Page 66 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 4339
    First of all, thanks for an awesome app. I love you like a fat kid loves cake.

So... I've run the script several times as root to install 1.5 of My Tether--the app shows up and it's definitely the new version, but whenever I click the switch it just says "Enabling WiFi Tethering..." and then nothing happens.

I've tried running it from terminal on my pre, I've tried running it through novaterm... I've done it over and over, rebooted several times, and it isn't working. The old version of My Tether was working fine under WebOS 1.0.4, then I updated to 1.1(never checked if My Tether still worked), then I installed with the script here. No idea why it won't go... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance
    Ok I rooted my pre just for this (and was surprised it only took like 2 mins).

This is the best tethering to date, I say this because my Ipod Touch is now a IPhone because of my Pre (I was never able to do that with any other ad-hoc method).

Only thing I noticed is, for your Ipod Touch to stay connected you pre can't go into sleep mode.

Not a big issue. This is grade A work bro.

Wifi > USB
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post

This is the best tethering to date, I say this because my Ipod Touch is now a IPhone because of my Pre (I was never able to do that with any other ad-hoc method).

Only thing I noticed is, for your Ipod Touch to stay connected you pre can't go into sleep mode.

Wifi > USB
    How do you get it to not go into sleep mode? Isn't 3-minutes of standby time the maximum?
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post

Wifi > USB
    When the New iPod touch comes out Im getting it to use the same why your using yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezdukie View Post
    How do you get it to not go into sleep mode? Isn't 3-minutes of standby time the maximum?
    I myself never had a problem with my Pre getting disconnected. And my screen is set to 30 sec I tether 30min-1 hour with no issues.
  6.    #1306  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncoffman View Post
    So I'm trying to upgrade on my rooted Pre, and I'm having some problem with the upgrade. The installation of 1.2.1 went perfectly by the book, so these problems were unexpected. I'm trying to run the command as super user, but the device doesn't seem to accept it...
    Code:
    USERNAME@castle:~$ sudo wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    mount: permission denied. (are you root?)
    --> Removing old versions of My Tether
    Removing package net.aonic.my-tether from root...
    ipkg_conf_write_status_files: Can't open status file: //usr/lib/ipkg/status for writing: Permission denied
    From there its a bunch of Permission denied alerts...the confusing thing for me is that it never asked for my SUDO password...any suggestions?

(USBNET is disabled, but I am running SSH over wifi to connect...is there a conflict in webosinternals.services perhaps?)
    Thanks to any who help!
    I suggest you do this:
    Code:
    sudo su -
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    finally I was able to root into Pre and installed the My Tether. WiFi tethereing didn't work.. it was saying "waiting for the users to connect"..

then installed the USB Drivers and now USB tethering is working perfectly fine. Any idea on wifi tethering issue?

Thanks.
    What OS does your computer have?

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Aonic, I'm getting the jar error when wifi tethering, as usb I can't get my pc to see the network? I just did a webos dr restore, because I confused myself with some code...this is all new to me but very exciting. I'm good to start over right? The restore takes me back to oem right?

What does the jar error say?
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  7.    #1307  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkowalk View Post
    First of all, thanks for an awesome app. I love you like a fat kid loves cake.

So... I've run the script several times as root to install 1.5 of My Tether--the app shows up and it's definitely the new version, but whenever I click the switch it just says "Enabling WiFi Tethering..." and then nothing happens.

I've tried running it from terminal on my pre, I've tried running it through novaterm... I've done it over and over, rebooted several times, and it isn't working. The old version of My Tether was working fine under WebOS 1.0.4, then I updated to 1.1(never checked if My Tether still worked), then I installed with the script here. No idea why it won't go... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance
    Try restarting your pre, if it still doesnt work, run the 1-line command from the first post again and make sure there are no errors or wget errors..
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    how do I keep my phone from being recognized as a network card evertime I plug it to my pc. I accidentally selected the usb option on tethering and now I always get a new device prompt on xp.
    Working on a way to change the ad-hoc network name as well as security, right?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I love the app. I actually rooted the phone to install this. However, After about 1-3 minutes i loose all connectivity to the Internet. This happens when the Pre starts to dim the screen towards turning off the screen. I am running version 1.1 of WebOS. I also pulled the phone out of developer mode. Does the phone need to be kept in developer mode? Are others having this problem?

