Page 33 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast
    where would I find the "doctor" to restore my phone?
    Just browsing the web with both my Wife's and My laptop through the Ad-Hoc WiFi Tether on the Pre, while checking email on the Pre. Very cool.

Any chance adding WEP or WPA to it? Is that allowed with Ad-Hoc. I worry about a bunch of people joining the network in a crowded area as well as data snooping from an unsecured network. (Not that WEP is much better, but would eliminate the first problem.)
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Matrix, I've never heard of that before, not sure what you can do if ur locked out of dev mode. Maybe restore using doctor.

Tavis, sorry if you look at the original 3 images, the blue globe was slightly larger than the other two similar icons. I meant shrink the blue globe slightly to match the other two's globes.

Also, check your pm a lil later!
    Sorry, I missunderstood. No worries I think I got it this time... lol

Maybe.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixdave View Post
    where would I find the "doctor" to restore my phone?
    Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint
    Anyone having problems installing the USBNet.inf for the damn thing? my pc wont even recognize it as a file. I can't get this ethergadget to install the drivers because of this. So now everytime I plug in my phone it comes up as a new device and wants to install it.
    I dunno what I'm missing here... Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    Anyone having problems installing the USBNet.inf for the damn thing? my pc wont even recognize it as a file. I can't get this ethergadget to install the drivers because of this. So now everytime I plug in my phone it comes up as a new device and wants to install it.
    I dunno what I'm missing here... Help!
    have you installed the novacom drivers? that was my issue, however, this page is a good guide

http://docwiki.gumstix.org/index.php/Windows_XP_usbnet
    Last edited by scoutcamper; 07/14/2009 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutcamper View Post
    have you installed the novacom drivers? that was my issue, however, this page is a good guide

Windows XP usbnet - GumstixDocsWiki
    Yea I believe I did install them. I mean I rooted the pre and can use the wifi on the phone for tethering. Just cant use the Usb to tether. I did all that page says. I followed it as best I could...
    I mean, I have the .inf files in a folder... When I go to pick that folder WinXP would recognize that the .inf file is there. ;(
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    That's wierd scoutcamper... I have my Pre on several networks that are wep protected too. What was asking u for the wep key? The mytether app?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with my xp pro sp3 machine, but my xp home worked perfectly.
    i have had a impossible time getting it to work on xp pro, but xp home, i ran the steps in about 2 minutes.
    on the pre net now via wi fi.
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    That's wierd scoutcamper... I have my Pre on several networks that are wep protected too. What was asking u for the wep key? The mytether app?
    no, the pc end
    Quote Originally Posted by ldschi View Post
    I have the same problem with my xp pro sp3 machine, but my xp home worked perfectly.
    i have had a impossible time getting it to work on xp pro, but xp home, i ran the steps in about 2 minutes.
    on the pre net now via wi fi.
    same problem?
    I mean, I have the .inf files in a folder... When I go to pick that folder WinXP would recognize that the .inf file is there. ;(
    what do u mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Do not point to the route of the inf file right bellow that it says 'Dont search I'll choose the driver...' click on that scroll down to network adapters then hit next... now bottom right you will see 'Have Disk' Button click on that and browse to the driver and select it... complete the wizard

Note: Those are instructions for WinXP
    well Nuzzle this is what I told somone a few posts earlier please try that I don't think you are selecting the driver rather the path
    Fantastic work! Just curious tho, would it be possible to incorporate a feature that would force the wifi to stay active? or even create a totally separate app that keeps the wifi going but allows the screen to go dark (simply for the purpose of conserving battery life as much as possible)? I would primarily use this for brief spurts from my laptop while away from my home or office Where my touchstone is located, and ideally don't want to have to plug anything in. I changed my "screen turn off" setting to 3 min's, but that's just a wee bit too short & sucks up a lot of battery if i leave it at that setting all day.

Again, simply fantastic work! I'll be sending a little for the cause over shortly.

stupid thought, but your file is saved as an xxx.inf and not xxx.inf.txt right?

If you haven't done so already, navigate to the folder you saved the file in, and select tools > folder options > click the "view" tab and if there is a check in the "hide extensions for knows file types" box and click apply. That way you will see the full file name and extension without windows hiding it. If it is xxx.inf.txt just rename it to whatever.inf then point to that folder for the driver as others have mentioned.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by dpetersman; 07/15/2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: added the bit for nizzle 'cause for some reason it wouldnt let me make a seperate post
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    well Nuzzle this is what I told somone a few posts earlier please try that I don't think you are selecting the driver rather the path
    i have to aggree

If you haven't done so already, navigate to the folder you saved the file in, and select tools > folder options > click the "view" tab and if there is a check in the "hide extensions for knows file types" box and click apply. That way you will see the full file name and extension without windows hiding it. If it is xxx.inf.txt just rename it to whatever.inf then point to that folder for the driver as others have mentioned.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
    Odd... i just made 2 posts, and they were in the thread... now there gone.

i'll try this again...

Hope this helps!