Page 36 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 4339
  1. #701  
    Confirmation 5LD22237493151313

    Keep up the good work!
  2. #702  
    I'll be rooting and installing My Tether tomorrow! I'm probably just going to install the app via root. That's ok, right? Sorry, I just read every post in this thread and my brain can't think anymore lol. As long as I get it installed ok, expect a donation!
  3. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Originally Posted by jack87
    There are links to root and to install usb driver on the original post. as for security.. it is not available on the current version for the public

    How to root....

    pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access
    Thanks!
    This is a Newb question about how to Root:

    I followed the Root instructions: I downloaded the Web OS File and installed the NovaCom installer. Where and How do I run the terminal program needed to enter the commands to root? Do I run it on the Pre or on my Mac and if on my Mac, how do I tell terminal to talk to the Pre?

    The only experience I have is with running the Terminal app on my Mac.

    Thanks
    Last edited by PreMium; 07/15/2009 at 11:28 PM.
  4. jaredolsen's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #704  
    Donation complete conf #0FC14090KN612462W

    thanks,
  5. #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    This is a Newb question about how to Root:

    I followed the Root instructions: I downloaded the Web OS File and installed the NovaCom installer. Where and How do I run the terminal program needed to enter the commands to root? Do I run it on the Pre or on my Mac and if on my Mac, how do I tell terminal to talk to the Pre?

    The only experience I have is with running the Terminal app on my Mac.

    Thanks
    Ya know what, on the mac i have no clue. perhaps you can try just opening terminal and start by typing cd /opt/nova/bin I'm not sure if this will work but thats what the mac instructions say to do... last time i used mac terminal was about a year ago i can not recall much of it. give it a shot if it does not work i will look more into it for you unless there is someone else on here that might have an answer.
    Last edited by jack87; 07/15/2009 at 11:55 PM.
  6. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #706  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Ya know what, on the mac i have no clue. perhaps you can try just opening terminal and start by typing cd /opt/nova/bin I'm not sure if this will work but thats what the mac instructions say to do... last time i used mac terminal was about a year ago i can not recall much of it. give it a shot if it does not work i will look more into it for you unless there is someone else on here that might have an answer.
    Thanks, yes I took a chance and started typing in the Mac Terminal and it worked....

    Do you know how to create a username and password?
  7. #707  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Thanks, yes I took a chance and started typing in the Mac Terminal and it worked....

    Do you know how to create a username and password?
    Just fallow the instructions it should lead you through it. you will see it take you to another page to creat the user name and pass fallow all the steps and use the dropbear method. you'll know what im talking about when you get to it.

    http://predev.wikidot.com/next-steps-after-rooting

    Edit:
    Basically just copy everything thing that is a line of code and past it into your terminal till you hit step 10 read carefully from there on... in the line of code you have to change preuser to the user name you want. and when picking a password make it a good one.

    Edit2:
    so when done making the user account go over to this next page to install dropbear
    http://predev.wikidot.com/dropbear-install
    Last edited by jack87; 07/15/2009 at 11:59 PM.
  8. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #708  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Just fallow the instructions it should lead you through it. you will see it take you to another page to creat the user name and pass fallow all the steps and use the dropbear method. you'll know what im talking about when you get to it.

    pre dev wiki: Next Steps: Enable the Optware Package Feed

    Edit:
    Basically just copy everything thing that is a line of code and past it into your terminal till you hit step 10 read carefully from there on... in the line of code you have to change preuser to the user name you want. and when picking a password make it a good one.

    Edit2:
    so when done making the user account go over to this next page to install dropbear
    pre dev wiki: Dropbear Install
    Thanks. Again, since I'm new at this.... Do I past these commands all at once, or just one line at a time?
  9. #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Thanks. Again, since I'm new at this.... Do I past these commands all at once, or just one line at a time?
    you can paste them all at once.. all the shaded text... just look carefully at the code after step 10
  10. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #710  
    export MYUSER=preuser # You should change "preuser" to something else (your preferred username)...
    adduser -h /var/home/$MYUSER $MYUSER # You'll be asked to set your password here.

    When doing this step it said my password was too weak. Then I typed another password
    and it said passwords don't match. Then it said passwords don't match. Any idea how to change my new username's password or delete it and start over? Thanks!
    Last edited by PreMium; 07/16/2009 at 12:48 AM.
  11. #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    export MYUSER=preuser # You should change "preuser" to something else (your preferred username)...
    adduser -h /var/home/$MYUSER $MYUSER # You'll be asked to set your password here.

