Page 63 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 4339
  1.    #1241  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouch12345 View Post
    This is a great release but when do you think the version for non rooted phones will be ready for the public
    The installer isn't user friendly at the moment, a lot of donors need a lot of back and forth to get it to finally work as expected. It does work, just takes some back and forth. I was focusing on the new service for this release, the next release is about the installer
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Here's the release guys! http://forums.precentral.net/showpos...50&postcount=1

It makes the installation & future upgrades easier with the one liner I implemented
    Is installing your app with the "webos quick install" app the same thing as installing when rooted? Also, with my previous failed attempts at trying to get the versions before 1.5 going I may have installed the webosinternals ipk via the "webos quick install" app. How do I remove it. The reason I ask is because I cannot get tethering to work with the latest version 1.5 installed with the quick installer.

Thanks
  3.    #1243  
    The services cant be installed using any of the existing methods besides running the commands through root, to my knowledge. Of course I don't know the inner workings on Webos quick install so I can't say for sure.
    for some reason I cant connect to my pre to update to 1.05 - i continue to get the error that novacom is not running and to re-run novacom installer. Any help would be so much appreciated.

thanks
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Ok here's my issues and hopefully someone has an idea.

This app works great, EXCEPT on my own computer. I'm running Ubuntu Jaunty, but so is my wife and she connects to my wifi fine. ( I can connect USB fine btw). So we've got the same OS but only she has success connecting wifi. While in Windows 7 I can also connect to it just fine.

Any ideas what I should check on, or where my problem might be? I don't get any errors, I see the network and everything, it looks like it's connecting but then just never does and ends up giving up after a minute or so. This is with both the public and donor versions I have this issue.

Thanks.
  6.    #1246  
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty4444 View Post
    for some reason I cant connect to my pre to update to 1.05 - i continue to get the error that novacom is not running and to re-run novacom installer. Any help would be so much appreciated.

thanks
    Hmmmm. Try rebooting your machine and Pre. make sure USBNet on Pre is disabled.

asharrop Make sure any network connection is not active, the IP of your existing network connection and the tethering IPs might be conflicting
    Quote Originally Posted by asharrop View Post
    Ok here's my issues and hopefully someone has an idea.

This app works great, EXCEPT on my own computer. I'm running Ubuntu Jaunty, but so is my wife and she connects to my wifi fine. ( I can connect USB fine btw). So we've got the same OS but only she has success connecting wifi. While in Windows 7 I can also connect to it just fine.

Any ideas what I should check on, or where my problem might be? I don't get any errors, I see the network and everything, it looks like it's connecting but then just never does and ends up giving up after a minute or so. This is with both the public and donor versions I have this issue.

Thanks.
    If the ips are not conflicting as aonic posted. What type of wifi adapter do you have? I know some wifi adapters in linux are not fully supported and the driver might not work with ad hoc all that well. Just a guess. Can you connect ad hoc with other devices?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Good Morning is there a reason I do not see the new Logo??
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Hmmmm. Try rebooting your machine and Pre. make sure USBNet on Pre is disabled.

asharrop Make sure any network connection is not active, the IP of your existing network connection and the tethering IPs might be conflicting
    I had the Same Issue and I did what both stated that I need to do and it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by acculver View Post
    Good Morning is there a reason I do not see the new Logo??
    reboot your pre
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, installed flawlessly.
  12.    #1252  
    Good to hear
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    You are a saint
    Got this working great on my MacBook-- and just in time for my big summer trip! Thanks so much for all the work that was put in to this program!
    I have a quick question, when using this progam (which is awsome for the record) does the data route straight through the modem or through the browser? The only reason why I ask is because I was told that the data is distinguishable by carriers.
  16.    #1256  
    It goes through the Pre as a modem. As long as you only use the tethering for regular browsing, you should stay under the radar
    AONIC, i am a noob here and am waiting for it to be usable through just a filecoaster download. Any plans on if it will be possible without all the rooting in future updates?
    Will this work with fileCoaster?? so that I don't have to root into Pre??
  19.    #1259  
    biggamer3, hirenpathak: going by what I understand about how fileCoaster works, I don't think it will work
    Ah so root will always be a must for this.

I will get around to rooting if need be because this app looks like the bomb. How long does it generally take to begin the rooting process to the end?