as one of the top Homebrew Applications. Congratulations!

Here is the list:

1. My Notifications - set sounds for Pre alerts - Kaerey
    2. BlockDrop (was Pretris) - elchileno
    3. DevMode Launcher - no more codes to type! - cstucker
    4. Solitaire Card Game -t.tokarczyk01
    5. PrePackage: Package Tracking
    6. My Tether-Tether over WiFi, USB, and BT - aonic
    7. Translator - 20+ Languages - roar
    8. Dot Game - oil
    9. Stopwatch/Timer - sambao21
    10. Tip Calculator *Redux* -PreGame
    11. WxRad Animated Weather Radar -adsllc
    12. Dilbert/Garfield Daily Comics - roar
    13. Brickbreaker - kmax12
    14. Snake - roar
    15. Checkers -kesne
    16. Farts - CTL Advance
    17. PREtracker - GPS - kmax12
    18. Chess - rboatright
    19. Soundboard - sound effects machine - lrdavis4
    20. Scientific Calculator - rboatright

Thank you for everything you have done so far!

- Craig
    Congratulations Aonic... Honestly I think this app should hold the number one slot.

Also Craig could you let us know how they came to the conclusion?
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    Right now its OFF. But when I turn on the Wifi tethering, it asks me to enable the DHCP.. should I say "Enable" it or "Cancel"..??
    enable it
    Last edited by jack87; 07/28/2009 at 02:28 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  9.    #1349  
    Thank you Craig!

hirenpathak enable it

Bill Zanetti enable DHCP
    Ok I enabled it and it still gives me the same message when I try to connect it to AoNet
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I'm sort of in the same jam Hiren is in . I'm using a Mac 10.5.7 OSX. Downloaded the app throught the novaterm root. Enabled Wifi. Turned on DCHP and USBnet. I get the AoNet on my computer and can select it in the Airport Wifi icon, but its not highlighted its greyed out and the computer will not load websites. Not sure what I missed. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Ok this is working now but several questions. (I'm writing this while tethered).
    1. In order for this to work I have to go to options turn on USBnet and DCHP causing the Pre to restart. After restarting everything works. Is this how its supposed to be?
    2. I stay connected as long as I don't let the Pre go to sleep. If the Pre goes to sleep I lose the connection and have to start the process all over again. I thought somebody noted that would happen but I couldn't remember?
    3. Is there a way to tell the Pre not to go to sleep?

Great App. Will definitely be donating. Thanks again, this Homebrew stuff is off the chain!
    I had this program working flawlessly for the past three weeks, but al of the sudden, I'm not able to connect using wifi as i was before. I have started getting the "wifidriver -i" message, but then shortly after that the program says "congradulation!!!! wifi is setup on your platform" But I amstill unable to connect. I did a search for "wifidriver -i" and "before you can use wifi again" and I can't seam to find a fix. Do I need to unistall and reinstall to get my tether to work again, or is there an easy fix for this issue. Does it have anything to do with the update? I'm desparate for an answer as I am internetless at work
  14.    #1354  
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    Ok I enabled it and it still gives me the same message when I try to connect it to AoNet
    Make sure your computers firewall is not blocking DHCP

Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Ok this is working now but several questions. (I'm writing this while tethered).
    1. In order for this to work I have to go to options turn on USBnet and DCHP causing the Pre to restart. After restarting everything works. Is this how its supposed to be?
    2. I stay connected as long as I don't let the Pre go to sleep. If the Pre goes to sleep I lose the connection and have to start the process all over again. I thought somebody noted that would happen but I couldn't remember?
    3. Is there a way to tell the Pre not to go to sleep?

Great App. Will definitely be donating. Thanks again, this Homebrew stuff is off the chain!
    Yes thats normal, im researching ways to prevent that, like Pandora's app

Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    I had this program working flawlessly for the past three weeks, but al of the sudden, I'm not able to connect using wifi as i was before. I have started getting the "wifidriver -i" message, but then shortly after that the program says "congradulation!!!! wifi is setup on your platform" But I amstill unable to connect. I did a search for "wifidriver -i" and "before you can use wifi again" and I can't seam to find a fix. Do I need to unistall and reinstall to get my tether to work again, or is there an easy fix for this issue. Does it have anything to do with the update? I'm desparate for an answer as I am internetless at work
    You should install the latest version of My Tether, 1.5.0 from the first post in this thread. Its very simple, just one line command
    WIFI ISSUE!

So all of you having problems with wifi... make sure your pre is not going to sleep when pre goes to sleep mode it kills your wifi connection. there is a wiki set of instructions to change the sleep timer on the pre. Also if you have your pre charging while wifi tethering it will not kill your wifi connection.

So looks like your pres are either going to sleep before you establish a wifi connection with them or shortly after resulting in the no internet after "connecting"
    MatterOfFactJack
    This is probably a stupid question but how does billing work with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by blt1025 View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but how does billing work with this?
    it is not reflected on your bill what so ever.
    Last edited by jack87; 07/28/2009 at 04:59 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    ok so I installed the new 'my tether" using root and everything installed perfect, but I still can't connect to it. Neither my netbook, not my friends iphone can connect. Both our devices can see the signal, but when we go to connect, it just say "waiting for network". I would just settle for using usb connection, but I have been unsuccessful with that approach from the very beggining. anyhelp would be apreciated. thanks
  19.    #1359  
    aairman23 did you enable DHCP?
    Aonic, thanks for the easy upgrade instructions to 1.50. You rock. This should be the #1 app.