Page 47 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast
  1.    #921  
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHillpg View Post
    Well I have the My Tether app on my phone and from there I dono wat to do next.
    Enable wifi tether and connect your computer to a wifi network called PreNet
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I tethered all the way from San Diego to Vegas while my wife drove the car. Thanks!
  3.    #923  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaklee3 View Post
    I tethered all the way from San Diego to Vegas while my wife drove the car. Thanks!
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Enable wifi tether and connect your computer to a wifi network called PreNet
    Do I have to install an application on my mac inorder to do the wifi network or do it finds it using Airport? I tried scanning for a new network but my airport didn't find anything. Thanx for ur help
  5.    #925  
    No you don't. It's an ad-hoc wifi network, make sure somewhere in your settings you're not preventing ad-hoc networks.

The name is PreNet
    No you don't. It's an ad-hoc wifi network, make sure somewhere in your settings you're not preventing ad-hoc networks.

The name is PreNet
    ok how do i connect my computer to wifi?
    Do I have to install an application on my mac inorder to do the wifi network or do it finds it using Airport? I tried scanning for a new network but my airport didn't find anything. Thanx for ur help
    Connect via airport if you have newest mac os it should bebuner 'devices' list when you click airport button top right corner by the clock.. Make sure your pre screen is turned on while tethering or pre is on charger
    Ok so the problem i had before where my machine couldn't get anywhere with the pre via wifi tethering is happening again. Here is a run down of the situation. I am trying to tether my laptop to my pre via wifi tether. The problem is DHCP is not working at all any more. I had it working last week all day one day but the next day it just wouldn't assign an IP. I tried rebooting it and even pulling the main batt out to make sure it shut all the way down. To make sure it wasn't just an issue with my laptop i got a few other people to try and connect and they dont get IPs either. All out systems just assign them selves the default internal IP. I just cannot get DHCP working again. Also i tried makeing sure that i turned DHCP off before turning of the tether and closing it. That didn't seem to fix the problem either. I also try to use a static IP for it and that dont work. Every time wether static or DHCP it shows it connect but it never gets an IP from DHCP or gets anywhere with static. What can i do?
    I used to use the proxy method with bluetooth. Before I installed this app, I undid all the changes on the pre that made the bluetooth tethering work (using IE/Socks Proxy). I installed this app and everything works except bluetooth. I have rebooted and changed options many times and still no go. So I guess it will be just Wireless and USB for me. That is OK as I don't think I will be using bluetooth given the other options. Just wanted to let you know that bluetooth was not working for me. There was a blurb on page one about bluetooth working. Anyone with a fresh rooted pre able to get bluetooth working using this app alone?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    App works great!

Additional functionality requests
    -activity monitor
    -connected devices list
    -boot connected device
    -create password for ad hoc connection
    -data usage monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Williams View Post
    I used to use the proxy method with bluetooth. Before I installed this app, I undid all the changes on the pre that made the bluetooth tethering work (using IE/Socks Proxy). I installed this app and everything works except bluetooth. I have rebooted and changed options many times and still no go. So I guess it will be just Wireless and USB for me. That is OK as I don't think I will be using bluetooth given the other options. Just wanted to let you know that bluetooth was not working for me. There was a blurb on page one about bluetooth working. Anyone with a fresh rooted pre able to get bluetooth working using this app alone?
    For bluetooth all you have to do is connect with PAN like you were doing in the past and simply enable tethering with usb thats all there is to it. but for the record its pointless bluetooth is slower then your evdo connection in theory bluetooth should be 2mbs but never performs at that rate. Just use wifi and usb for fastest results.

Quote Originally Posted by seekis View Post
    App works great!

Additional functionality requests
    -activity monitor
    -connected devices list
    -boot connected device
    -create password for ad hoc connection
    -data usage monitor
    You can see all this excitement and more in the donor section. Link for donations is located on the OP if you would like to contribute.
    aonic

I have just donated

Confirmation number: 6V365322KW1288910.
    everything works fine
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Connect via airport if you have newest mac os it should bebuner 'devices' list when you click airport button top right corner by the clock.. Make sure your pre screen is turned on while tethering or pre is on charger
    Ok when im on the Tethering app i turn on the Wifi and it says "Enabling WiFi Tethering..."

I go to Services and turn on "DHCP"

When i go to my airport on my Mac nothing shows up but my wireless internet connection.

I installed the Tethering app onto my pre using Windows.
    I also installed the "org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk" into my Pre but i dont see nothing on my Pre about it.

Please HELP. Thank You
    Quote Originally Posted by rev313 View Post
    Ok so the problem i had before where my machine couldn't get anywhere with the pre via wifi tethering is happening again. Here is a run down of the situation. I am trying to tether my laptop to my pre via wifi tether. The problem is DHCP is not working at all any more. I had it working last week all day one day but the next day it just wouldn't assign an IP. I tried rebooting it and even pulling the main batt out to make sure it shut all the way down. To make sure it wasn't just an issue with my laptop i got a few other people to try and connect and they dont get IPs either. All out systems just assign them selves the default internal IP. I just cannot get DHCP working again. Also i tried makeing sure that i turned DHCP off before turning of the tether and closing it. That didn't seem to fix the problem either. I also try to use a static IP for it and that dont work. Every time wether static or DHCP it shows it connect but it never gets an IP from DHCP or gets anywhere with static. What can i do?
    Any one have a solution for this?
  16.    #936  
    UrbanHillpg -- did you install webosinternals.services from root?

rev313 -- is your computer set to get the IP automatically?

To be honest i dono know what is "Root". I dragged the .ipk file into this icon thats on my Windows Vista desktop that has a Green arrow pointing down.

lol sorry i dono much about Root and no Root, SDK.... etc......

Yeah i have my laptop set to DHCP to get the IP automatically and i know the system works as it does just fine on my wireless network at home and other wifi spots i connect to.
    Is there a way to restart the DHCP service with out useing the app? I have tried everything i know to do. Is there any way to get it to work with out it being an Ad-Hoc connection. Maybe thats my problem. I wonder if i have a config issue that hinders Ad-Hoc. Then again i did get it working last week and i did no config changes before it stopped working. I am jsut at a loss.
    To be honest i dono know what is "Root". I dragged the .ipk file into this icon thats on my Windows Vista desktop that has a Green arrow pointing down.

lol sorry i dono much about Root and no Root, SDK.... etc......
    The webos-internals needs to be installed using root. otherwise it will not work

There is a new wiki that explains how to 'root' your pre. after rooting fallow the instructions on how to install webos-internals using terminal/putty. as for the tether app itself you are fine installing that via sdk.

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by rev313 View Post
    Is there a way to restart the DHCP service with out useing the app? I have tried everything i know to do. Is there any way to get it to work with out it being an Ad-Hoc connection. Maybe thats my problem. I wonder if i have a config issue that hinders Ad-Hoc. Then again i did get it working last week and i did no config changes before it stopped working. I am jsut at a loss.
    well you can try the usb method in a senesce it is like a wired adhoc almost. if it works with usb should work with wifi.
    Last edited by jack87; 07/20/2009 at 03:03 PM.