Page 38 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888138 ... LastLast
    I dont even have the app installed yet since I'm waiting for the files to download so I can root my Pre lol. But I already donated! Even if somehow I cant get it working on my Pre, you deserve some cash for all the great work!

Confirmation#: 6VR939429T230341N
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    anyone have a issue with dropped calls since installing 1.2.1?

i am in a large city with a million towers, jsut wondering
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    nothing in the mail, do i need to check that box in precentral set up so you can see it or do you already have my email.

on your mytether phorum my log in is still ldschi

thanks
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Great Software - Just Donated:

9MJ49636NX134922N
  5.    #745  
    Thank you for the donations everyone.

idschi: sorry about that, you should have the information now.
    nigfink: your email address keeps bouncing back? I'm PMing you here on the forums.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Hi, I still need help using this with a MacBook Pro. Rather than show up as one of my Wireless Networks it shows up under devices as PreNet. I'm able to connect to it but am not able to access the internet.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Version 1.2.3 bug.

I dont know if anyone else has seen this. But After establishing the WIFI Name and key. It switched back to the AONIC settings that were present after initial install. I didnt happen immediatly
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Great thanks..not sure why my email is bouncing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Hi, I still need help using this with a MacBook Pro. Rather than show up as one of my Wireless Networks it shows up under devices as PreNet. I'm able to connect to it but am not able to access the internet.
    i dont understand what yo meanunder devices and being able to connect. what happens if you press on the curved lines top right corner for the airport manager... make sure it is turned on and in the list should pop up with prenet. i can not imagine what you mean shows up under devices and connecting to it.
    did you wait for your macbook to complete the connection before trying? often times it can take a full minute for it to complete the connection.
    Originally Posted by AndrewL733.
    I started out using WIFI connection (with 1.2.1) and it worked perfectly. Then for kicks I tried out USB connection. Enabling USB connection required me to reboot the phone, then USB worked fine. However, after enabling USB, it seems I am no longer able to disable it. Even when I turn it off in the My Tether application, USB keeps coming back on. And if I plug a USB cable into my laptop, I get a DHCP address on USB0 (Linux laptop ) I can disable USB0 on my laptop and still use the phones Ad-Hoc WIFI. But I'm just wondering why USB won't go off on the phone. I try to turn it off in "Services" and it comes back on. And I also try to turn it off in the main menu.
    Turns out the problem here was solved by turning off USB after unplugging the USB cable from my computer, and then waiting a while until I got a prompt from the Pre asking if I wanted to disable USBnet. Saying "yes" required a reboot. So, it seem the USB networking is either always running or always off. You can't turn it on and off without rebooting.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    i dont understand what yo meanunder devices and being able to connect. what happens if you press on the curved lines top right corner for the airport manager... make sure it is turned on and in the list should pop up with prenet. i can not imagine what you mean shows up under devices and connecting to it.

Here is a screen shot of what I get:

PreNet
  13.    #753  

PreNet
    Thats weird. Is USBNet off?
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Done! My Pre is rooted and everything installed perfectly with no problems! Thank you so much aonic...

BTW, I did it all on my Vista 64-bit laptop and didn't have a single problem.

Last edited by Garrett92C; 07/16/2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: speed test :-)
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Thats weird. Is USBNet off?
    Yes, USBNet is off...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Confirmation number: 277189085L022535R

Just donated. Thanks for the app... Look forward to more features.....
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Donated: 7JJ77312TY876884D

Eager to get some WEP action going

PreNet
    got it... seems to make sense since prenet is actually an adhoc network meaning you are connecting directly to another device. i will investigate with the mac at work and get back to you in a moment.
    Picture 1.png

That is odd for me it doesnt show it as a device but a computer to computer network which is what adhoc is i am running mac osx 10.4.11

Edit:
    Tested it and it worked like a charm

Picture 2.png

Update: Devices is on macs 10.5.xx and up where computer to computer s on macs 10.4.xx and perhaps lower. so it is the same thing...

must remember to keep pre screen on to prevent from killing wifi connection.
    Last edited by jack87; 07/16/2009 at 05:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I get the same thing showing it as a device. I can connect my Macbook via the Pre to the net. using 10.5.7
    Marty
    Handspring Visor -> Handspring Treo 180 That stated it would have Wi-Fi -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650->Treo 700P ->Centro->Pre