Page 48 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898148 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 4339
  1. #941  
    Donated, keep up the good work!

    Confirmation number: 53L10054UG321674F
  2. #942  
    When i try to install the drivers for the USB tethering it fails. I cant get that to work either.
  3. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    The webos-internals needs to be installed using root. otherwise it will not work

    There is a new wiki that explains how to 'root' your pre. after rooting fallow the instructions on how to install webos-internals using terminal/putty. as for the tether app itself you are fine installing that via sdk.

    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals



    well you can try the usb method in a senesce it is like a wired adhoc almost. if it works with usb should work with wifi.
    While this may have been covered before, Is there a definite way to close up any potential security holes after installing MyTether and still be able to use it? When I rooted my Pre I enabled Root write permission. A step by step method for closing things up would be appreciated. Thanks!
  4. #944  
    Quote Originally Posted by rev313 View Post
    When i try to install the drivers for the USB tethering it fails. I cant get that to work either.
    The error i get is:

    This device cannot start. (Code 10)
  5.    #945  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    While this may have been covered before, Is there a definite way to close up any potential security holes after installing MyTether and still be able to use it? When I rooted my Pre I enabled Root write permission. A step by step method for closing things up would be appreciated. Thanks!
    You can remount your file system back to ro, the original instructions made it ro after the actions that needed rw were done.

    Code:
    mount -o remount ro, /
    And if you were referring to webosinternals, please read the reply i wrote in the other forums to your post.

    rev313 sorry I don't know about that problem, perhaps someone else in the forum can give some insight on that error
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  6. #946  
    [QUOTE=jack87;1763573]The webos-internals needs to be installed using root. otherwise it will not work

    There is a new wiki that explains how to 'root' your pre. after rooting fallow the instructions on how to install webos-internals using terminal/putty. as for the tether app itself you are fine installing that via sdk.

    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

    I GOT IT WORKIN!....Thank You for your help!!!!! Im Tethering on my Macbook pro as i type this reply!

    The rooting part was confusing but i just kept going.
  7. #947  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    While this may have been covered before, Is there a definite way to close up any potential security holes after installing MyTether and still be able to use it? When I rooted my Pre I enabled Root write permission. A step by step method for closing things up would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Just as Aonic says few posts above. This will make your filesystem back to read only it will not plug up the wholes that webos-internals package opens up.

    Quote Originally Posted by rev313 View Post
    The error i get is:

    This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    I had the same issue with both my laptops. what i did attempted to install the driver all over again... going through the whole process and when you select have disk it asks to choose between two drivers.. so get to this point and pick the one you didn't pick last time. and finish the wizard see if it works. if it doesn't work do it again and pick the one you picked the first time.. haha for me third time was a charm on both computers... perhaps also try rebooting the computer after you do all of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHillpg View Post

    I GOT IT WORKIN!....Thank You for your help!!!!! Im Tethering on my Macbook pro as i type this reply!

    The rooting part was confusing but i just kept going.
    You are welcome. I am glad i could help enjoy :-)
  8. yiffzer's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by rev313 View Post
    The error i get is:

    This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    I had the very same problem and you're definitely not alone.

    I tried to install the driver on another laptop and it worked. I could not get this to work on my main laptop unfortunately. I do not really know the remedy except: Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Both works well.
  9. yiffzer's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #949  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I had the same issue with both my laptops. what i did attempted to install the driver all over again... going through the whole process and when you select have disk it asks to choose between two drivers.. so get to this point and pick the one you didn't pick last time. and finish the wizard see if it works. if it doesn't work do it again and pick the one you picked the first time.. haha for me third time was a charm on both computers... perhaps also try rebooting the computer after you do all of that.
    That does not work for me at all. It doesn't ask to choose between two drivers. It uses the same driver as I installed before.
  10. #950  
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    That does not work for me at all. It doesn't ask to choose between two drivers. It uses the same driver as I installed before.
    make sure you click on 'Have Disk' select the inf file at this point you will have the choice between the two linux network drivers.
  11. #951  
    Ps I'm using xp sp 3
  12. yiffzer's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #952  
    XP SP3 too.

    That is what I've done all along. It does not come up with two different versions.
  13. jsa334's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #953  
    jack87,
    Not sure it will help not running XP anymore and may not remember all the steps since you do and can verify. Yiffzer remove current driver and click hardware refresh at top of device manager when windows finds the new hardware chose option not letting windows search for driver. When screen comes up choose have disk and choose directory where you saved drivers.
    You may also try uninstall driver then go to add new hardware in control panel and choose to find yourself looking for ethernet device or similar to that and pick driver from disk/file. Hope this helps
  14. jsa334's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #954  
    PS Leave Pre connected while doing this
  15. madolen's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    #955  
    Amazing App. worth the 10$ donation.

    Thanks to the creator

    ... Question

    I have two computers:
    A Dell (XP) and an HP (Vista)
    When I connect via WiFi or Bluetooth or USB
    I get .5 mb/s on my HP, and I get 1.5 mb/s on my Dell... I cant figure out why. Any Ideas why my download speed is so much higher on my dell??
  16. jsa334's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    Amazing App. worth the 10$ donation.

    Thanks to the creator

    ... Question

    I have two computers:
    A Dell (XP) and an HP (Vista)
    When I connect via WiFi or Bluetooth or USB
    I get .5 mb/s on my HP, and I get 1.5 mb/s on my Dell... I cant figure out why. Any Ideas why my download speed is so much higher on my dell??
    madolen
    It probably has something to do with the driver Vista is using for the wireless network adaptor.
    Or placement of computers closer to wireless, walls, ect.
    Last edited by jsa334; 07/20/2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add content
  17. yiffzer's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #957  
    How did you measure this?
  18. #958  
    When installed it just says "Enabling WiFi Tethering...".....what do i do?
  19. jsa334's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #959  
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    How did you measure this?
    speedtest.net works
  20. jsa334's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #960  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjean View Post
    When installed it just says "Enabling WiFi Tethering...".....what do i do?
    connect your computer to prenet in available networks

Posting Permissions