Page 34 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 4339
  1. #661  
    Dude, this thing is FANTASTIC.
    Got everything installed and WiFi tether in Windows 7 working no problem.. amazing job dude!

    I will definitely be donating!
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  2. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by -Drifter- View Post
    The one on the left
    I like the 3rd one
  3. jaredolsen's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #663  
    I want to try and install this program and am amazed how fast this is being developed, however I do not know programing or linux but am savy at following directions and have read all the posts. My concern is that I am running Vista 64 bit and it looks like the SDK does not like Vista 64 bit. Am I in for a head ache if I do this? Anyone out there succesfully install this program with Vista 64 bit and if so can you explain with instructions the process. I would prefer to install the actual tether program through the SDK (allowing it looks like uninstall the normal way) but realize that I must install the webosinternals through root. I just want to know that this will work relativly without hangups before I start.

    thanks all for your expertise and help.
  4. #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredolsen View Post
    I want to try and install this program and am amazed how fast this is being developed, however I do not know programing or linux but am savy at following directions and have read all the posts. My concern is that I am running Vista 64 bit and it looks like the SDK does not like Vista 64 bit. Am I in for a head ache if I do this? Anyone out there succesfully install this program with Vista 64 bit and if so can you explain with instructions the process. I would prefer to install the actual tether program through the SDK (allowing it looks like uninstall the normal way) but realize that I must install the webosinternals through root. I just want to know that this will work relativly without hangups before I start.

    thanks all for your expertise and help.
    There is a lot of hang ups you might run into. If you aren't willing to deal with em don't do it and wait for a future installer. If you think you can deal with em go for it... There is always the web os doctor to the rescue.
  5. #665  
    Ehh, It still wont even see the file to install the driver. I was trying to pick the actual driver file, but it wont see it. And I know its in that folder.
    Oh well I give up
  6. #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    Ehh, It still wont even see the file to install the driver. I was trying to pick the actual driver file, but it wont see it. And I know its in that folder.
    Oh well I give up
    i tried to post last night & it was here and then gone, so i don't know if you got it.

    Navigate to the folder the file is in and click tools > folder options > click the view tab > if there is a check in the "hide extensions for known file types" box remove it and click apply. then look at the name if the driver file & make sure it is just whatever.inf and not something like whatever.inf.txt
  7. ldschi's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #667  
    yes i select the .inf file for the usb driver for the xp, but it will not install, it saus failed to install.

    this only happens on my xp pro machine, not my xp home.

    same with trying to install VBVBVB $3$.$0$.$2$, $or$ $the$ $2$.$2$, $that$ $wont$ $install$ $on$ $the$ $xp$ $pro$, $just$ $the$ $xp$ $home$.

    wierd
  8. #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldschi View Post
    yes i select the .inf file for the usb driver for the xp, but it will not install, it saus failed to install.

    this only happens on my xp pro machine, not my xp home.

    same with trying to install VBVBVB $3$.$0$.$2$, $or$ $the$ $2$.$2$, $that$ $wont$ $install$ $on$ $the$ $xp$ $pro$, $just$ $the$ $xp$ $home$.

    wierd
    I haven't followed your whole saga... but have you check your service pack level on each machine? I believe, some have mentioned that installing SP 3 resolved there issue.

    Edit: Nevermind... I just saw that you mentioned SP3 about a dozen posts up.
  9. #669  
    Aonic, just wanted to say thanks for a great app...

    Paypal Confirmation number: 45F272142X3334347
  10. rmbwebs's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #670  
    I don't think it's really necessary to restart the device to enable/disable usbnet.

    Is there a way to view/edit the code of an .ipk file?
  11. ch0de_Stl's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #671  
    I've notice on two phones. when the phone's screen turns off it disconnect.. Is this normal? Should i have to keep the screen on the whole time?


    Any suggestions!
  12. reddy1980's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #672  
    Awesome app. I just had to donate. Gotta value and appreciate others work. Thanks a million Aonic.
    Donation Details

    Confirmation number: 3KG94875PP0825802
  13. #673  
    So has anyone been successful in tethering via USB on OS X?
  14. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #674  
    Is there a link to 1.2.3? I tried going to PreTether.com but I don't see a new link there, I even tried .../~raja/pre/net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.3_all.ipk without any luck!
  15. #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    Ehh, It still wont even see the file to install the driver. I was trying to pick the actual driver file, but it wont see it. And I know its in that folder.
    Oh well I give up
    When you downloaded it think you might of changed the file name? is it still an .inf .... my last reply to you i had included a quote to instructions i gave someone else did you fallow those instructions to select the actual drive by pushing have disk button rather then picking the path of the driver and having windows search?


    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    I don't think it's really necessary to restart the device to enable/disable usbnet.

    Is there a way to view/edit the code of an .ipk file?
    It is necessary to restart the device for enable or disable usbnet. but after you enable you probably dont have any reason to disable it so just leave it on. you do not need it on if you plan on using bluetooth

    Quote Originally Posted by ch0de_Stl View Post
    I've notice on two phones. when the phone's screen turns off it disconnect.. Is this normal? Should i have to keep the screen on the whole time?


    Any suggestions!
    This is normal. phone screen must stay on for wifi to work or have it on charger touch stone... wall or usb in computer. then if the screen goes off your wifi will not disconnect.

    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Is there a link to 1.2.3? I tried going to PreTether.com but I don't see a new link there, I even tried .../~raja/pre/net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.3_all.ipk without any luck!
    There is no link posted for that. It is strictly a donor version aonic created as a thank you to those who donate. Not to encourage donations either. like i said its made as a thank you which is why he has not mentioned it in the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePennster View Post
    So has anyone been successful in tethering via USB on OS X?
    No luck getting mac to detect the pre as a network adapter yet. i've tried a bit. but to be honest i didnt try to hard considering i'm not a mac user haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by ldschi View Post
    yes i select the .inf file for the usb driver for the xp, but it will not install, it saus failed to install.

    this only happens on my xp pro machine, not my xp home.

    same with trying to install VBVBVB $3$.$0$.$2$, $or$ $the$ $2$.$2$, $that$ $wont$ $install$ $on$ $the$ $xp$ $pro$, $just$ $the$ $xp$ $home$.

    wierd
    Ive got it on two XP Pro computers. the same process you are using for your xp home machine should work.
  16. #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Is there a link to 1.2.3? I tried going to PreTether.com but I don't see a new link there, I even tried .../~raja/pre/net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.3_all.ipk without any luck!
    Its not out yet... its only available for people that are helping aonic test it...
  17. #677  
    So Last night I removed mytether via root.. and reinstalled it via SDK... it works! didnt have time to run any speed test though. Will try to post some up tonight!
  18. #678  
    Thanks Aonic. Finally got it working. Keep us up updating with the installer.

    Donation coming.

    Confirmation number: 08X9006760471984M
  19. ebpman's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #679  
    AONIC,

    Great application. Thanks again for your efforts. I have a couple of suggestions/comments.

    1. Ability to wake up the internet connection if the device (pre) falls asleep. This would be initiated by the connected device. In other words, from an idle state to active state.
    2. Ability to limit who connects (WIFI) to the Pre via SSID, MAC, and WEP encryption. (Some one else asked for the same)

    Thanks again. Donation coming shortly
  20. ldschi's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #680  
    anyone notice, that when you shut down the tehher, it still shows up in the wifi, network avialible, with xp, and that my battery seems to drain faster,

    when you swipe it does it totally shut down or is there another option you have to use to get it to completly turn off the mytether?

    or am i on crack?

    Larry

Posting Permissions