Page 50 of 217 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 4339
    is there any way to isntal this app without rooting my pre.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    That's terrific - thanks for a great app and nice clean installation. Well done!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Just donated. Thanks!
    First of all, Thanks to aonic, I finally got the tether to work and it works great. I'll be donating soon. I do have an off beat question and figured you would be the one person to ask. Is it possible to have and ad-hoc connection with my wireless hp laptop and if so, how would I do it? Thanks again,

Felix
    I haven't been able to find a link for the 1.2.4 ipk... Do I have to make 10 posts in order to get that link, is that it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by filxtp View Post
    First of all, Thanks to aonic, I finally got the tether to work and it works great. I'll be donating soon. I do have an off beat question and figured you would be the one person to ask. Is it possible to have and ad-hoc connection with my wireless hp laptop and if so, how would I do it? Thanks again,

Felix
    If you are tethering by wifi then you are using an ad-hoc connection. if you mean tethering using usb then broadcasting it using your wireless card through your computer you might as well just tether wifi with pre

Quote Originally Posted by e-motion View Post
    I haven't been able to find a link for the 1.2.4 ipk... Do I have to make 10 posts in order to get that link, is that it ?
    That's a donor version only not open to the public.
    Last edited by jack87; 07/21/2009 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    That's a donor version only not open to the public.
    That kind of blows 'cause I'm not that technical when it comes to handsets and donating before even knowing if I'll be able to install the app doesn't sound too great.
    Whats new in 1.2.4?
    That kind of blows 'cause I'm not that technical when it comes to handsets and donating before even knowing if I'll be able to install the app doesn't sound too great.
    lets put it this way. you will be able to install it
  10.    #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by teranenrique View Post
    Whats new in 1.2.4?
    We don't promote or discuss 1.2.4 right now because I don't want to encourage users to donate to get something, only if they feel like doing so out of appreciation of the work in here

1.2.4 has a lot of experimental stuff, thats another reason its not public, new features to experiment are added there and they might not always be stable, such as the beta installer.

But things are getting stable, and i'll be starting to make some changes to the public version.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    ok, if im connected using ad-hoc, can i transfer files wirelessly? And if so how?

Thanks
  12.    #992  
    transfer files from what to where?
    sorry, from the laptop to the pre or vice-versa
    ok, if im connected using ad-hoc, can i transfer files wirelessly? And if so how?

Thanks
    As far as I know you do not have access to the Pre file system when using MyTether to tether over wifi. I believe only the USB cable can let you do that right now.
    ok. cool.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    We don't promote or discuss 1.2.4 right now because I don't want to encourage users to donate to get something, only if they feel like doing so out of appreciation of the work in here

1.2.4 has a lot of experimental stuff, thats another reason its not public, new features to experiment are added there and they might not always be stable, such as the beta installer.

But things are getting stable, and i'll be starting to make some changes to the public version.
    This is awesome! I finally started installing homebrew apps this week and I'm really excited by what I've been seeing. I used to use PdaNet for the Treo and it came in handy a lot when I didn't have access! I'm tempted to root my Pre, but i'm not in a huge rush, so I'm probably going to wait for a regular non-root installation method. Can you install 1.2.4 the regular homebrew way, or is that still not completed? If not, do you think that option will be available in days? weeks? no idea? I'll likely donate when a version like that comes out.

Thanks for all your hard work!
  17.    #997  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    This is awesome! I finally started installing homebrew apps this week and I'm really excited by what I've been seeing. I used to use PdaNet for the Treo and it came in handy a lot when I didn't have access! I'm tempted to root my Pre, but i'm not in a huge rush, so I'm probably going to wait for a regular non-root installation method. Can you install 1.2.4 the regular homebrew way, or is that still not completed? If not, do you think that option will be available in days? weeks? no idea? I'll likely donate when a version like that comes out.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    There is a installer in the works that installs My Tether for you without having to use linux
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    If you can get 1.2.1 to work you will be ok with 1.2.4. It has for everyone else that has tried. Its a great app
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    There is a installer in the works that installs My Tether for you without having to use linux
    That would be awesome. I'll be looking forward to it. I assume u're not making any announcements yet about when you're expecting to release that?
    sorry, from the laptop to the pre or vice-versa
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyodyn View Post
    As far as I know you do not have access to the Pre file system when using MyTether to tether over wifi. I believe only the USB cable can let you do that right now.

Yes you can transfer files wirelessy using sftp instructions are here if you dont have any luck getting it set up your best bet for getting support would be off the wiki or webos-internals.org
    sweet! I was post #1000
    Last edited by jack87; 07/22/2009 at 01:27 AM.