    When doing this step it said my password was too weak. Then I typed another password
    and it said passwords don't match. Then it said passwords don't match. Any idea how to change my new username's password or delete it and start over? Thanks!
    as the user

    Code:
    passwd
    as root

    Code:
    passwd username
  12.    #712  
    Jack87, thank you for answering all these questions thank you fain as well!

    Quote Originally Posted by madmanzero View Post
    well 1.2.1 seem to work ok with usb for me (prob bluetooth).. but def not wifi.

    i have donated as this is a life saver. i try to create the account on the forum but nothing was send to me.
    my acct name is the same (madmanzero) for both precentral and aonic forum..

    please help, will want to get 1.2.3

    you hadn't verified your email address with the activation link


    Quote Originally Posted by EBPMAN View Post
    guys need help. tried to uninstall 1.2. 1 so that I can upgrade to 1.2.3 I received the message nothing to remove. I did an app list via the ipkg list | grep net.aonic
    No thing listed. i did ipkg list i didnt see the app. but its still there even after restarts
    Weird. try deleting it manually since you want to upgrade anyway:

    Code:
    rm -rf /usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/
    /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  13. #713  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    export MYUSER=preuser # You should change "preuser" to something else (your preferred username)...
    adduser -h /var/home/$MYUSER $MYUSER # You'll be asked to set your password here.

    When doing this step it said my password was too weak. Then I typed another password
    and it said passwords don't match. Then it said passwords don't match. Any idea how to change my new username's password or delete it and start over? Thanks!
    I warned you to pick a good password. haha i just created a new user later on some how i came around to deleting the other user name i made with weak/no match password...

    just run the command again make new username (if you are unable to change the password with fain's instructions) and this time make it a good password... my password has 7 letters and two numbers in the end 9 characters total. dont even sweat about deleting the other user name yet
    Last edited by jack87; 07/16/2009 at 04:20 AM.
  14. #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    Oh my... I must be on the crack. I didn't even to think to look at that! lol. Thanks man, all is well now.
    I could of sworn i asked for you to check and see if is still an inf file glad you got it going
  15. ebpman's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #715  
    Thanks for the help. All is well.

    I did the
    rm -rf /usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/
    /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

    Then did a restart.
  16. grubish's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #716  
    Hey Aonic, I am wondering if there is a way to upgrade from the 1.1 to 1.2. I cannot delete the old application. When trying to install overtop the old app by dropping the 1.2 onto the install-bat file, nothing changes.

    Thank you,
  17. #717  
    I tried rooting to me pre and im getting this message

    /bin/sh: raja/pre/org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk: not found
    Connecting to vz.aonic.net:8080 (173.68.88.49:8080)
    wget: can't open 'index.html': File exits
    Connecting to vz.aonic.net:8080 (173.68.88.49:8080)
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

    could someone help me get this file install so I can get the tether working
  18. ldschi's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #718  
    AONIC PPal 5XT38658AX0739219

    thanks a million, you have giving me a new life with this phone! and make travel so much more fun.
  19.    #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubish View Post
    Hey Aonic, I am wondering if there is a way to upgrade from the 1.1 to 1.2. I cannot delete the old application. When trying to install overtop the old app by dropping the 1.2 onto the install-bat file, nothing changes.

    Thank you,
    That's because install.bat installs to a different location than 1.1 did. Use the installer in the donors forum, it will take care of it. Otherwise, you need to do this:

    Code:
    ipkg remove net.aonic.my-tether
    ipkg -o /var remove net.aonic.my-tether
    /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothe B View Post
    I tried rooting to me pre and im getting this message

    /bin/sh: raja/pre/org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk: not found
    Connecting to vz.aonic.net:8080 (173.68.88.49:8080)
    wget: can't open 'index.html': File exits
    Connecting to vz.aonic.net:8080 (173.68.88.49:8080)
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

    could someone help me get this file install so I can get the tether working
    Look's like you had the wrong URL, there's supposed to be a ~ in front of raja

    Quote Originally Posted by ldschi View Post
    AONIC PPal 5XT38658AX0739219

    thanks a million, you have giving me a new life with this phone! and make travel so much more fun.
    Thank you! glad it helped you. Check you inbox also dont forget to email me your username on donors forums after you register
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  20. grubish's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #720  
    Thank you, could you please be more specific on the doner forum placement of the removal instructions?

Posting Permissions