Page 51 of 217 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4339
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    This is awesome! I finally started installing homebrew apps this week and I'm really excited by what I've been seeing. I used to use PdaNet for the Treo and it came in handy a lot when I didn't have access! I'm tempted to root my Pre, but i'm not in a huge rush, so I'm probably going to wait for a regular non-root installation method. Can you install 1.2.4 the regular homebrew way, or is that still not completed? If not, do you think that option will be available in days? weeks? no idea? I'll likely donate when a version like that comes out.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    I was on the fence for a while too but once you get root, you'll be happy. This program by itself is worth root.
    Quote Originally Posted by atoy74 View Post
    I was on the fence for a while too but once you get root, you'll be happy. This program by itself is worth root.
    yea, i definitely can understand. If it wasn't mentioned that no root tethering was around the corner, i would be on it in a heartbeat. I just figure since i'm not in a huge rush at this moment, its not worth going through the hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post

That's a donor version only not open to the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-motion View Post
    That kind of blows 'cause I'm not that technical when it comes to handsets and donating before even knowing if I'll be able to install the app doesn't sound too great.
    for the record I am not discussing 1.2.4 nor promoting donations just stating the fact it is not open to the public.
  4.    #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    yea, i definitely can understand. If it wasn't mentioned that no root tethering was around the corner, i would be on it in a heartbeat. I just figure since i'm not in a huge rush at this moment, its not worth going through the hassle.
    It is worth the hassle, you learn something I strongly suggest you take the dive
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    I think this thread needs a bump doesn't get enough attention.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I think this thread needs a bump doesn't get enough attention.
    Looks good!!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    donation confirmation

1CR662643K2826209

GREAT STUFF, it's utterly amazing what you and this phone are doing together
    Great Job. The most desired feature for the pre addressed elegantly.

Donation Confirmation: 9XJ26958GD722725W

I would love to see the new version.
    Donation Confirmation: 6VR819414R0443833

Thanks for all the hard work!

Quick Question in short: Is root truly required?

"You need root, or the Palm SDK to install this app, but after installing you shouldn't need to root or ssh in to do anything to make this app work"

Does this mean with a non-rooted Pre, we can install via Palm SDK? I have tried installing both files via SDK but nothing is enabled. When I enable USB tethering,it prompts me that USBNet must be enabled. I select enable and nothing happens.
    Last edited by nojok3; 07/21/2009 at 09:54 PM.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Donation Confirmation: 6VR819414R0443833

Thanks for all the hard work!

Quick Question in short: Is root truly required?

"You need root, or the Palm SDK to install this app, but after installing you shouldn't need to root or ssh in to do anything to make this app work"

Does this mean with a non-rooted Pre, we can install via Palm SDK? I have tried installing both files via SDK but nothing is enabled. When I enable USB tethering,it prompts me that USBNet must be enabled. I select enable and nothing happens.
    root is required for installing webos-internals ipk... my tether can be installed without root and just sdk. look in your inbox for an email from aonic. since you donated.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hello..I'm trying to use the USB Tether, I'm using a vista 32 bit PC, followed the instruction above to a tee.. I installed webosinternal, enable usbnet, modified my dnsmasq.palm.conf. Updated the Remote NDIS driver per instructions.. When I enable My Tether on the Pre, it tells me that Tethering On & Services: DHCP USBNet are on. However, Tethering is not working for me via USB...Help Please!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MelCloud View Post
    Hello..I'm trying to use the USB Tether, I'm using a vista 32 bit PC, followed the instruction above to a tee.. I installed webosinternal, enable usbnet, modified my dnsmasq.palm.conf. Updated the Remote NDIS driver per instructions.. When I enable My Tether on the Pre, it tells me that Tethering On & Services: DHCP USBNet are on. However, Tethering is not working for me via USB...Help Please!!
    when you turned usbnet on did you reboot your pre and when you installed webos-internals did you use root to install or sdk? webos-internals requires root installation and enabling usbnet requires a reboot.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Does anyone know what exactly the deal with the sprint data cap is for the palm pre plan? I've searched on google a bit, but everything seems to be from last year talking about what people were anticipating, not what the actual terms are.

Any info is appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by mkl5@gmail.com View Post
    Does anyone know what exactly the deal with the sprint data cap is for the palm pre plan? I've searched on google a bit, but everything seems to be from last year talking about what people were anticipating, not what the actual terms are.

Any info is appreciated
    if you have to worry about the data cap you probably should not be tethering. it is not meant to be your main source for internet and downloading movies music or video games. not really great for streaming video online either. but i believe the data cap is 5gigs before they start sending you nasty letters and suspending your data usage.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Yes, I rebooted my pre after turning on usbnet and I installed webosinternals via root. However, I'm currently using Tethering via wifi using my USB cable to keep my phone charged.. Working great!! Thanks for your assistance.. But, I still would like to know why usbnet isn't working..
    Quote Originally Posted by MelCloud View Post
    Yes, I rebooted my pre after turning on usbnet and I installed webosinternals via root. However, I'm currently using Tethering via wifi using my USB cable to keep my phone charged.. Working great!! Thanks for your assistance.. But, I still would like to know why usbnet isn't working..
    Using usb cable to keep pre charged when tethering with wifi is almost a must because when screen goes to sleep it kills your wifi connection as for your usb tethering. well if wifi is working then dhcp did enable correctly when you rebooted your pre and are now connected through usb did you get a prompt for new hardware? A network device? and if you did were you able to fallow the steps posted to install the usbNet driver for your os (Vista 32)? maybe one of your other network cards is taking over try disabling the others as long as Ethernet is not plugged in you are okay there as for wifi maybe turn off the wifi switch on your computer then try usb tether with pre.

were you able to get a LAN network between pre and computer with usb? if so did it get an IP (that looks like 192.168.xxx.xxx)?

If you were not able to get a LAN network and you dont think usbnet was enabled. then log in as root and type in
    Code:
    enable usbnet
    now it will prompt you to restart your pre do so and try usb tethering one more time.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    what's new in 1.2.1?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    im tethering with the usb cable atm and its working flawless but im only getting a .6mb connection according to speedtest.net

i used to get about 1.5megs with my touch pro...is this because the pre is slower or because im tethering over usb? or what could be the problem? btw i have 5 bars so my signal isnt a problem
    Im sittin in my room in Hawaii tethering. This alone is worth a month of donations! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by xTKxhom3r View Post
    im tethering with the usb cable atm and its working flawless but im only getting a .6mb connection according to speedtest.net

i used to get about 1.5megs with my touch pro...is this because the pre is slower or because im tethering over usb? or what could be the problem? btw i have 5 bars so my signal isnt a problem
    The speed will vary. You may have a good signal but a good quality signal is different story there maybe some sort of interferience or perhaps its peak hour at the momment for some odd reason. Also depends on which server you are doing the speed test to. Fyi everyone a speed test is never a real test of your connection speed its actually bs for the most part just kind of fun to do. Goahead and pick a server on the west coast you will get a better rating then if that will make you happy haha
    MatterOfFactJack