Page 60 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 4339
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I can't read all the post right now, but for some reason my connection freezes. im running windows 7 64-bit.

basically im on the internet with my home wifi, but if I plug in the pre on usb without opening my tether, it starts the usb onnection and freezes my internet, no connection and if I click the wireless manager or anything to check my connections it hangs, until I disconect my pre.

I'm guessing this is a problem from usbnet.. has this happened to anyone?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Aonic,
    I was at an all day meeting today where there were no WAN or LAN connections. I used your tether application and never dropped a beat! The network has no more then two bars at most. This is a great program and I just hope Palm and Sprint continue to let us utilize this option. This will only strengthen Sprints user acceptance. As I said a week ago, thanks for the great job. Will send another donation shortly.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    any chance of installing without rooting the pre
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Go to the donation option and you can test the alpha install tool. Works great and does not require any rooting.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceyo14 View Post
    I can't read all the post right now, but for some reason my connection freezes. im running windows 7 64-bit ... basically im on the internet with my home wifi, but if I plug in the pre on usb without opening my tether, it starts the usb onnection and freezes my internet
    What's happening is Windows 7/Vista behavior where if you connect to a new network source, Windows will prefer the most recently connected source (and here's the kicker) that has the fastest connection. i.e. USBnet is 480mbit, the fastest wireless is 300mbit, ethernet is 1000mbit or 100mbit.

If MyTether isn't up and running prior to plugging it in to Win7, then the internet will seem to "hang" .. unless you're connected to a gigabit switch or router.

I'm sorry if it sounds confusing, but I can't come up with a simpler way to explain Windows networking
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    After a few oops I got this to work thank you.

I'm doing this entry with my USB Pre internet :-) again thank you
    Is their a tutorial on how to setup out wifi tethering to require a password?

-Matt
    Can someone please tell me how to root my pre. I am not a savvy as most folks...thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manzyman View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to root my pre. I am not a savvy as most folks...thanks
    <rant>
    Jesus christ people cant read.

1 - this is not the place to be asking questions OTHER THAN to ask about the My Tether application. Rooting your pre is not a My Tether specific question.

2 - For the love of god, PLEASE at least run a SEARCH before you clutter up some thread with stupid questions.

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

took me 2 seconds to find, and link you it.

Go read. When youre done and you have questions in regards to INSTALLING My Tether (which is an awesome program btw - just waiting on some form of wireless security before I use it frequently) - THEN you can come in and ask questions. Until then, stop being an *****.

</rant>
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    How long does it take to get access to the donators forum?

Sent donation not too long ago (maybe noonish). Just wondering when I should start checking.

Confirmation number: 1U421387E8136891H

same screen as on the my tether forum.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me what i'm missing. Im trying to get My Tether going. I have not rooted (not at all knowledgeable in Linux) but after todays announcement of Jason's WebOS Quick Install tool, it sounded as though it was a piece of cake. The quick install tool works great, but when I try to use my tether I get the "your device needs to have USB Net enabled to tether over usb" even though I just enabled usb net under the "services" botton.

I used Webos quick install tool to add these files to the pre:
    net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.1_all.ipk and org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk

but still get the usb net msg. I thought i followed the instructions on page one, but because I dont know what a lot of it means im a little confused and so far there isnt a detailed instructions page for installing my tether with webos quick install tool. Can anyone tell me what i may not have done correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davejm74 View Post
    Can someone tell me what i'm missing. Im trying to get My Tether going. I have not rooted (not at all knowledgeable in Linux) but after todays announcement of Jason's WebOS Quick Install tool, it sounded as though it was a piece of cake. The quick install tool works great, but when I try to use my tether I get the "your device needs to have USB Net enabled to tether over usb" even though I just enabled usb net under the "services" botton.

I used Webos quick install tool to add these files to the pre:
    net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.1_all.ipk and org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk

but still get the usb net msg. I thought i followed the instructions on page one, but because I dont know what a lot of it means im a little confused and so far there isnt a detailed instructions page for installing my tether with webos quick install tool. Can anyone tell me what i may not have done correctly?
    Have you reset your Pre yet? I had to do that before mine would work properly.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Yes by going to Device info, reset options, restart.
    Have you tried wifi tethering just for grins?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Yes that doesnt seem to work either. Phone just continues to say "enableing wifi tethering...." doesnt go any further than that.

based on what i have said, do i have all the necessary files on the pre now?

I have entertained the thought that I may be missing something, just dont know what.

Thanks for the replies.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    thanks for everyones help, finally got it to work!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Davejm74 you have to root your pre then install the webos service on page one

Accessing Linux From Windows - WebOS Internals

this should help
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thanks hassiga, essentially you are saying that I still need to root to enable USB net and to allow " org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk " to work correctly, is that right?

The link you provided says that those instructions are outdated, im looking around but am having some difficulty finding (with certainty) the updated version. Can you confirm the above and maybe post a link with the updated steps? In the meantime, i'll continue my search, but wow there's a lot of different versions/explanations floating around.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I literally just did it but I'm using a mac. It installed right and easy for me, so i guess i cant say for sure or not.. best of luck
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showergel View Post
    What's happening is Windows 7/Vista behavior where if you connect to a new network source, Windows will prefer the most recently connected source (and here's the kicker) that has the fastest connection. i.e. USBnet is 480mbit, the fastest wireless is 300mbit, ethernet is 1000mbit or 100mbit.

If MyTether isn't up and running prior to plugging it in to Win7, then the internet will seem to "hang" .. unless you're connected to a gigabit switch or router.

I'm sorry if it sounds confusing, but I can't come up with a simpler way to explain Windows networking
    thanks. I do understand. Just thought it would stay with its current connection. But I just disable the connection.... Thanks for your quick answer. And thanks for not making me read more than 50 pages just to see if this was asked. Search wasn't of much help here.

Thanks for the reply.