Thanks for the help in advance. When it does stay connected it is pretty quick. I just can't stay on.
    OK, can someone help me out with a problem I'm having with installing the new version.
    When I root it and put in novacom -t open tty://
    It's not taking me to root@castle:/#
    I'm just getting "unable to find device" I know it's probably something dumb and I'm not the smartest person when it comes to this but any help I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I cannot figure this out! First I tried to install this using the PreBrew method but when I enabled wifi tethering it just said it was enabling WiFi Tethering forever with no result. I now have downloaded everything needed for the SDK, got it running and installed the ipk to the virtual machine with the same result when it comes to enabling. What is it that Im missing and can I do it via the PreBrew method instead of having to mess with the SDK? I have zero skill when it comes to Linux and stuff like this. I have searched for detailed instructions but none seem to work because Im obviously missing something. Help!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsbk00069 View Post
    OK, can someone help me out with a problem I'm having with installing the new version.
    When I root it and put in novacom -t open tty://
    It's not taking me to root@castle:/#
    I'm just getting "unable to find device" I know it's probably something dumb and I'm not the smartest person when it comes to this but any help I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks
    You simply gotta enable dev mode using the Konami code...there are lots of posts here how to do that if you don't know. It is very easy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Try restarting your pre, if it still doesnt work, run the 1-line command from the first post again and make sure there are no errors or wget errors..
    No errors. I've rerun the script a few times, restarted a few times (in between those times running it). Let me know if you have any ideas. Either way, thanks for the great work on the app

PS: Here's the output from terminal:

root@castle:/# wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    --> Removing old versions of My Tether
    Removing package net.aonic.my-tether from root...
    Successfully terminated.
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    Successfully terminated.
    --> Removing org.webosinternals.services
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    Successfully terminated.
    --> Installing My Tether 1.5.0
    Connecting to vz.aonic.net (98.113.202.234:80)
    net.aonic.my-tether_ 100% |*******************************| 17946 00:00:00 ETA
    Installing net.aonic.my-tether (1.5.0) to root...
    Configuring net.aonic.my-tether
    Successfully terminated.
    --> We have TetherService already!
    --> Refreshing app list
    --> Installation finished!
    root@castle:/#

I reboot after, and it still doesn't work. I'm lost. Anyway, thanks either way
    Quote Originally Posted by alundre View Post
    You simply gotta enable dev mode using the Konami code...there are lots of posts here how to do that if you don't know. It is very easy though.
    It was in dev mode, even tried turning dev mode off, restarting and turning dev mode back on but still getting the same problem "unable to find device"
    Went to pre dev wiki: USBnet networking setup to download driver for Vista-32 but instructions were unclear where to download usb pre.inf into. Can youy help? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenW View Post
    I love the app. I actually rooted the phone to install this. However, After about 1-3 minutes i loose all connectivity to the Internet. This happens when the Pre starts to dim the screen towards turning off the screen. I am running version 1.1 of WebOS. I also pulled the phone out of developer mode. Does the phone need to be kept in developer mode? Are others having this problem?

Thanks for the help in advance. When it does stay connected it is pretty quick. I just can't stay on.
    In the webosinternals wiki, there is an edit you can do to change the options or give another option for how long the phone will stay on. Search it on there, it's a VERY simple edit, literally just change the title and give it a number of seconds to stay on. I changed the 3 minutes to say "Never" and just set it to like 3 hours or something like that (remember, the file reads it in seconds though). Very simple edit, amazingly useful for both tethering and while in terminal on the phone over SSH/wifi.
    Anyone have any idea why when I'm trying to root my pre to install the new version its telling me "unable to find device"? It's in dev mode and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    I suggest you do this:
    Code:
    sudo su -
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

What OS does your computer have?

What does the jar error say?
    I got the same error. Running your commands worked. However, I don't really understand what the difference is between mounting the file system as read and write and your commands.
    Is there a reason 1.2.4 is newer than 1.5.0?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.