Page 61 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4339
    First off thanks for a fantastic app! I've been following the thread and might be able to help from my own experience:

- my laptop is a Vaio
    - OS is Ubuntu 9.04
    - SDK, Eclisipe and associated Mojo and Aptana plug-ins

Prior to 1.1 I used the SDK, palm-install, to load the ipk's successfully but couldn't tether. (My momma raised me to only SU/root as a last resort)

- Knock on wood 1.1 loaded for me without a hitch and is working fine...My Tether remained but with same results, i.e. couldn't start USBNET which is of course best friends with the WiFi message. Makes sense as they are symbiotic.

- removed and re-pushed via webosquickinstall, truly sexy, but to no avail...same results.

So out to my Pre I went with novaterm via a term and watched as the webosinternals spawned (2) diff processes. #usbnet enable <CR>...reboot the device...ifconfig reported usb0 happy.

Device back up -> just charge -> disabled wireless on laptop -> My Tether performed as advertised. Ubuntu automatically spawned usb0 as a valid connection and a quick interface change in my firewall gave me a solid pipe in/out via the Pre.

The key appears to be root access for the process spawn during webosinternals config which makes sense...true, devmode opens a comm port but it would be silly, and dangerous, to allow everyone access to the inner rings...thus the need to unpack/config webosinternals via root.

Or...I should go lay in the corner. lol

Anyway I hope this helps someone
    Open Source will make Star Trek a reality...think about it
    Thanks! Got USB working, did not try BT, cannot keep connection to Wifi active. Vista 32bit, Pre, located in Deltona FL, EVDO.

Thanks A Lot! I got it working on my Macbook 10.5.7 in no time at all, a little reading goes a long way! Now I just gotta get the usb working.

Writing this Post using "My Tether" over bluetooth.

Thanks again.
  4.    #1204  
    Just to update you guys on the progress.. I finished coding the new service to remove the dependandcy on webosinternals.services, as well as remove the ability for any webos app to run root commands on your Pre.

The new service will allow me to add more thorough features to My Tether and will make My Tether more solid overall.

The service is currently being tested in the donor forums, once its confirmed to be ok and working as expected I'll be pushing this update out to you guys.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Thanks for the Update
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thanks, Aonic. Updated to 1.1 without changes and tethering very well. You rock. Want to donate. How do I do so?
    Mark J. Cecil -- Senior UNIX and Storage Engineer
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    http://notrealswift.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Just to update you guys on the progress.. I finished coding the new service to remove the dependandcy on webosinternals.services, as well as remove the ability for any webos app to run root commands on your Pre.

The new service will allow me to add more thorough features to My Tether and will make My Tether more solid overall.

The service is currently being tested in the donor forums, once its confirmed to be ok and working as expected I'll be pushing this update out to you guys.
    i made a donation... whatother qualifications are neede for the donors forum. i would love to test the app
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with Windows XP, can i have some help please? I enable the USBnet an nothing happens. I installed everything via SDK. Is this ok for WindowsXP or i have try another way?
    Amazing! Consider me a root access dummy but the www.webos-internals.org site had a pretty simple walk-through and I was able to get this working %100 via usb and wi-fi. Thanks a bunch
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmayes69 View Post
    i made a donation... whatother qualifications are neede for the donors forum. i would love to test the app
    Me too. Donation made, would love access to the no-root method.

JAB

p.s. I am taking a short trip really soon. Would love to have this functioning for it.
    Last edited by bakerja; 07/26/2009 at 10:32 AM.
    I don't speak Linux...
    Would love to really use this app.
    Set up: Vista 32 bit; Sony Vaio Laptop and USB tether.

After downloading App through SDK, installing app and cycling through the instructions above to no avail....Ahhhh!!Please help...
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    just donated, cant wait to get 1.2.4!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    Amazing! Consider me a root access dummy but the www.webos-internals.org site had a pretty simple walk-through and I was able to get this working %100 via usb and wi-fi. Thanks a bunch
    Thanks! I went to "Getting Started" then to "novacom for windows" and found what I was missing.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davejm74 View Post
    Yes that doesnt seem to work either. Phone just continues to say "enableing wifi tethering...." doesnt go any further than that.

based on what i have said, do i have all the necessary files on the pre now?

I have entertained the thought that I may be missing something, just dont know what.

Thanks for the replies.
    Dave I was hung up in the same spot. Follow sburlbaw's link in my post above this one. It walks you through gaining root access then copy paste the commands on page 1 of this thread and it will work. Reset your pre through device info.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ok, i installed 1.2.1 on xp home edition. I cannot keep the connection active. My laptop finds the PreNet, connects but will not keep the connection. It drops after a couple seconds and then will not reconnect.

Any thoughts?

Awesome app by the way! cant wait to get it up and running...
    Is there a reason that the webos internals install might not work over ssh over evdo? Tether works fine on my phone, but I installed over usb. I'm trying to install for someone in another state over ssh evdo. The ipkg app installs fine, and internals downloads fine, but when I install it says installing/configuring (can't remember, just the 1st or 2nd line that shows up), and freezes. I can't do anything over ssh until I call them and have them restart the phone. Any ideas? I'm reading backward through the thread pages just in case I missed someone else with this problem, but I figured I'd mention it as well.

Thanks.
    Hoping someone has solved this already.

Running 1.1.

I rooted, installed the files, turn on Wifi tethering, and can see the Wifi connection, but never get an IP address, despite having DCHP enabled in MyTether. This occurs both for my XP PC (Acer Aspire One) and Mac (MacPro 17"). ONE time I think it was working, but I haven't been able to reliably recreate it. I have experimented with having USBnet enabled, to no avail. Ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by emair; 07/26/2009 at 03:58 PM.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    i have fallen in love with my pre because of the web os quick install and the My Tether program. i had a friend in my car, and i had my pre on Wifi tether, and she was wondering where the internet was coming from on my laptop haha

we were driving down the highway, and she kept checking my car to see if i had anything that gave internet..i never told her it was just coming from my phone
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Anybody got this working under windows XP? Gumstix??? WTF?
    I cant get USBnet to work under windows. How do I install gumstix in Windows. The explanation in Wiki is useless as I cant get gumstix files.

HELP.
    Just donated.

And just signed up on this forum because of this app. I actually don't have it working yet, because I'm apprehensive about rooting. Installing My Tether was a breeze, but need independence from webosinternals.shell. Hopefully I can get my hands on a new build before I leave town Tuesday morning!