Page 6 of 217 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    For over a year. Made it initially when I was doing a website that was a bit shady
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    The app won't enable without first turning on usbnet. You can go ahead and do that without affecting anything. Once you enable usbnet and restart, the app should ask you to turn on dhcp, and then you should be able to use the app to turn on tethering. Once the app says tethering is enabled, you can use bluetooth pan/nap and it won't give you the sprint alert.
    Do I have to root the Pre to be able to turn usbnet on the Pre, or can I do it via the pre emulator?

thx
    mike
  3.    #103  
    Usbnet can be enabled using the app. It will prompt you to enable it with a button that will do it for you.

BETA VERSION, only for BETA TESTERS

Here it is guys, beta of 1.2.0.
    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

wget http://vz.aonic.net:8080/~raja/pre/net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.0_all.ipk
    ipkg install net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.0_all.ipk

rm net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.0_all.ipk
    mount -o remount ro, /

/usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Aonic... any chance you could update your first entry when you get 1.2 up and running out of Beta? Thanks man.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    downloaded and testing now
  6.    #106  
    neoGTR222 -- I will once its tested
    s4mb4 -- cool. let me know how it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Usbnet can be enabled using the app. It will prompt you to enable it with a button that will do it for you.

BETA VERSION, only for BETA TESTERS

Here it is guys, beta of 1.2.0.
    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

wget http://vz.aonic.net:8080/~raja/pre/net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.0_all.ipk
    ipkg install net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.0_all.ipk

rm net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.0_all.ipk
    mount -o remount ro, /

/usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    I have tried that. When I click on enable usbnet, it returns with no error, but the slider still says off.

I'll try the beta and see if that works any better.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    what is the default name of the adhoc network? my wifi connection cannot see anything.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    also, turning off services from your GUI still resulted in a reboot of the Pre
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    also, turning off services from your GUI still resulted in a reboot of the Pre
    Turning usbnet off/on requires a reboot no matter what. if the problem is with rooting into your phone with usbnet, you can modify your ssh on your phone to allow you to SSH in over usbnet, there's instructions in the wiki.

the wifi network should be PreNet, make sure your wifi connection on the pre is turned OFF before you enable wifi tethering
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    working
  12.    #112  
    wifi tethering works? i'm having trouble turning wifi off automatically if its on before tethering.

is dhcp over wifi working too? the ip should be between 192.168.1.11, 192.168.1.22
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    connection to adhoc works with PreNet...rebooting to install USBNet
    Ok, I am really sorry if I am being dense. I'm just missing something.

With the 1.2 version, if I open up the my tether app, and click on the services button, then slide dhcp and usbnet to on, and then close the dialog box, and then open it again, dhcp shows on, but usbnet shows off. If I slide the usb tethering slide on the top to on, a dialog box comes up and there is a green option that says enable usbnet. I click on that and the dialog box closes, but the slider on top still shows off.

If after doing these things I reboot the phone, usbnet still shows off. I have both ipk's (the tether app and the webosservices ipk) installed via the palm emulator.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    im not getting a good ip...getting a 169 network address so no browsing is allowed.
    Just sent my donation. Thanks Aonic! Looking forward to 1.2!
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    im not getting a good ip...getting a 169 network address so no browsing is allowed.
    s4mb4: Try toggling DHCP off and on after enabling wifi tether.

andidendel: thank you! 1.2 seems to be good so far

mike: usbnet doesnt seem to be sticking for you, go in as root and type these commands:
    Code:
    usbnet enable
    reboot
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    wifi tethering works? i'm having trouble turning wifi off automatically if its on before tethering.

is dhcp over wifi working too? the ip should be between 192.168.1.11, 192.168.1.22
    Seems I can join the WiFi network, but no go on getting a DHCP address so tethering won't work.

I have however altered /etc/dnsmasq.palm.conf on my own to enable SSH over usbnet as part of rooting my phone. Your app doesn't seem to see my DHCP being enabled though?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Any way you setup the adhoc WIFI and Proxy it through the EVO Radio? Bypass all this USB, and BLUETOOTH driver stuff? Do you need Root Privileges to change the routing tables?

Not a programer but have done this on other linux boxes but dont really want to root my Pre.
    s4mb4: Try toggling DHCP off and on after enabling wifi tether.

andidendel: thank you! 1.2 seems to be good so far

mike: usbnet doesnt seem to be sticking for you, go in as root and type these commands:
    Code:
    usbnet enable
    reboot

Is there any way to do this without having to root the phone? I am running 1.0.4. I really don't want to take the chance of screwing things up, but will if I need to. There doesn't seem to be an easy to way to root the phone from the emulator it appears.