Page 56 of 217 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by jsa334 View Post
    aonic,
    curiosity is killing me what did sprint say when you took your thetered pre in to get it fixed.
    I dont think he ended up taking it in. Seemed to have started working
    Quote Originally Posted by dongatta View Post
    Jack
    I have the newest version installed followed the vista setup guide but when i turn off my wifi connection at home i lose my connection. I have tried usb and wifi and no go. Please help
    so how did you install the tether app and what version. if you installed it with sdk make sure you install the webos-internals section using root access other wise it will not work. but im guessing you used the easy installer? of so then tethering should be working fine just make sure when using wifi your screen stays on. or is charging while wifi tethering or else your wifi connection is gone after the phone goes into sleep mode unless charging. as for the usbnet on vista. i havent personally done it but im guessing you did it right if you fallowed the instructions exactly on installing the driver. so make sure you turn on usbnet on your pre using the tether app after you do you need to reboot the pre then plug it in to the computer it should install usbnet driver for the pre on your computer and turn on tethering you will be connected.

ooo lets not forget to enable dhcp under the options menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    I got the tethering via Wifi to work on my XP machine.

I'll try out the USB to XP over EVDO and WiFi tomorrow. I'll also try Vista again, although last time I was trying it I had everything setup correctly. I'll let you know how it goes.
    you should get wifi part to work easy in vista. the usbnet driver is a little tricky make sure you closely fallow the instructions listed on the OP. as i mentioned i haven't personally used usbnet on vista. Not yet at least.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I have the SDK and the novacom drivers installed, is that all I need? Just donated a few ago
    when i try and install the windows xp usbnet driver it ends op failing with a code 10 saying that the device could not be started. Usbnet is running on phone and the ethernet device shows up on computer just having problems installing the driver. any thoughts?
  4.    #1104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie View Post
    Hey folks, so I seem to have gotten the app installed ok, and the webosinternals part in too, but I am still having trouble.

I am trying to do this via bluetooth, and my macbook connects to the network, and everything seems ok (gets an ip address) but then my palm gets an error saying: Auth Error.

Here is an image of the problem:
    http://imgur.com/EwHgU.jpg

Not such a good picture, but it gives you the idea.

Thanks for your efforts!
    That's normal for BT tether, you can just ignore it and tether will still work. I'll work on fixing it for a future version. Added to my list of todo

I setup WiFi tethering. My Laptop at first gets an IP address, yet I can't get to any websites on my laptop. After a while I lose the IP and get a 169.254.x.x address.
    I see you got it working in a future post, but make sure nothing (firewall) is blocking DHCP

Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    when i try and install the windows xp usbnet driver it ends op failing with a code 10 saying that the device could not be started. Usbnet is running on phone and the ethernet device shows up on computer just having problems installing the driver. any thoughts?
    Some others have had this problem before, I'm not sure what the problem is, anyone else know?

Quote Originally Posted by jsa334 View Post
    aonic,
    curiosity is killing me what did sprint say when you took your thetered pre in to get it fixed.
    They wanted me to leave it for 2 hours, I decided to just try some more on my own to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by garfima View Post
    Works great for me...
    Cool!
    Last edited by aonic; 07/23/2009 at 09:32 AM.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Thanks for the prompt response to donations, aonic!

It says that it installed successfully but there is no icon on the pre.. i've rebooted it.. any ideas?
  6.    #1106  
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post

It says that it installed successfully but there is no icon on the pre.. i've rebooted it.. any ideas?
    Try uninstall and then re-install. You should post installer questions in the my tether forums
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post

I had this problem the first time i installed so I uninstalled and reinstalled and the icon showed up ... Hope it works for you
    has anyone tried using USBnet the mac version (Setting up USBnet - GumstixDocsWiki)
    This program is awesome, posting wirelessly from my t61p tethered to my pre
    aonic,

My email is working now, can you please resend the donation response again, thank you very much! Great work. I really needed this app! lol

bdubdrum
  11.    #1111  
    bdubdrum I sent you a PM on this forum, maybe you dont have PM yet, hm..

Sent email
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    For most people having service pack 3 on xp fixed it... as for me i have sp3 both my computers did it... reinstalling 3 times on each did the trick i dunno why just make sure you manually pick the driver each time you reinstall that was my experience with it. also try to reboot your pc and try
    Quote Originally Posted by animaxcg View Post
    has anyone tried using USBnet the mac version (Setting up USBnet - GumstixDocsWiki)
    I've tried the mac install for usbnet... no luck most mac users use wifi some use bt.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I'm not sure if I got my email either. I got my confirmation. Even checked my spam folder and couldn't find anything.
  14.    #1114  
    PreKillsIphone email me and ill reply back -- raja [dot] kapur at gmail . com
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    bdubdrum I sent you a PM on this forum, maybe you dont have PM yet, hm..

Sent email
    aonic, yes, I see the PM now and also have the email, thank you very much!

bdubdrum
    Still no dice on the Vista Wifi tethering. My laptop has an ip address and I can resolve DNS names with nslookup and my gateway is answering. When I try to browse nothing works

Okay, it magically started working! Woot!

Here's a question. How many IP addresses can this thing hand out? I ask because yesterday I was at work trying this on Vista and I had 2 of my associates all trying to connect to my phone via Wifi with their respective phones - a Samsung smart phone and an iPhone

I know one person ended up getting an IP on the same subnet as me on 192.168 space, but then we both lost our IP address and get the 169.254

I'll try again when I get to work and let you know how it goes.

Great app. Sending a donation your way soon!
    I installed the app with the installer. Very easy process. But i must point out one of the sweetest things. The WiFi tether lets you connect devices that have WiFi other than just your PC. iPod Touch works perfectly with the Sprint Palm Pre Internet connection with the WiFi tether. How awesome is that? You just start the WiFi tether, log into the now available wireless network and its all set. Now i have the best of both worlds.

Thank You SO MUCH!
    Posting from my tethered Vista laptop. Speed test results:

Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    PreKillsIphone email me and ill reply back -- raja [dot] kapur at gmail . com
    sent! Thanks
  20.    #1120  
    Here's a question. How many IP addresses can this thing hand out? I ask because yesterday I was at work trying this on Vista and I had 2 of my associates all trying to connect to my phone via Wifi with their respective phones - a Samsung smart phone and an iPhone
    Good to hear it worked! It can hand out around 10 IPs

Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    I installed the app with the installer. Very easy process. But i must point out one of the sweetest things. The WiFi tether lets you connect devices that have WiFi other than just your PC. iPod Touch works perfectly with the Sprint Palm Pre Internet connection with the WiFi tether. How awesome is that? You just start the WiFi tether, log into the now available wireless network and its all set. Now i have the best of both worlds.

Thank You SO MUCH!
    That's what I do as well