Page 41 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
    PLEASE HELP:

I searched this thread but did not find my specific problem. I am able to install (both packets you suggested) via SDK/emulator combo.

As I have installed 4 other homebrew apps, all of them, including MY TETHER have installed (apparently) properly

-I open the MY TETHER app on my PRE, and click DCHP "on" in "services"
    -I made sure my PRE WiFi is not active...
    -MY TETHER displays "Enabling WiFi Tethering..."

It stays stuck on that screen and does not move past it... HELP!

Note: I tried re-installing the webosinternals to no avail...
    Hi,

I would like to donate but I'm confused about some things. If I just want to use the wifi, can I use Greg's install program to install the My Tether app and then that's it? Then, once I donate there is another version available to me? Can I then just delete the already installed version in the typical manner and reinstall the other?

thanks
    Thanks aonic, I'll paste in the code and try it again tonight. I'm sure its a user error on my part. Everybody else seems to be getting theirs to work.

Thanks again,

Felix
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    AONIC,

Well, here's to a very useful App. Hope it continues

Here is my donation confirmation: 97C39208M7448633J

bgc42169
  5.    #805  
    Quote Originally Posted by survivalsounds View Post
    PLEASE HELP:

I searched this thread but did not find my specific problem. I am able to install (both packets you suggested) via SDK/emulator combo.

As I have installed 4 other homebrew apps, all of them, including MY TETHER have installed (apparently) properly

-I open the MY TETHER app on my PRE, and click DCHP "on" in "services"
    -I made sure my PRE WiFi is not active...
    -MY TETHER displays "Enabling WiFi Tethering..."

It stays stuck on that screen and does not move past it... HELP!

Note: I tried re-installing the webosinternals to no avail...
    Webosinternals MUST be installed from root

Quote Originally Posted by jcydon View Post
    Hi,

I would like to donate but I'm confused about some things. If I just want to use the wifi, can I use Greg's install program to install the My Tether app and then that's it? Then, once I donate there is another version available to me? Can I then just delete the already installed version in the typical manner and reinstall the other?

thanks
    I'm not sure, I haven't been following that. But donors currently have access to a installer and it automatically handles removing old versions and installing the new one.

My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Webosinternals MUST be installed from root

I'm not sure, I haven't been following that. But donors currently have access to a installer and it automatically handles removing old versions and installing the new one.

Does the installer remove the need to root?
    hey man i need your help to make this application work for me i already have it in my pre...but i dont know how to use it please hope hear from any time soon have a great day!
    Thanks so much for all your work and for the quick response!

Is there a quick link to doing this step by step, versus using the SDK/Emulator route?
  9.    #809  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyodyn View Post
    Does the installer remove the need to root?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal12 View Post
    hey man i need your help to make this application work for me i already have it in my pre...but i dont know how to use it please hope hear from any time soon have a great day!
    Open My Tether, click Wifi, then toggle "ON", connect your laptop to PreNet network

Thanks so much for all your work and for the quick response!

Is there a quick link to doing this step by step, versus using the SDK/Emulator route?
    The first post has the commands you need to run after rooting to install.
    Thanks for the awsome job to everybody involved in making this a better app for us. You guys rock!

So, even if I use Greg's PreBrew Tool to install this app on the pre, I would still need to root in the webosinternals??? I just want to be sure, so I can remove if so. Hopefully I'll get the gust to root my pre some day, but until then I'll keep it on the safe side.
  11.    #811  
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Thanks for the awsome job to everybody involved in making this a better app for us. You guys rock!

So, even if I use Greg's PreBrew Tool to install this app on the pre, I would still need to root in the webosinternals??? I just want to be sure, so I can remove if so. Hopefully I'll get the gust to root my pre some day, but until then I'll keep it on the safe side.
    I don't know what his tool does, maybe someone else can answer this
    I just have to figure out how to "root to install" then I guess...
    Yes
    Donated 2LR65299JK534573V
    Here's a good question because it can impact almost everyone on here in terms of $$$...

Does anyone know whether SPRINT is able to tell that you are using extra data services caused by tethering a laptop, for instance?

They have a $99 unlimited plan but does not include PHONE AS MODEM... With all plans, they still upsell you to the feature of PHONE AS MODEM capability.

Since the PRE is already a web based device, can they tell that you are tethered, or does it assume the data being used is from your PRE handset over their network?
    Donated 0EC22952W8158413F

You're a life saver!
    I don't know what his tool does, maybe someone else can answer this
    Basicaly is a Drag & Drop tool that lets you easily install homebrew apps, without the need to root your Pre: pre dev wiki: Installing Apps on a Stock Pre (consumer friendly method)
  17.    #817  
    Here's a good question because it can impact almost everyone on here in terms of $$$...

Does anyone know whether SPRINT is able to tell that you are using extra data services caused by tethering a laptop, for instance?

They have a $99 unlimited plan but does not include PHONE AS MODEM... With all plans, they still upsell you to the feature of PHONE AS MODEM capability.

Since the PRE is already a web based device, can they tell that you are tethered, or does it assume the data being used is from your PRE handset over their network?
    If all youre using tethering for is general browsing and kind of data usage you would get from using the pre regularly, im sure it all looks the same to their monitoring systems. Of course if you doing gigs of torrents and downloading movies, im sure they will catch you ;p
    If all youre using tethering for is general browsing and kind of data usage you would get from using the pre regularly, im sure it all looks the same to their monitoring systems. Of course if you doing gigs of torrents and downloading movies, im sure they will catch you ;p
    Bingo! In other words don't be stupid when tethering and you have nothing to worry about. If you don't know what I mean by stupid you probably shouldn't be tethering.
    why does the program look different than the one I installed? It doesn't have the sleep option in the settings just the two..?
    thank you for creating this app. I've been doing a different method to tether via bluetooth on my linux laptop and this your app has made my life more simple to tether my phone.