Page 55 of 217 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 4339
  1.    #1081  
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    ah crap, so this needs to be done from a linux box? I can just boot up ubuntu if that's the case.

Any URLs on how to get into root mode? I've been looking around with not much success for the past couple of hours. TIA
    No, you need to access the linux on Palm Pre, aka "rooting"

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    No, you need to access the linux on Palm Pre, aka "rooting"

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    Whenever I prepend novaterm it says unrecognized command.

C:\>novaterm -d usb /users/denny/downloads/org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.i
    pk
    'novaterm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

3.    #1083  
    Whenever I prepend novaterm it says unrecognized command.

C:\>novaterm -d usb /users/denny/downloads/org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.i
    pk
    'novaterm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Novaterm doesnt work for me either, I prefer this method: Accessing Linux From Windows - WebOS Internals
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I thought that with vista you did not have to root.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Really?

What makes you think Vista's so special that you didn't have to root?
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Novaterm doesnt work for me either, I prefer this method: Accessing Linux From Windows - WebOS Internals
    Great got it installed and it's now working. Trying it out...

Thanks for that!
    Hey folks, so I seem to have gotten the app installed ok, and the webosinternals part in too, but I am still having trouble.

I am trying to do this via bluetooth, and my macbook connects to the network, and everything seems ok (gets an ip address) but then my palm gets an error saying: Auth Error.

Here is an image of the problem:
    http://imgur.com/EwHgU.jpg

Not such a good picture, but it gives you the idea.

Thanks for your efforts!
    Last edited by Wedgie; 07/22/2009 at 09:53 PM.
    I setup WiFi tethering. My Laptop at first gets an IP address, yet I can't get to any websites on my laptop. After a while I lose the IP and get a 169.254.x.x address.

Has anyone gotten the WiFi tethering to work with the tethered device connecting to the Internet over the EVDO connection on the phone?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Liberty,
    The app is designed and as far as I know only uses EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsa334 View Post
    Liberty,
    The app is designed and as far as I know only uses EVDO.
    Yeah, I can't get that to work either. I have the USB tethering setup and I can do nslookups with my gateway, the Pre, responding, but I'm unable to connect to any websites.

I'm going to reboot my laptop and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Yeah, I can't get that to work either. I have the USB tethering setup and I can do nslookups with my gateway, the Pre, responding, but I'm unable to connect to any websites.

I'm going to reboot my laptop and see what happens.
    Either usb or wifi still uses EVDO
    Make sure you enable dhcp on the app. And when doing wifi your screen must remain on or have the phone charging
    MatterOfFactJack
    ah crap, so this needs to be done from a linux box? I can just boot up ubuntu if that's the case.

Any URLs on how to get into root mode? I've been looking around with not much success for the past couple of hours. TIA
    Linux access to the pre's linux os not you needing linux. Its a more politicaly correct way of saying rooted pre because the pre is not being root access is already there unlike the iphone. Just keep your phone either charging when tethering via wifi or do the screen lock hack that's on the wiki to keep the screen from turning off.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Aonic, can you please resend your post donation email. My email account is working now. Thank you!

And thanks for all the hard work to you and Jack87 and anyone else helping us noobs!

This app is so essential!

bdubdrum
    Last edited by bdubdrum; 07/23/2009 at 10:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Works great for me...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    aonic,
    curiosity is killing me what did sprint say when you took your thetered pre in to get it fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Linux access to the pre's linux os not you needing linux. Its a more politicaly correct way of saying rooted pre because the pre is not being root access is already there unlike the iphone. Just keep your phone either charging when tethering via wifi or do the screen lock hack that's on the wiki to keep the screen from turning off.
    Thanks for the feed back. Looks like I'm going to have to get up-to-date with the Wiki before I troubleshoot this app any further
    Jack
    I have the newest version installed followed the vista setup guide but when i turn off my wifi connection at home i lose my connection. I have tried usb and wifi and no go. Please help
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I saw it posted by another user in this thread that they did it with out rooting.
    I got the tethering via Wifi to work on my XP machine.

I'll try out the USB to XP over EVDO and WiFi tomorrow. I'll also try Vista again, although last time I was trying it I had everything setup correctly. I'll let you know how it goes.