Page 53 of 217 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4339
    Still trying to get on the donators forum. can't wait to try it. sent receipt # to email address. Receipt Number: 3303-9676-7188-7006. Thanks
    I just donated via paypal when will I have the link to the forum?
    Aonic just want to give you congrats on your hard work and great efforts for this app. I am a new user and I feel your efforts have supplied many people with a much needed tool. I would like to donate to the cause. Where do I send the donation.
    Quote Originally Posted by dongatta View Post
    Aonic just want to give you congrats on your hard work and great efforts for this app. I am a new user and I feel your efforts have supplied many people with a much needed tool. I would like to donate to the cause. Where do I send the donation.
    Donation link is located on the first post (OP) also on the official my tether website found at My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre
    MatterOfFactJack
    Found the forum but havnt been granted access to donations forum. Yes I donated!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    pinniped what doesn't work? also, check your email
    My problem is simple: I can't figure out how to get a direct access command line to run the root commands in the OP.

I have My Tether 1.2.1 on my Pre. (I have the WebOSInternals bit too...I think.) I have the Virtual Box, I have the SDK. But instructions in various places online say "run novaterm" or "use Putty"...apparently two methods to open a terminal session with the Pre.

I can find Putty, but not Novaterm.

(In other words, I don't think anything is wrong with your program...it's the steps I need to complete before getting everything to work.)

Thanks.
    Thanks for all your hard work on this app! I donated, and haven't received access to the special forums yet. Can't wait to get it!
  8.    #1048  
    Thank you all, I send out the thank you emails for donating manually, I just sent them now.

pinniped, I sent you an email with instructions
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Can someone clarify the use of WiFi tethering? I have gotten USB and WiFI to work; however I saw a post saying that you basically need to have the USB hooked up even when using WiFi tethering, since the WiFi shuts off when the screen does.

However, my screen shuts off even when the USB cable is hooked up (to my laptop in "just charge" mode)....yet tethering still works.

Does that mean that WiFi tethering will continue even if I disconnect the USB and leave the Pre by itself til the battery dies?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    Can someone clarify the use of WiFi tethering? I have gotten USB and WiFI to work; however I saw a post saying that you basically need to have the USB hooked up even when using WiFi tethering, since the WiFi shuts off when the screen does.

However, my screen shuts off even when the USB cable is hooked up (to my laptop in "just charge" mode)....yet tethering still works.

Does that mean that WiFi tethering will continue even if I disconnect the USB and leave the Pre by itself til the battery dies?
    Shane
    Which version are you using?
  12.    #1052  
    Shane, while its plugged in the screen can go to black and it will continue tethering.
    Donation Sent Transaction ID #6NK55166JM0512943. Thanks so much for all your work.
    PalmOD, where is the installer you are talking about that doesn't require rooting?
    Thanks
  15.    #1055  
    did you register on the forums gjh and send me your username via email?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Shane, while its plugged in the screen can go to black and it will continue tethering.
    As Aonic says when the pre is charging it will not put the wifi connection to sleep that is why when tethering via wifi plugged in the screen can be off and wifi still active usb tethering doesnt have a sleep mode just screen goes off. so ya your question about whats the point for wifi tethering if it has to be plugged in. personally i use usb tethering but wifi can come in handy for multiple computers or devices to use your pre internet such as a PSP or Itouch even a friend's laptop just make sure to keep it plugged in either on touch stone wall charger or charing in just charge mode on computer. besides wifi tethering will eat up battery anyway so you want it plugged in.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I donated $10. Please send me the install file so I don't have to ROOT MY PRE to use MY TETHER. I have windows. Confirmation number: 84B709482G4533426

Thanks! ERASEF301
    Quote Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
    My problem is simple: I can't figure out how to get a direct access command line to run the root commands in the OP.

I have My Tether 1.2.1 on my Pre. (I have the WebOSInternals bit too...I think.) I have the Virtual Box, I have the SDK. But instructions in various places online say "run novaterm" or "use Putty"...apparently two methods to open a terminal session with the Pre.

I can find Putty, but not Novaterm.

(In other words, I don't think anything is wrong with your program...it's the steps I need to complete before getting everything to work.)

Thanks.
    If you go into dev mode and have the drivers installed, run the python script and then open up a terminal in putty using 'localhost' as username, port 8023 and RAW selected

Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I donated $10. Please send me the install file so I don't have to ROOT MY PRE to use MY TETHER. I have windows. Confirmation number: 84B709482G4533426

Thanks! ERASEF301
    I was on the fence on rooting the Pre because I received one of the common errors that came up running the Python Script in the XP Virtualization that said I should reconnect my Pre (never worked). Discovered if you setup the drivers for Win 7, you no longer have a need for an xp virtual machine and made the process very easy
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    yes
    gjhdvm, & sent receipt # as well. Can't wait to try it. Thanks Aonic
  20.    #1060  
    gjhdvm, go to the forum link I sent you in the email