Page 5 of 217 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    WOW! I'll try this during lunch today! Thanks so much for this find! Are you on 64bit? Hoping that driver is available to Vista 64 as well as 32!
    Running 32bit Vista Home Premium. Try 64bit and lets see whats happening. The dev wiki says for 64bit to do the following :
    If driver/device fails to come online in network sharing center, simply click start->right click computer-> properties Click Device manager and look for the device "Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget" you can then right click disable/enable the device. That's all.
    @aonic
    Thanks for this great app. If you upgrade it to a newer version, we will have to uninstall the old files and install the new ones correct? If so I posted some code above and if it works, adding it to the sticky will help others.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by antivirus6613 View Post
    @aonic
    Thanks for this great app. If you upgrade it to a newer version, we will have to uninstall the old files and install the new ones correct? If so I posted some code above and if it works, adding it to the sticky will help others.
    Thanks! no, you just ipkg install the new package, and the ipkg system automatically handles upgrading it to the new version
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    I hate to be a dinosaur, but has any tried this on 2000? My old lappy runs 2000 still and this is my play computer... Would love to know if this would work, as this is the last piece in my Pre puzzle....

Thanks
    Worked perfectly!

1. I rooted phone. (this doesn't really do anything in and of itself. You are just setting up terminal access to your Pre)
    2. Installed both ipks
    3. Setup usbnet and dhcp on palm. (restarted Pre)
    4. Installed 32 bit driver (on Vista 32).
    5. Set Linux USB Ethernet connection to dhcp and set dns to 4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2.
    6. Opened MyTether, enabled. (needed to disable wifi on Pre)
    7. Surfing web and used Cisco VPN to RDP into desktop at work! (speed test attached).

Posted via Pre MyTether
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/08/2009 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Worked perfectly!

1. I rooted phone. (this doesn't really do anything in and of itself. You are just setting up terminal access to your Pre)
    2. Installed both ipks
    3. Setup usbnet and dhcp on palm. (restarted Pre)
    4. Installed 32 bit driver (on Vista 32).
    5. Set Linux USB Ethernet connection to dhcp and set dns to 4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2.
    6. Opened MyTether, enabled. (needed to disable wifi on Pre)
    7. Surfing web and used Cisco VPN to RDP into desktop at work! (speed test attached).
    What driver did you use? Or did you use the method in the sticky to get it working in 32 bit vista?
    [QUOTE=antivirus6613;1738349]Running 32bit Vista Home Premium. Try 64bit and lets see whats happening. The dev wiki says for 64bit to do the following :

I read that last night but I had no such Linux device in my device manager to enable. What I do have is the one you mentioned with the USB Ethernet Gadget. So I'm going to bank on that fix to work. Will be sure and report back if it works!
    Thanks,
  7.    #87  
    I need beta testers to test wifi version, any takers?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Pm me with the info ill help you test it out .
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    I need beta testers to test wifi version, any takers?
    Count me in. I'm Kris in the #webosdev on Efnet that your in.
    Quote Originally Posted by antivirus6613 View Post
    What driver did you use? Or did you use the method in the sticky to get it working in 32 bit vista?
    Loaded it through device manager.
    (Remove .txt from filename)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'll help beta it if you need just basic beta testing. I have basic Linux knowledge but if you need more in depth knowledge of Linux I may not be the best candidate! I have a pretty high technical level, however.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/08/2009 at 11:24 AM.
  12.    #92  
    The main thing i'd need testing with would be DHCP over wifi, i'll post a beta version in this thread later
    count me in aonic.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i will beta test.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I'm up for beta testing as well. Tried this out last night via BT and it worked flawlessly. I'm eager to see the WiFi capability.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    what is the process for stopping the dameon that makes the PC see the Pre a USB Ethernet Gadget? rebooting. It should be a button flick, and here is why...
    i have Dev Mode on, I have tethering on. I want to go into my Pre via novaproxy and cannot because the PC cannot find it.. error message is novacomd couldn't find your Pre.
    whatever process or dameon is started should be stoppable within the GUI.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    donation sent. thanks for your hard work aonic
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    donation sent. thanks for your hard work aonic
    Ditto, sent some as well. Thanks much aonic!
  19.    #99  
    thanks for the donations

s4mb4: the new version has a Services panel to turn off everything the app turns on, that service you're referring to is USBnet
    Again, thanks!

BTW how long has AONIC LLC existed?