Page 31 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181131 ... LastLast
    Donation sent. Confirmation number: 3HJ96006RN462794H Thanks for the app. Big improvement over PDANet on the Treo. Looking forward to the updates.
    I seem to have some trouble...

Rooted my pre... installed webosinternal & mytether via Root..

launched mytether activate tether... it says it turns on no problem.. tried using another phone to connect via wifi. It connected but Could not access anything on the internet at all..

This morning turned tether on. it says it is on without any problems.. laptop couldnt find PreNet...

any ideas?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    i installed and it said it was running in usb mode but i couldn't find the nisd thing in windows vista to get it working so i just uninstalled and will use the bluetooth with socket proxy instead.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I'm interested in testing
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I'm using Mac OS X
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    i installed and it said it was running in usb mode but i couldn't find the nisd thing in windows vista to get it working so i just uninstalled and will use the bluetooth with socket proxy instead.
    If you enable USB, and then connect over BT PAN regularly, you wont need to do the socks proxy stuff, the tethering will work over BT.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    You should make that phone the PRE in your icons =)
    You mean more like this?
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    finally got it working after reinstalling and making the ip automatic on my netbook.
    thanx a ton Aonic. donation sent Confirmation number: 0F304600W00341815

Vis
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn View Post
    You mean more like this?
    nice work
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Aonic, been reading the posts and have a simple question. I havent seen it asked so I appoligize if i missed it.

I have rooted my pre as instructed in the wiki. Created the user but have not istalled Dropbear, OpenSSH or granted privilages to the id created. Are these steps needed before installing webosinternal & mytether via Root..

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    nice work
    Thanks. First the Fart App, now this app... If I keep this up I'll be known as the Icon man. lol
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  12.    #612  
    Nice icons guys! So many to choose from!

Quote Originally Posted by EBPMAN View Post
    Aonic, been reading the posts and have a simple question. I havent seen it asked so I appoligize if i missed it.

I have rooted my pre as instructed in the wiki. Created the user but have not istalled Dropbear, OpenSSH or granted privilages to the id created. Are these steps needed before installing webosinternal & mytether via Root..

Thanks again
    Nope you just need to open up putty to your pre and run the commands in the first post. no SSH, or dropbear, or optware needed
    You mean more like this?
    TOTALLY! those are awesome!
  14.    #614  
    Which one looks the best?

i like the first one
  16.    #616  
    You mean more like this?
    Any way you can make the globe in the middle one match the size of the other two icons there?
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post

My vote is for the third one (blue globe, green continents), though the second one (plug motif) has a certain appeal and would be a good backup choice.

Rob
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post

The one on the left
    definitely the black one (on the left)....i'll be happy to test this in about an hour, will respond with feedback. Looks like u did a good job!
    I'd like to see a mix of the smaller blue/green glove with the pre and thelaptop