Page 62 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 4339
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I rooted the pre , installed the 1.1 version and then the shell via root.

I see the icon.

When i start it says "Enabling wifi tethering..."

and thats it. Nothing else happens.

The shell seemed to install correctly as i got all the messages and no error message.

I cant see to get the USB working as the USBnet just will not come on but am more interested in the wifi part anyway.

Surely this is worth some money if i can actually get it to work. (hint hint)

Thanks
    I've installed the SDK and got it going easy enough and installed a few homebrew apps.

Went on to use the SDK to install the my tether, webosinternals, and the Set up users, Optware, and access part of the Portal:Accessing Linux.

I also got the usbnet driver installed but it won't start being XP sp2 and I hear you need SP3 for it to work. I won't upgrade to SP3. Do I need usbnet for this app to work for wifi and bt tethering? I don't really care for usb tethering if I can get the wifi or bt working.

Anyway I got the Prenet to show up once and connected to it, but it didn't hand out an IP so I disconnected and haven't been able to get the Prenet to show up again.

I can turn on wifi setting my tethering and it loads up fine and says NAT tethering ON at the bottom. Asks for me to Enable DHCP, so I do. Sometimes it asks me to restart for usbnet, sometimes it doesn't. But from all I can tell it is setup and I saw Prenet once and connected.

So can anyone point me to what I'm missing?

EDIT:: I came back the next day and saw 1.5 was out. Typed in the line and worked perfect. I think it would have worked on the earlier version if I had read or knew that I had to disable WiFi for it to work for ad hoc wifi.
    Last edited by Naquiem; 07/30/2009 at 11:13 PM.
  3.    #1223  
    Thank you for the donations! I'm looking to release the non webos-internals.services version for this forum tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by mjcecil View Post
    Thanks, Aonic. Updated to 1.1 without changes and tethering very well. You rock. Want to donate. How do I do so?
    Good to hear! The link is in the first post of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by tammymj23 View Post
    I have the same problem with Windows XP, can i have some help please? I enable the USBnet an nothing happens. I installed everything via SDK. Is this ok for WindowsXP or i have try another way?
    Do you have webosinternals.services installed via root?

Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    Amazing! Consider me a root access dummy but the www.webos-internals.org site had a pretty simple walk-through and I was able to get this working %100 via usb and wi-fi. Thanks a bunch
    Glad its working for you

Quote Originally Posted by geobag View Post
    ok, i installed 1.2.1 on xp home edition. I cannot keep the connection active. My laptop finds the PreNet, connects but will not keep the connection. It drops after a couple seconds and then will not reconnect.

Any thoughts?

Awesome app by the way! cant wait to get it up and running...
    When the Pre goes to sleep (screen goes black) the network dies. You need to keep it going or raise your timer setting in Screen & Lock

Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Is there a reason that the webos internals install might not work over ssh over evdo? Tether works fine on my phone, but I installed over usb. I'm trying to install for someone in another state over ssh evdo. The ipkg app installs fine, and internals downloads fine, but when I install it says installing/configuring (can't remember, just the 1st or 2nd line that shows up), and freezes. I can't do anything over ssh until I call them and have them restart the phone. Any ideas? I'm reading backward through the thread pages just in case I missed someone else with this problem, but I figured I'd mention it as well.

Thanks.
    That's weird, maybe some script is doing something to the evdo connection to reset. To be safe do it over USB / novacom

Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Hoping someone has solved this already.

Running 1.1.

I rooted, installed the files, turn on Wifi tethering, and can see the Wifi connection, but never get an IP address, despite having DCHP enabled in MyTether. This occurs both for my XP PC (Acer Aspire One) and Mac (MacPro 17"). ONE time I think it was working, but I haven't been able to reliably recreate it. I have experimented with having USBnet enabled, to no avail. Ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Make sure your Pre isnt going to sleep and thus closing the network

Quote Originally Posted by xyther4523 View Post
    i have fallen in love with my pre because of the web os quick install and the My Tether program. i had a friend in my car, and i had my pre on Wifi tether, and she was wondering where the internet was coming from on my laptop haha

we were driving down the highway, and she kept checking my car to see if i had anything that gave internet..i never told her it was just coming from my phone
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by zzdaf38 View Post
    Anybody got this working under windows XP? Gumstix??? WTF?
    I cant get USBnet to work under windows. How do I install gumstix in Windows. The explanation in Wiki is useless as I cant get gumstix files.

HELP.
    The wiki has links to download the usbnet driver inf file
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    can this be accomplished using the webos quick installer?
  5.    #1225  
    Jason Robitaille (WebOS Quick Installer creator) contacted me and is apparently working on a guide for how to do that.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Jason Robitaille (WebOS Quick Installer creator) contacted me and is apparently working on a guide for how to do that.
    Wouldn't this be as simple as downloading your ipk files to your computer then dropping them into his WebOS quick installer?

Or even better yet, using file coaster and plugging your url's into that?

Would it not be as simple as that now?
    Quote Originally Posted by zaharris View Post
    Wouldn't this be as simple as downloading your ipk files to your computer then dropping them into his WebOS quick installer?

Or even better yet, using file coaster and plugging your url's into that?

Would it not be as simple as that now?
    that's what i was wondering. at any rate, you guys are wizards.
  8.    #1228  
    You guys are welcome to try that and report back with the results We can all work together on fixing any issues, if there are any from those methods
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    You guys are welcome to try that and report back with the results We can all work together on fixing any issues, if there are any from those methods
    I tried using WebOS quick install to load mytether and webosinternals onto my phone....unfortunately no luck

I see the Mytether App Icon, open it and attempt to enable wifi tethering....

and it says "Enabling WiFi Tethering....." and...nothing else.

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks for all your work!
    Quote Originally Posted by iranmani113 View Post
    I tried using WebOS quick install to load mytether and webosinternals onto my phone....unfortunately no luck

I see the Mytether App Icon, open it and attempt to enable wifi tethering....

and it says "Enabling WiFi Tethering....." and...nothing else.

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks for all your work!
    its because of the root access.. i have an idea and this might just do the trick.... report back in a bit i will update this post

update:
    scratch that.... i was thinking perhaps you can install the terminal app via one of the other methods but doesn't look like it pretty complex (haha i have it installed but i totally forgot about it) but that app is still evolving maybe at some point you will be able to then you can run the commands that are instructed here to install my tether. but who knows by then aonic might of worked his magic and figured out something else.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ation:Terminal
    Last edited by jack87; 07/26/2009 at 10:54 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    good job in getting it not dependent on webosinternals.services with root
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    thanks a lot
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    you should change thread name to indicate that rooting is not required.
    Quote Originally Posted by bthudson View Post
    you should change thread name to indicate that rooting is not required.
    wait did i miss something ?

How do I get it to work with no rooting? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by iranmani113 View Post
    wait did i miss something ?

How do I get it to work with no rooting? lol
    public version still requires rooting
    MatterOfFactJack
    ahhh, very good.

thanks!
    Can't wait for the new release tonight. This is one of the most useful homebrew apps that are availbale. Great work!
  18.    #1238  
    Here's the release guys! http://forums.precentral.net/showpos...50&postcount=1

It makes the installation & future upgrades easier with the one liner I implemented
    This is a great release but when do you think the version for non rooted phones will be ready for the public
    Ready set... Let the posts beggin