Page 37 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
  1.    #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubish View Post
    Thank you, could you please be more specific on the doner forum placement of the removal instructions?
    Which 1.2 are you talking about?
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have 1.1 from our initial interaction (Thank you) I think the 1.2.3 would be great but I am thinking I would have fewer issues with the connection. I finally have Vista back to where it was before we started (30+ manual driver installs later).
  3.    #723  
    Sorry I was confused, this should remove the old one and install the new one:
    Code:
    mount -o remount rw, /
    ipkg remove net.aonic.my-tether
    mount -o remount ro, /

cd /tmp/
    wget http://vz.aonic.net:8080/~raja/pre/net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.1_all.ipk
    ipkg -o /var/ install net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.1_all.ipk

rm net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.1_all.ipk
    /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    will this ever be available for pre's that are not rooted? i mean... the official SDK is out.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have two phones i am trying to make this work on. The WIFI tether works as long as the phone doesn't turn the screen off.

About 10 seconds after the phone turns the screen off (due to 30 seconds of screen inactivity) It drops WIFI connection and I have to wake up the phone and reconnect to the PRE NET wifi network. Then same thing happens again after screen goes off...

Any ideas?
    Donor version has an option to disable this. I'm not sure if 1.2.1 does (I'm a donor and went from 1.0.4 to 1.2.X doner). Based on the screen shots in the first post, I would guess not.

You may want to change your screen timeout to help a little (or ideally donate).

This is one of the very few Apps that I would not think twice about donating to. Both because of it's usefulness and aonic's responsiveness and support of this app.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/16/2009 at 11:12 AM.
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    will this ever be available for pre's that are not rooted? i mean... the official SDK is out.
    I'm working on this. Expect a non-root installer for users before the end of the week.

If you want to know what other features will be released with the installer: My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I am scratching my head on this...rooted everything and with the USB it works great.
    For some reason my computer will not find the pre when in Wi-Fi.

For now I am just going to stick with the USB but would like to figure the Wi-Fi out as it is driving me crazy.Great program.
    Donation coming your way.
  9.    #729  
    Quote Originally Posted by bridic View Post
    I am scratching my head on this...rooted everything and with the USB it works great.
    For some reason my computer will not find the pre when in Wi-Fi.

For now I am just going to stick with the USB but would like to figure the Wi-Fi out as it is driving me crazy.Great program.
    Donation coming your way.
    Your computer might have somewhere in its settings to not connect to adhoc networks (check your network settings)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have 1.1 from our initial interaction (Thank you) I think the 1.2.3 would be great but I am thinking I would have fewer issues with the connection. I finally have Vista back to where it was before we started (30+ manual driver installs later).
    My brother's Pre could not pick up on my Pre's broadcast. However, my laptop and iPod touch connected properly. Any idea why that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    My brother's Pre could not pick up on my Pre's broadcast. However, my laptop and iPod touch connected properly. Any idea why that is?
    I could be wrong... but perhaps because the pre doesn't pick up adhoc just yet
    Nice work. Will be waiting for the installer. I presume that no rooting will be required?

Made a donation. Here is the info. Take care.

Confirmation number: 2E054576D4278715K
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Your computer might have somewhere in its settings to not connect to adhoc networks (check your network settings)
    I will check this out and get back.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Aonic,

Have you been contact by Sprint yet? Just curious.

I had a long talk with a 3Level tech the other day, since i know him. But the Current policy is they are phasing out all phone tethering and pushing the Broadband cards. Current reasoning is that the phones cant handle the bandwith via the USB and Bluetooth and my thoughts they are trying to limit the bandwidth use. He just warned me to keep my bandwidth usage low when using the Pre Tether, which would not be a big deal for me.

By the way luv the Pre Tether and how do i go about get 1.2.3, have 1.2.1 but like to get the better features. Did you happen to add MAC lock list?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I did get My Tether to launch, but when I connect to it on my Mac I can't get through to the internet. Any ideas? I guess I'm using 1.2.1. Thanks, Vincent
    Just installed 1.2.3 this morning. While using tether and even after I close it, my inbox does not push anymore...it doesn't even refresh manually. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    Just installed 1.2.3 this morning. While using tether and even after I close it, my inbox does not push anymore...it doesn't even refresh manually. Has anyone else noticed this?
    closing the app will keep tether still running you need to hit the switch to off.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Donation sent: 673856265L436361D

Thanks for the program and help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    closing the app will keep tether still running you need to hit the switch to off.
    Awesome...that worked!